GDT: Sabres at Islanders 1/14/12 7:00 P.M.

Wyldnwoody44

D sucked, especially Weber and Grags. Enroth kept the Sabres in it. I didn't like the way ice time was distributed either.

Weber made one big mistake that ended up in no goal and finished with a plus two while playing nearly 25 minutes in a 4-2 loss. There are a lot of players to pick on, on this team. Why don't I see Leopold's name on here, he made just as big of a mistake and watched two go in. Where is Leino's name he really brought it.

"Well, I'm going to pose you a question," Pegula said to Schopp. "Let's take Lindy Ruff out of the locker room and put a rookie coach in, maybe somebody we hired last year, somebody we hired at the beginning of this year. Can you imagine what he'd be going through right now with these injuries? Would you rather have a veteran coach, or would you rather have a new guy that's never seen that before?" - wgr website.

what a pathetic argument.

no t. pegs i actually can't imagine what a different coach would do under this situation, because we haven't seen a new coach in over 13 and a half seasons. you're right, we should fear change. i am so glad we had ruff here to help us get through this rough stretch of injuries. if we didn't have ruff right now we might not be so high in the standings.

freaking pathetic....i do trust in t. pegs intentions...but someone from the outside needs to go through this organization and rip it apart.

and i love playoff hockey so much, but it is looking worse and worse by the day. at this point i think i do want them to lose out and get a nice pick along with a new coach.

the game tonight:

stars:

1. roy (looked good for the second game in a row)

2. finley's fist (been a while since the sabres tossed someone around like a rag doll)

3. enroth (guy did everything he could to give these guys a chance)

honorable mention - Kaleta...way to not AK everyone to the ground after these horrible calls and then going out and scoring a goal instead! top-notch brotha.

bags:

1. refs

2. t. pegs (open your eyes)

3. odd man rushes (3-on-1 against regher???? he must hate his life right now)

go sabres

Are you referring to Alex Galchenyuk?

C Mikhail Grigorenko is still listed as the #2 North American prospect on the board and as far as I know he isn't injured. Other First Round Center prospects to consider are Radek Faska, Zemgus Girensons, and Brendan Gaunce. Faska is currently #4 on Central Scoutings North American board.

While it looks like Grigorenko played center in Russia, I believe that he has playing RW in the Q. That's why I hadn't considered him the top center prospect. Galchenyuk has been playing at center for Sarnia in the OHL on a line with Yakupov.

"Well, I'm going to pose you a question," Pegula said to Schopp. "Let's take Lindy Ruff out of the locker room and put a rookie coach in, maybe somebody we hired last year, somebody we hired at the beginning of this year. Can you imagine what he'd be going through right now with these injuries? Would you rather have a veteran coach, or would you rather have a new guy that's never seen that before?" - wgr website.

what a pathetic argument.

no t. pegs i actually can't imagine what a different coach would do under this situation, because we haven't seen a new coach in over 13 and a half seasons. you're right, we should fear change. i am so glad we had ruff here to help us get through this rough stretch of injuries. if we didn't have ruff right now we might not be so high in the standings.

freaking pathetic....i do trust in t. pegs intentions...but someone from the outside needs to go through this organization and rip it apart.

and i love playoff hockey so much, but it is looking worse and worse by the day. at this point i think i do want them to lose out and get a nice pick along with a new coach.

the game tonight:

stars:

1. roy (looked good for the second game in a row)

2. finley's fist (been a while since the sabres tossed someone around like a rag doll)

3. enroth (guy did everything he could to give these guys a chance)

honorable mention - Kaleta...way to not AK everyone to the ground after these horrible calls and then going out and scoring a goal instead! top-notch brotha.

bags:

1. refs

2. t. pegs (open your eyes)

3. odd man rushes (3-on-1 against regher???? he must hate his life right now)

go sabres

I have to agree. Roy played another one of his better games. He actually played pretty good defensively all game, saw him stop two or three Isles' flurries by coming from the point, grabbing the rebound in front of Enroth, take it behind the net and bring it out to start a rush. Thought I say him throw a hit or two. Finley looked pretty good too, not saying that because of his fight either. The way Enroth's been playing I'd be pissed right now if I were him and not getting any support whatsoever. I know he's a rookie, but got to give him credit for not throwing the team under the bus in his interviews. I know I would.

That could have been the worst, if not one of the top 3 worst officiated games I have seen all year. The way Miller's been playing, if he were in net this game would have been over by the end of the second period. With that said, the way Enroth kep them in the game, if they had fair officiating tonight I think the Sabres could have at least gotten away with a point.

Relax everyone. Sabres are just going through an enormous injury bug. I am sure that by the time everyone comes back, we'll be fine. You can't expect Ruff or any other coach to get them through this with all the injuries. And you can't expect the guys who aren't injured to right-size the ship either. And they played Friday night too and that back to back is just too much to ask from a team with all these injuries. I am sure the flight from Buffalo to NYC was crap. And they understandably just weren't prepared to get off to a fast start last night. They just weren't skating well. It's tough to win in the NHL.

The explanation above is the status quo, is more or less consistent with the crap that Terry and Darcy were spewing last week to the News and WGR, and it is pathetic. Maybe we are angling for a high draft pick. Maybe that's the only thing to look forward to in this nightmare of a season.

Right now, we pick #8 correct???

