GDT: Sabres at Islanders 1/14/12 7:00 P.M.

Wyldnwoody44

Hahahah. That's a great stat. Awesome.

I feel sorry for him, dude's been playing his heart out lately. There's a handful of guys I feel sorry for who bust their ass every night.

Streaks are made to be broken.

Sorry I don't share your optimism. And I'm usually a very optimistic person. :unsure:

I'm not going to defend Ruff for Adam's minutes and lines, because he absolutely should be on the top line. Vanek and Pommer are still producing, but it seems their offensive zone time just isn't as high with Hecht out there (although I have no actual stats on this, just what it looks like to me). That being said, it's a very common practice for teams to break in young centers on the wing, so I don't necessarily hate that. But the invisible ice time is ridiculous, just send him down to Rochester if he's only going to get 6 minutes on the 4th line.

That is disgraceful. Ruff is a cancer on this franchise's players and needs to be removed immediately.

It was working and Adam was playing with confidence. No reason to remove him.

In fairness he did hit a rough patch for awhile and removing him wasn't insane at the time. However, never putting him back IS insane. I fundamentally do not understand why Ruff hasn't at least tried it, and keeps insisting that Hecht is a top line center.

In fairness he did hit a rough patch for awhile and removing him wasn't insane at the time. However, never putting him back IS insane. I fundamentally do not understand why Ruff hasn't at least tried it, and keeps insisting that Hecht is a top line center.

I thought it was. Another bad job of coaching by Ruff.

That is disgraceful. Ruff is a cancer on this franchise's players and needs to be removed immediately.

He is ruining Luke Adam right before our eyes. What a shame as I like what I see from Adam.

You could also see Kassian out there thinking instead of reacting on most nights.

I always liked Ruff but he seems to ruin more guys than he helps get better, I think it's time for a change.

Seconded.

To be clear, I would have left him in there and let him ride out the stretch. I like what I've seen from Adam more often than not, and as a rookie he's going to have struggles, and I would have kept it together. But I don't think taking a struggling rookie off your top line was awful coaching by Ruff, or an indefensible decision. To me, the bad coaching is never putting it back together again. As another poster said earlier, what's the worst that can happen, we lose again?

Right now, we pick #8 correct???

Something like that. I believe Central Scouting's midseason draft list had 1 center listed in the top 5 (#4 I think). Unfortunately for us, at this point, there doesn't appear to be an RNH-type center coming out this year.

To be clear, I would have left him in there and let him ride out the stretch. I like what I've seen from Adam more often than not, and as a rookie he's going to have struggles, and I would have kept it together. But I don't think taking a struggling rookie off your top line was awful coaching by Ruff, or an indefensible decision. To me, the bad coaching is never putting it back together again. As another poster said earlier, what's the worst that can happen, we lose again?

The indefensible part was replacing a struggling rookie with a struggling veteran.

Speaking of benches, Boyes with 10 minutes?? It's gone from 'let's scratch a player because he's playing bad' to 'which player are we going to bench because we have to have somebody on the ice'.

Yeah, I definitely think not playing certain guys (especially defensemen) because they make a mistake or two can really take a toll on the others who have to play too many minutes and get worn down physically.

Something like that. I believe Central Scouting's midseason draft list had 1 center listed in the top 5 (#4 I think). Unfortunately for us, at this point, there doesn't appear to be an RNH-type center coming out this year.

He might have been, but blew his knee out. Still likely going top 10 (top 5?) despite losing most (all?) of this year. Chances are pretty good that he'll need another year in juniors to get his game back up.

He might have been, but blew his knee out. Still likely going top 10 (top 5?) despite losing most (all?) of this year. Chances are pretty good that he'll need another year in juniors to get his game back up.

Are you referring to Alex Galchenyuk?

C Mikhail Grigorenko is still listed as the #2 North American prospect on the board and as far as I know he isn't injured. Other First Round Center prospects to consider are Radek Faska, Zemgus Girensons, and Brendan Gaunce. Faska is currently #4 on Central Scoutings North American board.

Archived