Stafford needs to go

Eleven

I'd throw in Gragnani along with Pominville just to see if Chicago would add in Duncan Keith.

Other than raw objective data, I can only imagine how they figure out what is fair.

The trades Boston made years ago definitely set them apart from the pack.

San Jose still has not reaped the benefits.

Edited by hockeyhound

What. Just. Happened. Here?

Not quite a car accident, nor a forced commitment to mental institution, nor a round of mental ######, but something combining elements of all 3. Perhaps a car accident caused by an inattentive ###### driver en route to a mental institution?

It wasn't me

It wasn't me

Not sure. Some one hit the pool though.

At least some good humor came out of it though.

You won't get Kane for just Pomminstein, maybe for Vanek or Myers straight up

Kane was a #1 overall pick and younger then Pomminstein, he has also been a better player in his short career then Pomminstein. A little slump he is in now will not have the 'Hawks trading him for just anyone

There isn't a single player on this team that would make the Chicago Blackhawks interested in dumping Kane. Let's be real here. And just adding more of our guys into the mix only makes that fantastic scenario even less desireable for them, as the salaries then become lopsided the wrong way.

It was fun however, it is time to hit the pool, outdoors that is.

Just having fun.

cya

Burn.

IMHO, I think your "fandom" for Kane in a Sabre sweater is blurring your sense of trade equality. To make things fair, you should attempt to play the GM of the team you're hoping trades with Buffalo, then ask yourself if you'd give Kane away for a guy like Pommers.

The answer is, without a boubt, NO.

I don't even want to ask because then I will get accused of starting this page or so of stupidity, but W(hy)TF are we discussing a trade for Kane (RW) when we have Pominville, Stafford, Kassian, Armia? Even if you dump stafford you still have Pominville, Kassian, Armia, Kaleta... so WTF!?! Focus people. The position we need is CENTER.

ps. Don't we have enough undersized, skilled, non physical wingers on this team already?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast.

Edited by LGR4GM

There isn't a single player on this team that would make the Chicago Blackhawks interested in dumping Kane. Let's be real here. And just adding more of our guys into the mix only makes that fantastic scenario even less desireable for them, as the salaries then become lopsided the wrong way.

Someone here last year said Chicago offered Kane for Myers and had it from someone who worked for the Sabres. I said no way, it was probably the other way around if true. It was reported that one of the first things Pegula tried to do was to get Kane in Buffalo. He offered Myers and was turned down. It was in the Edmonton paper I think a few months after the discussion was here. It was a real source though. Not that anyone was lying...the telephone tag game just flipped the offering team.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't even want to ask because then I will get accused of starting this page or so of stupidity, but W(hy)TF are we discussing a trade for Kane (RW) when we have Pominville, Stafford, Kassian, Armia?

But weren't you paying attention? We're dumping Pominville for Kane. Problem solved. Then we send Stafford off to Pittsburgh for Malkin and we're gold, Jerry, gold.

Alright, I'm off to the pool.

I don't even want to ask because then I will get accused of starting this page or so of stupidity, but W(hy)TF are we discussing a trade for Kane (RW) when we have Pominville, Stafford, Kassian, Armia? Even if you dump stafford you still have Pominville, Kassian, Armia, Kaleta... so WTF!?! Focus people. The position we need is CENTER.

ps. Don't we have enough undersized, skilled, non physical wingers on this team already?

They converted him to center earlier in the year, he seems to do quite well in the middle.

That does however, do nothing to diminish how unlikely the acquisition of Kane would be.

I hate myself for even responding to this "idea," but (i) there is NFW Chicago is going to trade Kane and (ii) if by some miracle all of the decision-makers in Chicago contracted severe dementia and decided to trade him, there is no forward on the Sabres that would make any Sabre decision maker say "sorry, we don't have room for Kane."

I hate myself for even responding to this "idea," but (i) there is NFW Chicago is going to trade Kane and (ii) if by some miracle all of the decision-makers in Chicago contracted severe dementia and decided to trade him, there is no forward on the Sabres that would make any Sabre decision maker say "sorry, we don't have room for Kane."

Not even Matt Ellis?