The Official Beer Appreciation Thread

Weave

Oh man, lucky dog. Thats on my list for sure.

Just found out theres about a 80% chance that I'm going to go to Amsterdam in the fall for work, my first trip off the continent, and my first thought was about the new types of beer I'm going to get to try.

giphy.gif

Oh man, lucky dog. Thats on my list for sure.

Just found out theres about a 80% chance that I'm going to go to Amsterdam in the fall for work, my first trip off the continent, and my first thought was about the new types of beer I'm going to get to try.

Bring We've some beer.

Bring We've some beer.

I'm planning on checking a second bag that just has packing material to bring beer back in.

Actually, what's the rules on that? I probably won't get that threw customs, will I...

Edit: Its fine through customs, worst comes to worse I have to pay a .08/liter tarriff

Edited by sabills

• 2 weeks later...

I drank a beer in the "non swill" category today. Bell's Oberon Ale was on tap at the place we had lunch, so i tried it. Not bad. Not sure it was worth $5.50 (seriously, I get 12 beers for that!), but it wasn't bad. 

Tried out 727 Elmwood (the place where Blue Monk used to be). Meh. Taplist had a lot of local stuff, but wasn't as extensive or diverse, and the atmosphere was just dead. Granted it was a Tuesday night, but I had been at Acropolis across the street just before and that place was hopping. Still new, though. I probably wouldn't go at all if it wasn't so close to me, but I'll give it a try again when it gets more on its feet.

I drank a beer in the "non swill" category today. Bell's Oberon Ale was on tap at the place we had lunch, so i tried it. Not bad. Not sure it was worth $5.50 (seriously, I get 12 beers for that!), but it wasn't bad. 

Not at a bar you don't.  I mean.. slam the price point but I what did a pint of Budweiser cost at the same establishment?

Not at a bar you don't. I mean.. slam the price point but I what did a pint of Budweiser cost at the same establishment?

True story. It was a tongue in cheek poke at the $5.99 that I pay for a 12 pack of Genny Cream. I believe they were $2 domestic bottles.

Edited by ubkev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I grabbed a 6 of Twelve Gates' West Coast IPA (out of Williamsville) last time I was in Buffalo. It's pretty good, if I were local I'd check out their tap-room.

http://12gatesbrewing.com/beer/west-coast-ipa/

Weave and I had beers there last week. I was really impressed. I had a couple of the Pilsener and a milk stout.

How can you drink a stout in this weather? I need light stuff once it hits 80 and humid.

d4rk is right that the low ABV helps. I used to bring Guinness cans to the Great Valley Canoe Regatta partly because it's nice beer and partly because at the time is was the best thing you could get in cans.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.