[OT] Summer concerts

spndnchz

So with Summer around the corner (as soon as it stops raining) I'm looking forward to seeing some live concerts.

Anyone else got some dates/bands?

What got me thinking was Foo Fighters and Rise Against announced they'll be at HSBC on Sept 25th. I need a good show before that though.

Foo Fighters coming to HSBC? I didn't know. I want in on that one, even if I'd be the only 45 yr old there.

Some concerts that caught my eye;

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - I love their stuff. Great band, great shows. They are indie but very, very talented. Check 'em out on Youtube. The only problem with this one for me is that they are playing the night before we leave for a week in New Orleans. I doubt we'll be able to make that show. And we're a decent drive from Buffalo so that is a really bad night for us.

Ted Nugent - Are you freaking kidding me? A blast from my concert-going past. He's a nut job but damn is that guy an entertainer. I'll do my best to go.

ZZ Top - Tempted. I'm not a fan of their MTV era music, but before music videos ruined everthing they were a badass Texas blues band.

Peter Frampton - Supposedly he is touring and re-playing his entire Frampton Comes Alive set. I'm not much of a Frampton fan but it was such an iconic set of music that I may go.

Yeah, I'm an old man. :rolleyes:

Foo Fighters coming to HSBC? I didn't know. I want in on that one, even if I'd be the only 45 yr old there.

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals - I love their stuff. Great band, great shows. They are indie but very, very talented. Check 'em out on Youtube. The only problem with this one for me is that they are playing the night before we leave for a week in New Orleans. I doubt we'll be able to make that show. And we're a decent drive from Buffalo so that is a really bad night for us.

Ted Nugent - Are you freaking kidding me? A blast from my concert-going past. He's a nut job but damn is that guy an entertainer. I'll do my best to go.

ZZ Top - Tempted. I'm not a fan of their MTV era music, but before music videos ruined everthing they were a badass Texas blues band.

Peter Frampton - Supposedly he is touring and re-playing his entire Frampton Comes Alive set. I'm not much of a Frampton fan but it was such an iconic set of music that I may go.

Nugent...Nice...

I lived in a cool place in Miami where there would be concerts across the street in a big park all the time. My favorite was Molly Hatchett. Not because of the band itself, but they played an hour show, and Flirtin with Disaster was played 4 times. We were crying we were laughing so hard.

I think I was the youngest person at a Simon and Garfunkel concert about a decade ago.

Nugent...Nice...

I lived in a cool place in Miami where there would be concerts across the street in a big park all the time. My favorite was Molly Hatchett. Not because of the band itself, but they played an hour show, and Flirtin with Disaster was played 4 times. We were crying we were laughing so hard.

That is really funny.

When we lived in Tonawanda we were a short walk from what is now Gateway Harbor Park. They started bringing in live bands 2 nights a week to play in the park about.... oh man..... maybe 15 years ago? We saw some pretty cool older bands back then. Jeff Healy, Edgar Winter Group, Blue Oyster Cult were a few of them. BOC can still play. And Edgar Winter Group ruined my ears for almost a week when they played Frankenstein . It was like I was 18 again. :P

I am in a black hole for live music. Not near enough to Buffalo or Rochester to be able to see those free outdoor shows any longer. And I don't do the Darien Lake Amphitheater scene. I don't do crowds well in my old age anymore. Makes me stabby.

So with Summer around the corner (as soon as it stops raining) I'm looking forward to seeing some live concerts.

Anyone else got some dates/bands?

What got me thinking was Foo Fighters and Rise Against announced they'll be at HSBC on Sept 25th. I need a good show before that though.

no effin way?? how much??

Frampton replaying Comes Alive? Count me in if they come through WNY. Love me some Frampton.

I believe I read that The Lowest of The Low and Sloan were going to be playing Thursday at the Square this summer, The Tragically Hip are playing at the harbor too. I'd like to catch all of those shows, but I don't think any coincide with my summer trip up to Buffalo and cult Canadian bands rarely tour the southern US.

Just saw All Time Low/The Summer Set/Yellowcard/Hey Monday at UMBC. It was a pretty good show.

Will probably try to get tickets to see All Time Low/The Starting Line/Mayday Parade in either Jersey or Philly in July.

Hoping to get to Warped Tour in Scranton, too, but not sure about that.

So far going to Motley Crue (I am a child of the '80s). This will be my 8th time seeing them. For whatever reason, it's just a good party atmosphere. For me anyway.

Also, just got tickets for Disturbed/Godsmack @ Darien. Never seen Disturbed. 4th time for Godsmack.

Frampton replaying Comes Alive? Count me in if they come through WNY. Love me some Frampton.

Now I'm looking up tour dates. I know Frampton is now bald, but nothing (except maybe the original SNL cast) says "HS frosh" to me like Frampton Comes Alive!

Well if you don't think the da-berg is too far to travel you can catch

Bullet for my Valentine 5/21 AE Stage

Leroy Powell& the Messengers, Kid Rock , Sheryl Crow 7/6

Motley Crue, Poison, New York Dolls 7/24

U2 7/26 at Heinz Field.

Nugent, Alice Cooper 8/2

White Snake 8/16

Def Leppard & Heart 8/20

Foo Fighters & Rise Against 9/23

Party on Garth.

Archived