They're already on their way to Europe

FogBat

Hecht is pretty well done as a Sabre. He had the entire playoffs and off season to recover from his concussion symptoms - he comes into camp and gets another concussion from running into another guy. Now he's out for weeks again. We need guys who can stay on the ice. Hecht may be the team's first cap casualty, much to Manheim's dismay.

He's in a tough spot, isn't he? And at age 34 he's no spring chicken either in the last year of his contract.

34, last year of contract, and has missed the playoffs each of the last two years.

With a cap hit of 3.525.

I wouldn't blame Darcy for sending him down if he did. That would be a nice piece of salary to have if anything opens up later in the year.

He's in a tough spot, isn't he? And at age 34 he's no spring chicken either in the last year of his contract.

Cough drury Cough. Same situation, another less than glamorous end.

EDIT: Maybe NYR could also sign him to a massive contract and kill it after realising it was a stupidly overpriced signing.

Am I correct in that they have only brought 13 Forwards to Europe? The 13 listed here (minus Kotalik plus Adam): http://sabres.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

It just seems to me that if they're going to bring three goalies, they may as well also bring along a 14th forward. I assume they brought seven D-men; maybe they figure that if TWO skaters get injured, they could have a D-man play forward in a pinch. But with Hecht's concussion symptoms flaring up, it just gets me thinking a bit.

Also, it is puzzling how Kotalik is still listed on the Sabres' roster above, but Morrisonn is not? Meh. For what it's worth, NHL numbers has them right.

ANNNNNDDD Edit: Looks like y'all've been discussing this in the Ruff+Boyes thread; 14 forwards (Ellis) plus all seven D-men are in Germany. http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article579583.ece

Am I correct in that they have only brought 13 Forwards to Europe? The 13 listed here (minus Kotalik plus Adam): http://sabres.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

It just seems to me that if they're going to bring three goalies, they may as well also bring along a 14th forward. I assume they brought seven D-men; maybe they figure that if TWO skaters get injured, they could have a D-man play forward in a pinch. But with Hecht's concussion symptoms flaring up, it just gets me thinking a bit.

Matt Ellis is there too.

Also, it is puzzling how Kotalik is still listed on the Sabres' roster above, but Morrisonn is not? Meh. For what it's worth, NHL numbers has them right.

Morrisonn is with Rochester, and despite clearing waivers, Kotalik is still a Buffalo Sabre. He didn't report to Rochester. He's currently in Czech Republic trying to finalize a deal with a club over there, and once he does, the Sabres will have to "loan" him to that team.

I wouldn't blame Darcy for sending him down if he did. That would be a nice piece of salary to have if anything opens up later in the year.

Based on how long he has been with the team, and everything he has done, I am not too sure if Buffalo would do that to him, and send him down.

I like Hecht, but it does seem that his time might be up.

WGR reporting this morning that Hecht's concussion symptoms have flared up again. Sounds like there is no chance he will be playing in either of the two games in Europe.Probably a pretty good chance this means that Adam is up with the Sabres for the near future.

Ohh this is so sad, the time in Germany would have been so great for him.

Maybe Adam plays as good as in the pre season and will help the team.

Don't underestimate Hecht's value to the team. He is probably their best two way forward who is also the 3rd center if Adam goes down with an injury or isn't ready for the big league.

In addition, he is the only "vet forward"(read 30+) that we always want on the team come playoff time now that Grier and Neidermayer are gone.

Don't underestimate Hecht's value to the team. He is probably their best two way forward who is also the 3rd center if Adam goes down with an injury or isn't ready for the big league.

In addition, he is the only "vet forward"(read 30+) that we always want on the team come playoff time now that Grier and Neidermayer are gone.

That's a good point. I think this is a team where we should do great in the regular season but need some more vets come playoff time. I'm very hopeful that Darcy will make atleast a move or two at the trade deadline to bring in this years version of Mark Rechhi.

That's an important point right there. I don't think anyone wants him as a center full time, but the team does need that guy who can step in and fill that role when the eventual injuries occur. He is by far the best option currently within the organization.

interesting point and I understand what you mean by the 30+ thing but honestly if Roy, Miller, Vanek, Goose, Ehrhoff, Leino arent vets for the all important playoffs then wtf are we paying them for... Basically i dont think hecht makes or breaks this team but he would help more than hinder when he returns.

interesting point and I understand what you mean by the 30+ thing but honestly if Roy, Miller, Vanek, Goose, Ehrhoff, Leino arent vets for the all important playoffs then wtf are we paying them for... Basically i dont think hecht makes or breaks this team but he would help more than hinder when he returns.

His in the same boat Neidermnayer (sp?) was in last year in my books, useful in the postseason but cant really justify keeping him all season for that one bit.

Here's a link to the Sabres playing the Ducks in Helsinki on Jokerit's website. (Sorry, it's all written in Finnish, but I think we can all get the gist of it. There's always Google translator if anyone wants to take the time to read what was said and make sense out of the broken English that comes as a result of trying not to lose something in translation.)

EDIT: Notice that the ticket prices are phenomenally more expensive for our match against the Ducks as opposed to the Ducks playing Jokerit - and those prices are in Euros!

Here's a link to the Sabres playing the Ducks in Helsinki on Jokerit's website. (Sorry, it's all written in Finnish, but I think we can all get the gist of it. There's always Google translator if anyone wants to take the time to read what was said and make sense out of the broken English that comes as a result of trying not to lose something in translation.)

EDIT: Notice that the ticket prices are phenomenally more expensive for our match against the Ducks as opposed to the Ducks playing Jokerit - and those prices are in Euros!

The google translation is hilarious:

NHL brings the stars of Finnish Finland - Anaheim and Buffalo will start in the autumn term of office in Helsinki. Last autumn, a handsome NHL Premiere in the Helsinki event will be continued. October 4 and 7 Hartwall Areena is experienced again the world's premier hockey league drug. Tickets are on sale. Buy places Lippupiste site.

The google translation is hilarious:

NHL brings the stars of Finnish Finland - Anaheim and Buffalo will start in the autumn term of office in Helsinki. Last autumn, a handsome NHL Premiere in the Helsinki event will be continued. October 4 and 7 Hartwall Areena is experienced again the world's premier hockey league drug. Tickets are on sale. Buy places Lippupiste site.

:clapping: Priceless!

At least there's some consolation that Sean McMorrow won't be there.

Archived