Last night, the Buffalo Sabres officially turned the page on Danny Briere

SDS

Given his rough treatment by Myers and company, the Sabres have officially let the issue go and they now see Danny, not as the former captain, but as a rival punk who needs to be pummeled and shut down.

Will the fans follow suit? We can only hope...

The team has definitely moved on. I suspect the fans will when there is an actual no. 1 center patrolling the ice wearing blue and gold.

Although, I gotta say, the animosity being shown Briere on this forum is a kick. Danny ain't welcome 'round here in those colors. I love that the team has made him a target. "bout time we get to hand out what we used to b!tch about.

The team has definitely moved on. I suspect the fans will when there is an actual no. 1 center patrolling the ice wearing blue and gold.

Although, I gotta say, the animosity being shown Briere on this forum is a kick. Danny ain't welcome 'round here in those colors. I love that the team has made him a target. "bout time we get to hand out what we used to b!tch about.

Think about the tremendous symbolism of young, traditional sweater wearing, 6'8" Tyler Myers shoving long-in-the-tooth, 5'6" Danny Briere down to the ice (which was a dive) after the whistle... A still shot of that would be banner worthy.

As far as I'm concerned as soon as you join the Flyers you are dead to me. Loved him when he was here though but it ends there.

It is Briere's dives and backflips I can't get over.

Funny how I could tolerate them better when he was in blue and gold.

I won't boo him for leaving the Sabres, I save that for Booing the guy that let him walk. He should have never had the chance to become a Flyer

but now that he is with the Flyers, sorry Danny, your not going to be treated any differently on the ice by our guys just cause you were here at one time. While wearing those colors, your one of them now.

As for turning the page, how many of the current guys were here and playing while Danny was co-captain? Maybe a half dozen?

Think about the tremendous symbolism of young, traditional sweater wearing, 6'8" Tyler Myers shoving long-in-the-tooth, 5'6" Danny Briere down to the ice (which was a dive) after the whistle... A still shot of that would be banner worthy.

you mean this?

post-760-061469100 1303404094_thumb.jpg

also, this

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk0dabLC4P1qjpyrfo1_400.gif

forgot to give credit where it is due:

http://brieregetspwnd.tumblr.com/

you mean this?

tumblr_ljzi47UB8P1qjpyrfo1_400.jpg

also, this

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk0dabLC4P1qjpyrfo1_400.gif

forgot to give credit where it is due:

http://brieregetspwnd.tumblr.com/

That third one with Gausted is the angle I was looking for with Myers, but I really want more of the face-wash in the shot. I may see if I can use that Gausted one though...

As far as I'm concerned as soon as you join the Flyers you are dead to me. Loved him when he was here though but it ends there.

Honestly, I think the government should get rid of the Constitution. Everything born in philly has a little bit of Satan's Taint. I would also ban all cultural references to Will Smith and the sale of Yuengling.

Seriously. I would rather spend post-game licking the floors of the HSBC Men's Rooms clean. Than spend a minute in that city, which I understand is still having waste disposal issues involving where to bury all of Mark Recchi's Used Diapers.

I won't boo him for leaving the Sabres, I save that for Booing the guy that let him walk. He should have never had the chance to become a Flyer

but now that he is with the Flyers, sorry Danny, your not going to be treated any differently on the ice by our guys just cause you were here at one time. While wearing those colors, your one of them now.

As for turning the page, how many of the current guys were here and playing while Danny was co-captain? Maybe a half dozen?

Without looking it up...Roy, Pominville, Vanek, Connolly Miller, Goose, Grier, maybe Kaleta's rookie year too? That's all I can think of.

Two thoughts on this:

1. For the first time in my life, the Sabres are tougher than the Flyers. Myers looks like he's about to murder someone out there and Weber hasn't missed a chance to hit someone or put a glove in someone's face after the whistle. Gerbe is the smallest guy on the team, maybe the smallest in team history, and he's still putting guys on their ass.

2. The guys treating Briere the worst weren't here when he was here. The guys who played with Briere are still a little too nice for me. Myers was drafted after Briere left. He doesn't give an S that Briere used to be a Sabre. Weber and Butler don't care either. This helps with my theory that the Sabres' turnaround had way more to do with the newest guys than with the holdovers from the 2006 and 2007 teams. Whatever happens, I hope we continue turning the roster over this summer and clearing guys out who were here in 2007.

That backflip was a dive too. Embarrassing.

Briere is incredibly strong on his skates.[\b] That back-flip was European soccer quality.

When he wants to be.

Has anybody else noticed how Briere's situational inability to stay on his skates appears to be contagious?

Roy caught it when Danny was here & now vanRiemsdyke has a bad case of it as well.

When he wants to be.

Has anybody else noticed how Briere's situational inability to stay on his skates appears to be contagious?

Roy caught it when Danny was here & now vanRiemsdyke has a bad case of it as well.

Maybe they all attended "Danny B's School of Diving".

When he wants to be.

That's the one thing I can't get over with this Philly team. Van Riemsdyke flops, Briere flips, Giroux has had a couple nice ones.

They have the best forwards in the league and can't stay on thier skates.

To the Refs credit, they weren't buying it.

Two thoughts on this:

1. For the first time in my life, the Sabres are tougher than the Flyers. Myers looks like he's about to murder someone out there and Weber hasn't missed a chance to hit someone or put a glove in someone's face after the whistle. Gerbe is the smallest guy on the team, maybe the smallest in team history, and he's still putting guys on their ass.

2. The guys treating Briere the worst weren't here when he was here. The guys who played with Briere are still a little too nice for me. Myers was drafted after Briere left. He doesn't give an S that Briere used to be a Sabre. Weber and Butler don't care either. This helps with my theory that the Sabres' turnaround had way more to do with the newest guys than with the holdovers from the 2006 and 2007 teams. Whatever happens, I hope we continue turning the roster over this summer and clearing guys out who were here in 2007.

2: Gaustad wasn't too nice to him in Game 2.

Two thoughts on this:

It's a young defense....but that was the nastiest game Myers has played. It's good to see that Weber, Butler, Myers, have a nasty switch.

Loved how Myers cleared the crease near the end of the game like the Flyers were bowling pins.

It's a young defense....but that was the nastiest game Myers has played. It's good to see that Weber, Butler, Myers, have a nasty switch.

Loved how Myers cleared the crease near the end of the game like the Flyers were bowling pins.

It's still worth pointing out that Myers is 21 and the youngest defenseman on the team. Imagine what he'll be like in a couple years, or a couple years after that. Pegula will have to pay to build a morgue in the HSBC Library.

Archived