Leino asked to go back to wing....

Buzz Killington

Maybe he doesn't think he's getting the job done at center and wants to see if he can help the team more at wing? With Adam making himself our top line center, Leino doesn't really need to play the center role we all expected him to in the off season.

We know Leino is a slippery guy and has great hands, let's see what happens. Maybe it'll be a good move?

Maybe he doesn't think he's getting the job done at center and wants to see if he can help the team more at wing? With Adam making himself our top line center, Leino doesn't really need to play the center role we all expected him to in the off season.

We know Leino is a slippery guy and has great hands, let's see what happens. Maybe it'll be a good move?

If it gets the job done and the W at the end of the night, I'm all for it.

I'd like to jump on that train. Maybe it's similar to Boyes who was playing decent last year (wayyyy better than playoffs/start of the 11/12 season) and then was moved to centre due to an injury. Boyes was never the same again. Let's hope that moving him to play with Roy and Staff will provide for a great second scoring line.

Leino asked to go back to the wing BEFORE Ennis got hurt. Lindy just saying this today because someone brought it up.

I was willing to wait and let Leino play out the center experiment, give him some more games to get him going. What does he do? Quits. I can hear him now "I need to score, I'm not happy, wah wah sob sniffle sniffle".

Sure he's prolly better at wing but he signed up to play center. Make it work don't quit.

Adam may work out this year, then again, he may not. That is beside the point. They walked away from the Richards extravaganza(not that he was coming here anyways), and put all there eggs in the "Leino is our new center" basket. Now 3 weeks into the season, he is asking to go back to wing. I didn't hear any concerns from Leino about playing center when he signed his name on the dotted line. Play where the coaches tell you to play, and work at getting better!

The center position is now back to a rookie who is still very green, a guy who has a nagging leg injury, and a guy who can't recover from concussion symptoms.

So who is the 3rd line center now? Gaustad? Outstanding!

:angry:

Adam may work out this year, then again, he may not. That is beside the point. They walked away from the Richards extravaganza(not that he was coming here anyways), and put all there eggs in the "Leino is our new center" basket. Now 3 weeks into the season, he is asking to go back to wing. I didn't hear any concerns from Leino about playing center when he signed his name on the dotted line. Play where the coaches tell you to play, and work at getting better!

The center position is now back to a rookie who is still very green, a guy who has a nagging leg injury, and a guy who can't recover from concussion symptoms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC-wMcWv2_w&feature=related

I was willing to wait and let Leino play out the center experiment, give him some more games to get him going. What does he do? Quits. I can hear him now "I need to score, I'm not happy, wah wah sob sniffle sniffle".

Sure he's prolly better at wing but he signed up to play center. Make it work don't quit.

overly harsh.

he signed up to play center? as in, it's in his contract? based on what little i know of his time in philly, the guy made his game work in the nhl by playing wing with a playmaking center (briere) and a bruiser on the other wing (hartnell, right?). the fact that he wants to move to the wing so that he can start contributing to the team's greater good isn't reason to take shots at him.

agreed with blue, excepting the struck part. my frustration isn't with leino, it's with the organization selling us a bill of goods on leino as a center.

that said, i'm okay with them not landing richards and taking on a quality forward like leino. it may take some time to get our stud center. in the meantime, lindy is going to need to put his guys in positions where they can succeed. and that may involve putting leino back on wing.

overly harsh.

he signed up to play center? as in, it's in his contract? based on what little i know of his time in philly, the guy made his game work in the nhl by playing wing with a playmaking center (briere) and a bruiser on the other wing (hartnell, right?). the fact that he wants to move to the wing so that he can start contributing to the team's greater good isn't reason to take shots at him.

Chz takes off Team Stormcloud hat....

Leino asked to go back to the wing BEFORE Ennis got hurt. Lindy just saying this today because someone brought it up.

I agree with this.

Just remember that part, and I agree with most of the rest.

I bet the whole locker room in Philly is laughing right now and holding their stomachs.

This I doubt.

Not to go all high school here.....but do you think this is about the time for someone to pick up a phone when we have a center prospect playing out of his mind, a young backup goalie with no noticable dropoff from Miller, and 5 defensemen who play the same style game while Tunnel of Death Jr. is sitting in the pressbox?

You have to be as efficient as possible with your assets, especially if you have a glaring weakness that would benefit by being plugged. You have a capable starting goalie and a top 5 defenseman with a unique skill set for this team, not playing. Adam reminds me of Dean Sylvester.

I'll go back in the corner now, thank you.

Not to go all high school here.....but do you think this is about the time for someone to pick up a phone when we have a center prospect playing out of his mind, a young backup goalie with no noticable dropoff from Miller, and 5 defensemen who play the same style game while Tunnel of Death Jr. is sitting in the pressbox?

You have to be as efficient as possible with your assets, especially if you have a glaring weakness that would benefit by being plugged. You have a capable starting goalie and a top 5 defenseman with a unique skill set for this team, not playing. Adam reminds me of Dean Sylvester.

I'll go back in the corner now, thank you.

I'll just say it. I don't like the idea of moving any of those pieces. We finally have support for Miller, a real defensive corps, and a promising first line center. I don't like any part of disrupting that.

I'll just say it. I don't like the idea of moving any of those pieces. We finally have support for Miller, a real defensive corps, and a promising first line center. I don't like any part of disrupting that.

I understand, but Enroth is starting to develop a body of work to the point where someone would take a shot at him as a starter soon. You get a capable backup in return. That difference plus a Sekera and Adam gets you the top line center...if someone bites.

In my mind I see exactaly what Labatt does. You have your #3 center playing like a #1 for a short stretch, your #2 is now a wing, your other #2 who was a #1 looks like he has to take a #2 when he has to backcheck on the fly, so who knows what is really happening inside that knee, your new #3 is really a visor wearing #4, and the guy who is out of the lineup was an emergency #3 to begin with.

I like the makeup of the team minus being a bit perturbed about Weber sitting. It just seems like now is the perfect time to parlay those 3 guys and get some security. I don't expect it, I won't beat a drum about it, but it seems like the correct play given the timing.

So are we ready to run Leino out of town already? I can't help but think of the last free agent who went the other way, from Buffalo to Philly.

Who wants to run him out of town?

The Sabres brought him in to play center. They have played 7 of 82 games, which equates in football time to 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter of the 2nd game of the season. Imagine if you signed a big free agent to play left tackle at $9 million a year (nfl % of Lieno contract), who played guard his first few years in the NFL but was a tackle in college, and he tells Gailey before halftime in game 2 in a 6 year contract that he wants to play guard......how would that go over?

The Sabres brought him in to play center. They have played 7 of 82 games, which equates in football time to 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter of the 2nd game of the season. Imagine if you signed a big free agent to play left tackle at $9 million a year (nfl % of Lieno contract), who played guard his first few years in the NFL but was a tackle in college, and he tells Gailey before halftime in game 2 in a 6 year contract that he wants to play guard......how would that go over?

Who wants to run him out of town? He's already the local whipping boy, but I guess someone always has to fall into that role.

depends on what exactly he said.

Archived