GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

PA puts his hearing aid back in.

Tim had two very late shifts. And as soon as that puck squirted away from Mancari, TC shoveled it right back into feet. Nice!

but... but... this is the same Tim Connolly that ALMOST COST US THE GAME when he turned it over because he couldn't control the puck that Myers turned over seconds earlier. what a TERRIBLE TERRIBLE PLAyeRRRR

Gerbe might be the best backchecker in the league. He is legit.

Sekera has been awesome and I believe that his good play has taken the pressure off of Myers who, in turn, has played even batter as well.

I gotta give credit where credit is due. Not only did Lindy put Gragnani on the ice in overtime in, perhaps, the biggest game of the year in Carolina on sunday for the game winner, but he had Mancari on the ice at the end of tonight's game to seal it. Given the fact that both of theses guys together are about 15 minutes removed from the AHL, those two moves are pretty mind-blowing. :thumbsup:

Strike that I do have something to say...I also give credit where credit is do...lets give it up for the refs for calling an extremely fair game tonight...the Butler call was obvious and the only really blown call I thought was that Myers got a penalty and Lecaviler did not...the refs quickly fixed that though...great job from the officiating crew

Gerbe might be the best backchecker in the league. He is legit.

Sekera has been awesome and I believe that his good play has taken the pressure off of Myers who, in turn, has played even batter as well.

I gotta give credit where credit is due. Not only did Lindy put Gragnani on the ice in overtime in, perhaps, the biggest game of the year in Carolina on sunday for the game winner, but he had Mancari on the ice at the end of tonight's game to seal it. Given the fact that both of theses guys together are about 15 minutes removed from the AHL, those two moves are pretty mind-blowing. :thumbsup:

Ruff also matched Boyes-Ennis-Stafford with Lecavlier-Stamkos-St. Louis with about 2 minutes to play.

That's showing a lot of confidence in your players.

:lol: :beer:

Ruff also matched Boyes-Ennis-Stafford with Lecavlier-Stamkos-St. Louis with about 2 minutes to play.

Yep, good point. On a side note, can we please stop the Ruff bashing already? The only disapointing thing right now is he doesn't officially have a contract. I read somewhere we have the best winning % in the league since Jan 1. That's after losing our best player. Guy should be up for coach of the year. Now that we're looking like we'll make it, don't you think the top couple teams are atleast a little nervous to be playing us? Not saying we will win but wow we're playing good right now. :clapping:

Hadn't noticed that. I want to go back and look at it again but it seemed to me like Boyes was on the edge tonight. He either could have scored 3 or given up 4.

This might be a weird question, and completely irrelevant, but what is Ellis' record with the Sabres? It's got to be pretty good.

Hadn't noticed that. I want to go back and look at it again but it seemed to me like Boyes was on the edge tonight. He either could have scored 3 or given up 4.

This might be a weird question, and completely irrelevant, but what is Ellis' record with the Sabres? It's got to be pretty good.

In 12 (this season) games the Sabres are 9-1-2 with Ellis in the lineup... a remarkable number of these games being decided in OT/SO.

I'm not sure about Ellis, but he's is a great player for just moving zones. Defensive zone he'll move it to neutral - neutral zone - he'll move it to offensive.. He's a great call-up to have for mistake free hockey that makes people work their ass off.

I thought Boyes did a great job protecting the puck down low. He had some good looks. The only play I saw that I thought was a complete ###### was Stafford passing up a shot and moving to his backhand. It looked like he had the entire top of the net for 2 seconds. Maybe he couldn't get the handle but that should have been a goal.

If the Canes lose tomorrow , coupled with the Sabres win tonite , we clinch..right?

Yep, even with an ot/so loss. The Canes getting only one point clinches for us, although they'd still be able to catch the rags.

Yep, even with an ot/so loss. The Canes getting only one point clinches for us, although they'd still be able to catch the rags.

I was hoping to clinch Friday with a big win over Philly, on Fan Appreciation Night. But, I wouldn't complain if we are clinched by this time tomorrow! :thumbsup: I feel so relaxed.

Even though they didn't get on the scoreboard, I really think that was the best line tonight in all zones.

Man, finally someone that knows good music. I suggested 'howlin for you' by the black keys a couple of weeks ago. It is what a hockey song should sound like.

Yes Yes Yes Yes!!!!

I heard this song on the radio a month ago and loved it and never got the name. It's been driving nuts ever since.

EDIT: This has to be the goal song.

Archived