GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I really hate these Philly announcers. They made out the fight at the end to be all the sabres fault, here I am thinking why would we be picking the fight after we won the game. turns out it was all philly and these clowns are more biased than Rick and thats saying a lot.

Ending of the game was amazing. Myers ragdolling Richards out of the crease during that scramble was great. Gerbe is really in the head of the Flyers too.

Was defintely my favorite moment too.. Was sure he was going to get a penalty when he decked Briere.

Briere and Richards have rough nights :worthy:

We can't be long for this post-season if Miller has to be perfect for us to win. Not fair to him. We could do some damage if it was Miller and a couple guys who could bury the big goals. But, alas, all we have is MIller.

All we had before was Hasek too. I'm agreeing with you in a weird way.

I'll leave it to the far more knowledgeable and articulate posters to explain it better, but it's clear to me that Philly is far more talented across their roster. But our young kids are growing sac hair as we speak so, win or lose this series, we are gonna be far far better for it in the long run.

They're playin' on Easter folks!

GO SABRES!!!

Series Back ON!!!!!

A win is a win. I heard/saw this game while traveling from Atlanta to Phoenix. Thank goodness there is now WiFi on airplanes.

Miller was absolutely fantastic. It's disappointing that the Sabres can't give Miller more goal support when he stands on his head, but hey, I'll take the win. By the way, Boucher was also fantastic. If Buffalo wins this series it will be because of Miller stealing it. This game and Game 1 are examples of what elite goaltending can do for a team in the playoffs and Miller was elite in both Buffalo wins to this point.

I'm disappointed that Myers did not absolutely kill Richards. He had two opportunities. One with 30 seconds left when the faceoff should have been outside the Sabres zone, but was not, and then at the end of the game. I HATE MIKE RICHARDS! Briere is going to get his a$$ beaten with the punk plays he's making, and so will Timonen.

What a fun game. As I posted in the Game 3 Thread, this win was for two reasons:

1. Good defensive zone play, for the most part. The Briere all alone was not, but aside from that, have to give the D and Miller credit for tonight

2. Scoring first and putting pressure on Philly. Playing with the lead gives the Sabres confidence and they have to play with the lead and not from behind.

Great win, and now I'm looking forward to Friday and Sunday.

We can't be long for this post-season if Miller has to be perfect for us to win. Not fair to him. We could do some damage if it was Miller and a couple guys who could bury the big goals. But, alas, all we have is MIller.

Nothing impossible.

It may have to come from the younger guys who do not have that tentative nature to them like #19.

They will come back with more offense.

I did not like the line combos tonight.

Cant say what Lindy will do on friday.

PLEASE in the name of all that's holy to hockey tell me WHY oh WHY does this team employ this defensive B.S. in the last half of the final period???? WHY????? I've began calling it the LINDY LIMBO!!!!!

I agree. It really is horrific to watch, but, as an earlier post indicated, it usually works.

Truth is, we dominated the first period and could have had more than one there. And the five minute major was worse than watching the Lindy Limbo.

Gotta bury the good chances and we are struggling to do it. We're playing with SO MUCH MORE GRIT than the Sabres teams of the past few years!

Archived