Winter Classic

darksabre

Oh Danny... you're no Sidney.

Could have used that goal in both my fantasy leagues..

We still say Dannnyy Brierrrrree!! everytime he touches the puck. Man can play behind the goal.

Wow. What a finish. Boring first period but after that it was a good game. Mike Rupp first star? Who would've thought that? Briere with a penalty shot with 19 sec left.... Stoned by Lundquist. Nice win by the Rangers ( even though I hate them too). Don't want to see Philly in anymore winter classics for awhile. Get two new teams next year.

Callahan was screwed. Not sure what led to the penalty shot, either.

They seemed to decide that the Rangers player covered the puck with his hand in the crease, but as far as I could tell it was his thigh that covered the puck. Nothing decisive but apparently the refs decided after deliberation that a penalty shot was in order. It was sketchy.

They seemed to decide that the Rangers player covered the puck with his hand in the crease, but as far as I could tell it was his thigh that covered the puck. Nothing decisive but apparently the refs decided after deliberation that a penalty shot was in order. It was sketchy.

I'm pretty sure that a player can't cover the puck with anything in the crease. It was a good call and luckily didn't effect the outcome of the game.

After the first period, it was a pretty good game. I love the Classic.

I'm pretty sure that a player can't cover the puck with anything in the crease. It was a good call and luckily didn't effect the outcome of the game.

After the first period, it was a pretty good game. I love the Classic.

I love it too. Who should get it next year? Based on this years games, I'd like to see St. Louis and Detroit at Comerica Park. Or maybe Minnesota/Colorado in St. Paul. Bring it back up to colder climes.

I like the Roots and everything, but this intermission show is just bleh. Fortunately I have Michigan State vs. Georgia in 3OT right now. Crazy bowl game.

Haha yeah I put the Classic on DVR so I could watch the end of that game. Glad to see Mich. St. win it!

Way to botch the Canadian anthem Fiona...

And Patti hacks up the US Anthem

Patti was awful, didn't expect that.

Rose Bowl just had sweet anthem played by the band and perfect timing with a stealth fighter going over.

I've been watching too much football to check in the WC yet....now I will

Some great games this past week. Baylor in the shootout vs. Washington?

Just saw end of Wisconsin losing to Oregon. Too bad, Wisconsin is an easy school to like. On to the Fiesta, although I'm not too interested in the teams. Gotta save some energy for my Hokies tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I'm glad that didn't go in or else I'd smell shootout rig for national TV.

The Delay of Game or whatever it was for McDonagh covering the puck in the crease was a good call. The Callahan "embellishment" call was total bull. Callahan clearly saying to the ref in the slow-mo replay: "WHAT? NO F---ING WAY!!"

Rig crossed my mind, too. :lol:

Just saw end of Wisconsin losing to Oregon. Too bad, Wisconsin is an easy school to like. On to the Fiesta, although I'm not too interested in the teams. Gotta save some energy for my Hokies tomorrow. :thumbsup:

I don't know what was up with those hats Oregon was wearing, but the (real) OSU helmets, in black matte, are freaking slick. The game isn't too great so far, though.

3-2 Rangers. I hate the Flyers more so I hope NY wins.

Anybody else not like Doc Emerick? He drives me crazy he's so annoying.

I'm with you on Emerick. The only person worse is the dolt sitting next to him.

Those two ruin Hockey for me. I wish there were a way to mute these clowns and still here the game play like on an EA Sports game

Instead I just refuse to watch. Join the Revolt.

I'm with you on Emerick. The only person worse is the dolt sitting next to him.

Those two ruin Hockey for me. I wish there were a way to mute these clowns and still here the game play like on an EA Sports game

Instead I just refuse to watch. Join the Revolt.

If anyone plays video games and has real time rosters.....how did they pronounce Szczechura?

If anyone plays video games and has real time rosters.....how did they pronounce Szczechura?

They have play-by-play announcers in video games now? Holy sh&t! I may need to check into this.

On the other hand, if the button sequences were too difficult for me to learn 12 years ago, it's probably worse now.

Archived