Fight Night 11/8/11 Winnipeg at Buffalo

Weave

48 members have voted

1. 1. Glass at McCormick

• Win McCormick
    • Win Glass
    • Draw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdicuYZuUFc

Watta fight. Lots of punches thrown in anger. Cody starts lefty and switches to right when Glass tried to tie him up. I counted at least 6 punches by Mic landing. And Cody scores a knockdown to end it. Glass obviously caught Cody hard at least once cuz Cody was leaking at the end. I think it was the first punch thrown just as they went off camera.

Good spirited battle by Glass but he was outclassed here IMO. Win Mic.

I believe this is the first one this year that I didn't vote a draw.

I always hate when a Sabre fights during a scoring chance/forecheck, though.

Glass had gloves off and was throwing, not much McCormick could do, looks like Glass landed a decent one to start the fight, McCormick finished it.

Well, I voted draw on the poll based on my memory from last night, but after watching the fight again I have to change my opinion. I didn't want to look like a homer, but Cody clearly won this fight imo. Both dudes were throwing bombs to start, and clearly McCormick got popped pretty good to be bleeding, but as the fight wore on it was ALL Cody. Those last two punches that put Glass on his ass were the decision maker here.

That fight was reminescent of Rob Ray and the 1990's. Both guys had their heads down and just throwing. No ridiculous tie ups, jersey jabs, and right crosses thrown while leaning backwards to avoid getting hit. It was just old school pin your ears back and chuck 'em. :clapping: :worthy:

Fighting is sooooo much more entertaining when it is between two guys who don't have to fear for their orbital bone getting caved in so they just throw with abandon, to hell with defense.

Just want to say that the fight last night was one of the most entertaining fights I have seen in quite some time. Refreshing to see them 'throw em with both hands... :thumbsup:

Oh, and I voted for Cody despite the bleeding. Watching it live I thought he won it pretty clean and was surprised he came out worse for wear.

The only way to fairly judge any fight is minus the RJ commentary.

I voted draw. Both guys did a great job. Glass was icing his hand and I will guess that Cody is icing his face this morning. He was bleeding like Ric Flair.

I voted the same for the same reasons as you have listed above.

Nice Ric Flair reference.

Noone else mentioning the knockdown Cody scored? Sure looked to me like it was a punch from Mic that knocked Glass down and ended the fight.

Yup, I'm not sure if it was the punch knocking him off his feet or the force of the blow causing him to lose his balance (if you can understand the distinction I am drawing) but I think Cody scored a pretty decisive victory despite being a bleeder.

Yup, I'm not sure if it was the punch knocking him off his feet or the force of the blow causing him to lose his balance (if you can understand the distinction I am drawing) but I think Cody scored a pretty decisive victory despite being a bleeder.

He went into the good 'ol "NO ONE MAKES ME BLEED MY OWN BLOOD!" mode!

I get the distinction. It appears to me that #1 is likely but I'm willing to admit bias and that #2 has a good argument.

Archived