GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

They should just call this one a failed experiment and move Roby & Syly back to the wall so they don't have to worry about the fans behind them.

I'm guessing the broadcast team (be it Sylvester Roby or the camera men) requested the change so they aren't staring at fans during the intermission/post game segments. I imagine that would be pretty distracting. The current set up has them facing just a wall and cameras if I'm not mistaken, and all the fans are too their right.

Ok, Am I wrong when I say I feel Like vanek looked tight tonight? He played great but he didnt look like Vanek when he was skating until the third really? Anyone else think that or am I just seeing things. PS I loved Vaneks game just thought he looked stiff

The Habs - Blackhawks game is really exciting. Lots of end-to-end action and the Montreal crowd, as always, is loud and energetic. 10 minutes left in the 3rd... c'mon Hawks!

I wish this game was on VS instead of the G-Darn Pens and Devils. They need to somehow work flex-scheduling into the new TV contract.

Ok, Am I wrong when I say I feel Like vanek looked tight tonight? He played great but he didnt look like Vanek when he was skating until the third really? Anyone else think that or am I just seeing things. PS I loved Vaneks game just thought he looked stiff

Didn't he mess his leg up a little the other night?

A personal message to Tim Connolly...

Go back and watch your fantastic effort to battle for the puck in the Tampa zone with 30 seconds to go. You son of a bitch if you played hard your entire career combined with the talent you have, we wouldn't be running you out of town. I hate you because of that. FU and the horse you rode in on. Get lost. After the playoffs, I never want to see you in a Buffalo uniform again. MotherF***er! You piss me off to no end.

I feel better now. :)

Great win by the Sabres!!!

Vanek absolutely owns the Lightning. It's not even funny, he just owns these guys. Isn't this like his 3rd or 4th hat trick against the Lightning or something like that? He really gets up to play them, apparently. Great game for Vanek.

What a fun game tonight. Great performance by the whole team and Enroth stepped up again in another huge spot. He's been fantastic and has had tremendous defensive support the entire time. I also like how the Sabres just continue to not miss a beat if and when someone goes down including their All World Goalie. I know the age restriction and stuff are not in place for Enroth meaning he can return to Portland next year, but why bother? Why waste recalls on him next year? Just have him be the backup and play a solid 20-25 games. He's proven he can win at the NHL level and if he's really good, maybe you get some trade value for him.

Mancari's play in the Tampa end with a minute left was awesome. I think I am convinced that he's finally ready to make the jump to the NHL on a full time basis. If the Sabres don't re-sign Grier and Niedermeyer, that opens up a roster spot for Mancari, and I think he's deserved it.

It's really interesting that the Sabres are seeing their big boys score in Vanek and Stafford and getting great contributions from the younger/rookie players on the team like Ennis, Gerbe, Enroth, Gragnani, Weber, Mancari, etc. This team kind of reminds me of the 2005-2006 team with huge contributions from the young guys, the backup goalie winning a bunch of games while Miller is hurt, and the veterans bringing scoring and leadership in Vanek and Stafford. It's fun to watch right now.

A personal message to Tim Connolly...

Go back and watch your fantastic effort to battle for the puck in the Tampa zone with 30 seconds to go. You son of a bitch if you played hard your entire career combined with the talent you have, we wouldn't be running you out of town. I hate you because of that. FU and the horse you rode in on. Get lost. After the playoffs, I never want to see you in a Buffalo uniform again. MotherF***er! You piss me off to no end.

I feel better now. :)

Great win by the Sabres!!!

But he scored a goal. Don't you love him now?

Also scored the only goal the other night for a much needed 2 points

Yes. Was it a plan all along that he pretends to suck then comes back and DOES something? He still can't win a faceoff to save his life.

Archived