Sabres to name Kevyn Adams associate coach

Corp000085

Falls right into GoDD's line of thought that Lindy doesn't want people who question him.

It sounds to me like Adams was doing a pretty good job with some of our younger players. Enough so that he probably earned the job. I hope he's got some fresh ideas for the power play and O zone entries.

Falls right into GoDD's line of thought that Lindy doesn't want people who question him.

It sounds to me like Adams was doing a pretty good job with some of our younger players. Enough so that he probably earned the job. I hope he's got some fresh ideas for the power play and O zone entries.

Also falls right into my thought that I want winners.

I think associate coach instead of assistant coach says something.

Edjumicate me. What is the difference between an associate coach and an assistant coach? Don't they both fetch coffee?

Edjumicate me. What is the difference between an associate coach and an assistant coach? Don't they both fetch coffee?

i have no idea, but it strikes me that it's a distinction with a difference. for example, will an associate coach be behind the bench on game nights? i'm thinking maybe not -- that the 2 assistants will be there, and an associate would be in the press box.

EDIT: my bad. the report clearly states WGR's Paul Hamilton has learned from a source that the Buffalo Sabres will name Kevyn Adams the new assistant coach to Lindy Ruff on Wednesday.

Adams will replace Brian McCutcheon, whom the Sabres released this off-season.

i have no idea, but it strikes me that it's a distinction with a difference. for example, will an associate coach be behind the bench on game nights? i'm thinking maybe not -- that the 2 assistants will be there, and an associate would be in the press box.

There is only one assistant, Patrick and one associate, Adams. McCutcheon is gone.

There is only one assistant, Patrick and one associate, Adams. McCutcheon is gone.

okay. is it the case that the associate coach is "above" the assistant coach in terms of pecking order? mccutcheon was described as the team's "top assistant coach" in the news reports re: being let go. the team's web site hasn't been updated to reflect the hierarchy yet, but i infer the list will go lindy, adams, patrick, et al.

maybe a little weird that adams would leapfrog patrick?

Hope this kid can do something with the PP. I was also hoping they would bring in someone from outside with more coaching experience. Although it is nice to see he won the stanley cup with Carolina which I will say was at the Sabres expense.

Not going to whine about it but I wish they had brought in a strong pp guy.

That wasn't whining was it?

I'm ok with Kevin overall though he will bring something to the team so that is a plus.

Sounds like they actually interviewed quite a few guys for the job:

http://sabres.nhl.co...vid=DL|BUF|home

Ruff may not be done with adding coaches to the Sabres staff. He’d like to fill the development coach void left by Adams, and wouldn’t rule out adding another assistant to the mix.

“I’m still in the process of evaluating. There are teams that have gone to three assistant coaches. I’m going to weigh that still, and see where it all falls out by the time camp starts.”

How many do you need? I guess not behind the bench guys but more niche coaches maybe?

Archived