What will Vs. change its name to?

SDS

Might as well cut out the Indoor part and just call it 'PENS'.

As for the announcers, if you're used to MSG VS. is going to seem biased but generally they're not. You really have to watch some games with the *other* team's crew before you understand. Getting to see all the games in HD on CSN here in Philly is nice, but man Steve Coates drives me up the wall at times. I do have to give CSN credit though, they showed a couple shots of the outside and gave Buffalo props for having that many people standing outside in the cold.

• 3 months later...

Weird they are announcing it tomorrow and the change does not take effect until Jan. 2 ... maybe there are legal issues but you'd think they could figure a way to get the new brand in place for the start of hockey season so as not to confuse things further in the middle of the season.

Weird they are announcing it tomorrow and the change does not take effect until Jan. 2 ... maybe there are legal issues but you'd think they could figure a way to get the new brand in place for the start of hockey season so as not to confuse things further in the middle of the season.

Doesn't NBC already own Vs.? If so, I can't think of a legal issue. I can think of several branding issues, but not a legal one. But I haven't spent all day thinking about it, either.

NBC Sports Net... How completely unimaginative...

Unimaginative but SMART for NBC and excellent for the NHL.

Doesn't NBC already own Vs.? If so, I can't think of a legal issue. I can think of several branding issues, but not a legal one. But I haven't spent all day thinking about it, either.

Unimaginative but SMART for NBC and excellent for the NHL.

Actually, Vs. (Comcast) now owns NBC.

I think it's smart for everyone. Fringe viewers might not go looking for Vs. They might go looking for NBC Sports. But I haven't spent all day thinking about it, either. :D

Pabst Blue Ribbon? Your intestines will hate you for that.

Aww PBR ain't that bad. Only problem is the hipsters with their manicures and girls jeans decided that a mans beer was their beer. For shame.

I love Pabst Blue Ribbon also. :beer:

Yeah!

I feel I should note, I was referring to Professional Bull Riding. :D

That's the best NBC could come up with? How unoriginal.... :thumbdown:

You're an original three network. You have very limited NFL, no baseball, no basketball, no World Cup, very little golf. You just lost your key "classy" event, Wimbledon, and you're certain to lose the Olympics.

You want to remain relevant in the American TV sports market, and you want your cable sports channel to appear in more basic packages and fewer "premium tier" packages.

Can you think of a better name for your cable spinoff?

Boring but very, very smart.

Archived