[OT] Don Edwards

spndnchz

spndnchz pretty much summed that up ... the parole issue aside, how is it that I never heard that story? Very sad.

I was wondering the same thing.

This whole thing is screwed up from the get-go. How does the guy get bail on the original charges, and no prohibitions on firearms? And what is the nonsense from the parole board? Wow.

Good luck, Donny. I hope you get what you're looking for.

spndnchz pretty much summed that up ... the parole issue aside, how is it that I never heard that story? Very sad.

My reaction as well. I'm a news hound. I can't fathom how I never heard this story.

Jeez. Edwards is one of my all time favorite Sabres. What a nightmare to have to endure all that.

Mine too.

Good luck Donny.

As for that CS: how is he even up for parole? He should've either been killed (although I don't think Canada has the death penalty) or spent the rest of his days getting butt-raped by whatever prison group that would've treated him the most sadistically. And that business about the parole board censoring the victim statements if they get too emotional/inflammatory -- what a joke.

The picture of Donnie and his family in that story is so sad because I only remember Don Edwards with a smile on his face ... he looks like a totally different person, and not in a good way.

Did he show up for the alumni day this year?

Did he show up for the alumni day this year?

he was at the foundation luncheon that they had in connection with the red carpet gala. he sat at the table next to ours. i'm not the kind of guy who felt compelled to press the flesh with high-demand guys like #11, #14, #16, and wowie -- but edwards was a guy who i made sure to pay homage to. he was very kind about the exchange.

Archived