Playoff Atmosphere!!

BetterDays06

If the Sabres make the playoffs, what do you think the atmosphere will be like opposed to all the other years??? I think the city will be more pumped up because we were always the team on the outside looking in. To me there is nothing better than playoff hockey. Arriving downtown with thousands of Sabres fans ready to rip the roof off of HSBC :thumbsup: LET's GO BUFFALO!!

If the Sabres make the playoffs, what do you think the atmosphere will be like opposed to all the other years??? I think the city will be more pumped up because we were always the team on the outside looking in. To me there is nothing better than playoff hockey. Arriving downtown with thousands of Sabres fans ready to rip the roof off of HSBC :thumbsup: LET's GO BUFFALO!!

I'd like to agree, but even post Pegula this is still a fan base that gets tight, boos (the team and the refs), and isn't very loud, except when things are going spectacularly. The playoffs usually magnify this.

I miss the way the city was back in the 90's it was full of excitement and the arena got LOUD, I've been to 20 or so games this year and have been let down by the quietness of the arena, even in close games. Im hoping this changes soon. The economy may have not helped things recently but that shouldn't affect passion!!! GO SABRES.....cup in 2011 : )

Last year that building was rocking for the Boston games. Game 2 wasn't too great but no day-game is, even around the league unless it's in Canada because of the amount of kids who attend. The playoffs the building will be rocking. If they advance to second round, the city will be in a major buzz.

Last year that building was rocking for the Boston games. Game 2 wasn't too great but no day-game is, even around the league unless it's in Canada because of the amount of kids who attend. The playoffs the building will be rocking. If they advance to second round, the city will be in a major buzz.

I hope so. But we as Sabre fans have to get over our complex that 1. Something bad is about to happen and 2. The league is out to screw us. That's the culture change Pegula is facing.

I hope so. But we as Sabre fans have to get over our complex that 1. Something bad is about to happen and 2. The league is out to screw us. That's the culture change Pegula is facing.

Sure, but not while the game is being played. The arena was rocking last season against Boston and it was probably more dead there late in the year then it is now. The number of corporate seats at games gets decreased by a lot come playoff time and fans buy the tickets when they go on sale. Sabres have one of the best playoff atmospheres in the NHL, many players have even commented on that. Last year was no exception and Rask (i believe) even commented afterwords about how loud it was in there. Just look at highlights of games 1 or 5.

Sure, but not while the game is being played. The arena was rocking last season against Boston and it was probably more dead there late in the year then it is now. The number of corporate seats at games gets decreased by a lot come playoff time and fans buy the tickets when they go on sale. Sabres have one of the best playoff atmospheres in the NHL, many players have even commented on that. Last year was no exception and Rask (i believe) even commented afterwords about how loud it was in there. Just look at highlights of games 1 or 5.

+1

So in other words he has to buy the entire city and completely turn everything around?

Boston Game 1 as awesome last year. My friends and I were cheering at the top of our lungs and couldn't even hear ourselves.

But I don't think it was as loud as Game 2 vs Philly in 06... but of course, we won 9-2 and Pommer and Dumont both got hatties so... there was a lot to cheer about. Boston we only had Rivet's goal! :lol:

Regular season is different then playoffs though. Much different.

Of course.

I have to laugh. You could come on here and say it's staying light later and you'd get an argument. It's always about semantics.

HSBC Arena is not a loud building. It's been a little louder since Pegula. It gets louder during the playoffs, but so do other buildings.

I don't think there's anything controversial here. I don't base my opinion solely on TV; I listen to what media members and fans in the building also say.

Of course.

I have to laugh. You could come on here and say it's staying light later and you'd get an argument. It's always about semantics.

HSBC Arena is not a loud building. It's been a little louder since Pegula. It gets louder during the playoffs, but so do other buildings.

I don't think there's anything controversial here. I don't base my opinion solely on TV; I listen to what media members and fans in the building also say.

But it's one of the loudest in the playoffs.... per the media and opposing players.

I remember in 06-07 when we were playing the Islanders in game 5 (My first playoff game Ever!), It was so loud in the building, and I was so surprised bc it wasn't anything like the regular season!

I hope that continues, and that even for the end of the regular season the energy in that building will ramp up. I go from an RIT Tigers game where if there's no yelling for 20 - 30 seconds it's a long time, to a Sabres home game, where the only people in my section that were cheering were me, my other RIT friends, and the drunk group two rows up...

Unacceptable!!!

Eleven, you're certainly entitled to reply to my previous post. But let's not argue about this again!

I will agree to shut up about it.

I fully expect the building to be rocking during the playoffs.

Have you ever been to a playoff game at HSBC? I'm not asking to be a d!@#, I'm asking because you really owe it to yourself to go to one if you haven't.

Man, I can't wait and am getting excited just thinking about it.

Nothing against you personally PA, but the irony of you saying this is astounding. You're one of the two biggest contrarians on the board.

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard or read any media reporting about a quiet building during the playoffs.

Last game I went to in Buffalo it was still Marine Midland...havent been to a playoff game but I want to.

One thing I loved about BLO that no other city (I can remember) did/have..is the thousands of fans in the plaza.

CRAZY experience to see

The majority of fans who go to games agree with me. Deal with it.

No, they don't. Bucky does. The only time you ever cite to Bucky is on this issue. On all other issues, he's somehow unreliable.

Eleven, you're certainly entitled to reply to my previous post. But let's not argue about this again!

I will agree to shut up about it.

I fully expect the building to be rocking during the playoffs.

(1) done, (2) I'm done if you are, (3) it WILL be done. hoo-rah, Hoo-Rah, HOO-RAH YEA!!!!!

Archived