Sabres, Darcy deserve more credit

Sabre fan

It seems to me that while there has been a lot of Sabre, and Darcy in particular bashing going on now for sometime, the truth is the organization, and Darcy in particular have, and are still doing the exact opposite of what people accuse them of. The team, and Darcy have gone great lengths to help Craig Rivet last year, and has again gone to great lengths to assist Ales Kotalik this season. That is class, and Darcy and the Sabre team in general have treated both newcomers, those returning, as well as those up and coming prospects well, and deserve to be praised more then they actually receive. All Sabre fans can and should be proud of the team and it's organization, from top to bottom. There are many other teams that could actually learn something from Darcy and company.

It seems to me that while there has been a lot of Sabre, and Darcy in particular bashing going on now for sometime, the truth is the organization, and Darcy in particular have, and are still doing the exact opposite of what people accuse them of. The team, and Darcy have gone great lengths to help Craig Rivet last year, and has again gone to great lengths to assist Ales Kotalik this season. That is class, and Darcy and the Sabre team in general have treated both newcomers, those returning, as well as those up and coming prospects well, and deserve to be praised more then they actually receive. All Sabre fans can and should be proud of the team and it's organization, from top to bottom. There are many other teams that could actually learn something from Darcy and company.

This wasn't true at all prior to late February of this year. So who is it again you think deserves the credit?

Thanks for signing up for the board Mrs. Regier!

This wasn't true at all prior to late February of this year. So who is it again you think deserves the credit?

Thanks for signing up for the board Mrs. Regier!

You are right on!!

We can't forget all those years of BS when dealing with players and other staff. It all ended in February.

What did the previous ownership group do for Teppo?

What did the current ownership group do for Teppo?

You are right on!!

We can't forget all those years of BS when dealing with players and other staff. It all ended in February.

It's true to say he never deserved an easy time but do we really know who is to blame for the Drury/Briere departure, crap offseasons et al? There is something in the 'maybe Regier didn't deserve all the flaming he got' (athough, just to be clear, I still think he deserved alot of it). Just an idea, not a fully fledged opinion.

What did the previous ownership group do for Teppo?

What did the current ownership group do for Teppo?

I would say most ownerships do nothing for players like that, while I'm not defending it there aren't many teams out there that add that extra level of class. Also am I wrong in saying Teppo was a Coyote for most of his career?

Does everyone forget that they suspended him without pay?

part of a clause written into the contract he signed that said if a player is not healthy, they are suspended without pay.

it must have made him so mad and pissed Teppo off cause he re-signed with them the year later.

The only ones making any sort of big deal about that, making the team and management out to be villans were the media, which in turn made the fans view them as villans.

Previous to TPegs this organization was known for treating certain players badly. Mostly when it came to saving money for the owner. At that time Regier was working within the limits he had been given. Just as he is now.

I absolutely agree...The problem was not and has never been Regier....It was the Regas's who were more concerned about lining their own pockets with dirty money and making themselves look good in the public eye then the legitimate operation of a sports franchise....It was Golisano...Who knew nothing about running a major sports franchise....It was Quinn - A colossal moron who couldn't find his butt while sitting on both hands but thought himself (a legend in his own mind) the second coming of Scotty Bowman. What we are seeing now are the true abilities of Darcy Regier under the excellence of an organization established by Pegs...It was the organization that $h!t on the players and this franchise not Regier...More than once he put together awesome teams with jackasses as owners....I can't wait to see the teams he is able to assemble with the shackles off and this new leadership in place. Give the guy a chance....He's been remarkable given slugs he's had to work for....

Does everyone forget that they suspended him without pay?

While i don't agree with what the Sabres did, every team would have done the same thing. He couldn't play and it took him off our payroll. Teppo going back to smoking in the summer and coming to camp not in the greatest of shape probably wasn't the best idea for him either. Sorry if it hurt his feelings, but that's business.

While i don't agree with what the Sabres did, every team would have done the same thing. He couldn't play and it took him off our payroll. Teppo going back to smoking in the summer and coming to camp not in the greatest of shape probably wasn't the best idea for him either. Sorry if it hurt his feelings, but that's business.

Plenty of teams would have done the same thing, but not all of them.

Separately, I don't recall EVER reading that Teppo came to camp out of shape. That sounds like free association with his smoking.

Korab you have been coming accross the interwebs as kinda smarmy lately. Is everything ok? :unsure:

I'm not sure smarmy is the right word. That gets reserved for Steven Segal and Chris Neil.

I hate stale pretzels. and spam.

Save it for Thursday, pal!;)

Separately, I don't recall EVER reading that Teppo came to camp out of shape. That sounds like free association with his smoking.

Wasn't the Teppo smoking thing a joke to begin with?

While I agree the assumption is a loose one I also can't think of one successful world class athlete who smokes and there is a good reason for that. The fact that it screws your lungs up namely.

Archived