Pominville & Broken Sticks

Gramps

I'd say most of the time he's breaking the stick because he blocked a shot.

If that's the case, I would have expected Montador/Leopold to have broken many more sticks considering they've blocked

3x as many shots. For some reason, Pominville seems to break more whether it be the makeup of the stick or some other reason.

Is it just me or does Pominville break more sticks than any other player ? Seems like every game, he either breaks or has broken 2-3 sticks. Definitely puts the team at a disadvantage when on the PK or PP ...

To tell you the truth I don't even notice Pomminstein anymore. That guy HAS to start shooting more. He's got a bullet but he rarely takes the shot when the chance is there.

To tell you the truth I don't even notice Pomminstein anymore. That guy HAS to start shooting more. He's got a bullet but he rarely takes the shot when the chance is there.

Pominville had a horrible start to the season, 16GP 1G 4A. Since then, 47GP 17G 20A. Plus, he's a solid penalty killer. Overpaid...yes. Not noticeable...hardly.

If that's the case, I would have expected Montador/Leopold to have broken many more sticks considering they've blocked

3x as many shots. For some reason, Pominville seems to break more whether it be the makeup of the stick or some other reason.

A defensemen is typically in a much different position when blocking a shot. They tend to be directly in the line of fire. A forward gets caught coming in from an angle a lot more and will have to reach out an arm, a leg, a stick, whatever into a shooting/passing lane directly in front of them.

A defensemen is typically in a much different position when blocking a shot. They tend to be directly in the line of fire. A forward gets caught coming in from an angle a lot more and will have to reach out an arm, a leg, a stick, whatever into a shooting/passing lane directly in front of them.

True - what brand of stick does he use? Some are far more susceptible to breakage than others, at least the ones that are available at retail. Give me a reebok, CCM or warrior stick any day. I wouldn't carry a bauer to the rink - the stress of the car ride might be enough to cause it to break.

True - what brand of stick does he use? Some are far more susceptible to breakage than others, at least the ones that are available at retail. Give me a reebok, CCM or warrior stick any day. I wouldn't carry a bauer to the rink - the stress of the car ride might be enough to cause it to break.

Almost certain Pommers is playing the CCM U+ ... must be made from a balsa wood composite.

Pominville had a horrible start to the season, 16GP 1G 4A. Since then, 47GP 17G 20A. Plus, he's a solid penalty killer. Overpaid...yes. Not noticeable...hardly.

He had a horrible offensive start to the season. Overall, he's been great. That stuff that Connolly is starting to do in his own end or in the neutral zone? Pominville's been there all year and then some. His salary is high, though.

You guys are gonna complain about pominville when there are plenty of other players who are far under performing even him...Neidemeyer has gotten rid hard all season and there is a good reason all of his stats are poor, although he has played better as of late and makes far less, he is still very overrated, personally who is a bigger playoff asset then pominville, hes and iron man a solid shot and most of all he has a knack for scoring big goals...he makes the money for his intangibles and consistent play...guess what if you are not noticing him that also means he is not making mistakes either...id rather watch him play then watch ennis try to cut in the zone and then cough up the puck again... Nuff Said

Typical internet forum argument strategy. If I cant disagree with your logic, I will disagree with your grammar

Wasn't about his post at all - which is why I didn't quote it - just hate the 'nuff said at the end.

When I choose to engage in a forum argument I am anything but typical.

Yo mamma.

Wasn't about his post at all - which is why I didn't quote it - just hate the 'nuff said at the end.

When I choose to engage in a forum argument I am anything but typical.

Yo mamma.

:rolleyes:

So typical.

You guys are gonna complain about pominville when there are plenty of other players who are far under performing even him...Neidemeyer has gotten rid hard all season and there is a good reason all of his stats are poor, although he has played better as of late and makes far less, he is still very overrated, personally who is a bigger playoff asset then pominville, hes and iron man a solid shot and most of all he has a knack for scoring big goals...he makes the money for his intangibles and consistent play...guess what if you are not noticing him that also means he is not making mistakes either...id rather watch him play then watch ennis try to cut in the zone and then cough up the puck again... Nuff Said

Other than one post, this really hasn't been a complain about Pominville thread at all. So I don't think there's much to say in response to this one. I will add two things though.

1. A minor nitpick, but since he did miss some games this year, I can't really call him an iron man anymore. Yeah, it's just one injury, but something about calling a guy who is currently on a 30-40 something consecutive games played streak an iron man just doesn't seem right to me.

2. I have absolutely no problem watching Ennis do the things he does.

Can we add "'nuff said" to the language filter? It's usually uttered by youngsters who can't frame a cogent argument. Makes my hair bristle.

We could go to the much more board appropriate 'Ruff said'. I'd love to see PA's head start spinning if that ever caught on.

Archived