GDT: Sabres at Islanders 1/14/12 7:00 P.M.

Wyldnwoody44

Who's Hot: Gaustad assisted on Buffalo's opening goal Friday and scored the second for his first points since New Year's Eve (four games). Pominville has five points in his last five games, He and Thomas Vanek have scored 12 of the Sabres' 34 goals in their last 16 games. … All-Star John Tavares scored a goal in the closing seconds Thursday to extend his points streak to seven games, during which he has four goals and 13 points.

A game against a team I would have said the Sabres should beat but scratching out wins against bottom feeders and trying to string 2 wins together have me questioning my own commitment to the team never mind the players level of commitment. Islanders have shown improvement and Tavares is legit. Should the Sabres win? I think they've proven beyond a reasonable doubt that they aren't that class of team. Can the Sabres win? It's entirely within the realm of possibility with certain conditions. Play hard for 60 minutes. Play with Gerbes heart. Play out of character(for a lot of these pansies). Don't make boneheaded mistakes. Sure they can. GO SABRES !

Let's win two in a row because I'm so sick of hearing about us not being able to win two in a row. We need this win to get off to the road trip on a positive note. Road games against Detroit and Chicago follow this game up....

Who's Hot: Gaustad assisted on Buffalo's opening goal Friday and scored the second for his first points since New Year's Eve (four games). Pominville has five points in his last five games, He and Thomas Vanek have scored 12 of the Sabres' 34 goals in their last 16 games. … All-Star John Tavares scored a goal in the closing seconds Thursday to extend his points streak to seven games, during which he has four goals and 13 points.

Sorry chz, I kinda stole your GDT thunder.....

I will be in attendance. First time at the Coliseum, I've only heard bad things about it but I guess I'll be able to see first hand. Don't really care who's in goal honestly as long as we can get 2 points.

It's pretty beat, haven't been since last year but I cannot imagine it got any better...at which time a guy scalped me handicap seating tickets. What's up with that?

It's pretty beat, haven't been since last year but I cannot imagine it got any better...at which time a guy scalped me handicap seating tickets. What's up with that?

Yikes. What ever, I'll be watching the Sabres in person, an opportunity I get only a couple times a year. I assume there will be tons of other Sabres fans there as there always are at Devils/Rangers games which I attend more often.

Yikes. What ever, I'll be watching the Sabres in person, an opportunity I get only a couple times a year. I assume there will be tons of other Sabres fans there as there always are at Devils/Rangers games which I attend more often.

Benefit over Devils/Rags games you usually get to move to a seat of your chosing if the usher isn't a hard-on.

Couldn't ask for a much better team to start the win streak against, it's been over 2 months since back to back wins and this is needed. It's nice to see the secondary scoring, but then again I'd guess that anyone scoring other than Pommers and Vanek would be secondary. I like the Finley call up to replace McNabb, a big man to replace a big man.

4 - 0 Sabres

GO SABRES

Archived