#7, only 14 points out of last place and 7 points out of 29th: http://www.nhl.com/i...=nav-stn-league

And given how bad the Sabres are on the road, the next 6 games I think it is could significantly help to drop them below the Islanders and TB who are only 5 points back and in 27 and 28 respectively.

You might have posted this in jest but I could see it. It certainly would provide a valid excuse to blow the place up.

PTR

I've never seen the Sabres run for the bus before. We've always had the pride of being as competitive as possible. But this failure to score over such a long period of time...combined with the lack of cohesiveness and character...well maybe they've been instructed to sink to the bottom by Ted, who knows?

Relax everyone. Sabres are just going through an enormous injury bug. I am sure that by the time everyone comes back, we'll be fine. You can't expect Ruff or any other coach to get them through this with all the injuries. And you can't expect the guys who aren't injured to right-size the ship either. And they played Friday night too and that back to back is just too much to ask from a team with all these injuries. I am sure the flight from Buffalo to NYC was crap. And they understandably just weren't prepared to get off to a fast start last night. They just weren't skating well. It's tough to win in the NHL.

The explanation above is the status quo, is more or less consistent with the crap that Terry and Darcy were spewing last week to the News and WGR, and it is pathetic. Maybe we are angling for a high draft pick. Maybe that's the only thing to look forward to in this nightmare of a season.

With your rationalizing, sounds like you deserve a high paying job in the front office!

Things I noticed from being there live (probably not anything earth shattering, I'm assuming many of you have watched them in person this year):

First thing I noticed more than anything was how poor their transition game was. They just couldn't seem to covert turnovers into scoring chances. That probably has something to do with their lack of a center. But even the Islanders last night schooled the Sabres on how get the the puck out of their own zone and turn it into a scoring chance.

One thing Lindy has been totally right about this year is that Kaleta is a marked man. He can't hit anyone without getting penalized. It's really getting ridiculous now.

Obviously anyone who watched last night knows that they played horribly in their own end. Gragnani was horrendous, two giveaways that should have cost us the game. Leopold with another.

Honestly didn't think Stafford looked that bad last night. He didn't get many shots off but he was hard to knock off the puck. Gerbe was a menace last night. Enroth deserved the win, but the rest of the guys didn't bring it. Very disappointing, won't come anywhere close to making the playoffs if you can't ever win two in a row.

I've never seen the Sabres run for the bus before. We've always had the pride of being as competitive as possible. But this failure to score over such a long period of time...combined with the lack of cohesiveness and character...well maybe they've been instructed to sink to the bottom by Ted, who knows?

With your rationalizing, sounds like you deserve a high paying job in the front office!

If this front office is looking for a high pick they are not going to tell the coach or players to tank it. They don't need to. If the goal is miss the playoffs and finish at the bottom they just need to continue what they have been doing, making excuses, not changes. Just keep giving Lieno, Boyes Stafford and Hecht more ice time and you are guaranteeing that the Sabres won't score.

Things I noticed from being there live (probably not anything earth shattering, I'm assuming many of you have watched them in person this year):

First thing I noticed more than anything was how poor their transition game was. They just couldn't seem to covert turnovers into scoring chances. That probably has something to do with their lack of a center. But even the Islanders last night schooled the Sabres on how get the the puck out of their own zone and turn it into a scoring chance.

You read my mind, I was thinking the same thing last night watching the game. Not only do they fail to get decent chances on turnovers (something every other NHL team seems to have no problem with), they also are one shot and done. I hardly ever see more than one or sometimes two shots when the Sabres have the puck in the offensive zone. That being said, Roy scored a rebound chance, but more often than not, the puck is going the other way down the ice...

Probably already has one!

How about installing a veteran coach, like a Hitchcock, not a rookie coach? Or maybe that never occurred to Terry. It couldn't be much worse than this and look at the St. Louis Blues and LA Kings. They changed coaches this year and survived....Lindy and Darcy must have pictures or maybe donor information on Terry...otherwise I have no idea how they hang on to their jobs.

How about installing a veteran coach, like a Hitchcock, not a rookie coach? Or maybe that never occurred to Terry. It couldn't be much worse than this and look at the St. Louis Blues and LA Kings. They changed coaches this year and survived....Lindy and Darcy must have pictures or maybe donor information on Terry...otherwise I have no idea how they hang on to their jobs.

+1

Veteran or rookie, it's hard to imagine they could be doing a worse job than Ruff is doing right now. Maybe a different coach wouldn't be falling back on the injury excuses like Ruff does, maybe a different coach gets this team to rally around the injuries and step up their game. That is the point Terry Pegula just doesn't seem to get. It is not acceptable to ball up in a corner and cry about injuries, not matter how severe, like Lindy and his teams do.

Probably already has one!

LOL! I wish-. Nope, I just regurgitated the crap that Terry, Lindy, Darcy, Black, and members of the team have been spitting out last week and over the last few months. It's pretty easy really... just combine quotes from Bills and Sabres coverage, mix in some hockey speak, and there you have it.

I'm done. Until Ruff is fired, I'm not investing anymore emotion on this team ( except for when my son and I drive to Vancouver to see them in our $430 seats)

Tired of them always losing to the Isles. My goodness every time we lose to them.

Vanek gets terrible ice time, nowhere near what their best player should get. The handling of his goalies has always been terrible. I could go on. I wonder how good Vamek would be if he were under some other coach???

Ruff needs to go. 15 yrs is too long!

Archived