Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

Down 0-2 to one of the best teams in the league and the season is over? Great attitude.

With the way the Devils and Leafs have played lately? It's got nothing to do with attitude, it's got everything to do with reality. How can you watch this team and think about the playoffs?

The sky is falling, the sky is falling

It was falling before Pegs came aboard, but they had a momentary burst of Energy and have now fallen back into the Sabres forwards normal state of playing. The D in my opinion has too much on its shoulders playing both offense and D. The O guys don't get back and sure can't seem to move the puck out of their own zone. They have to rely on the D too much for that. Not sure if it is the system or the talent at Center, but I had too choose... Talent at Center comes to mind. Ther thing that Derek Roy and other good centers do is find a way to skate the puck up ice. Connolly BC (before concussions could). The Sabres need a center or two badly. The D right now is playing that role and getting worn down.

Ok look everyone, we are looking at a "stanley cup contender team" versus a "pray and hope we make the playoffs team" It should come as no surprise given our lack of actually talent that we are being outclassed. I love the Sabres but I don't love this team and I want to make the playoffs but I doubt we do alot of damage. We have no centers at all. We have a group of Rookies basically playing defense, and Miller is playing like a normal gt so pray that July 1 brings actual change because last year we got eliminated in the first round and then we did what to improve the team? NOTHING!

Ok look everyone, we are looking at a "stanley cup contender team" versus a "pray and hope we make the playoffs team" It should come as no surprise given our lack of actually talent that we are being outclassed. I love the Sabres but I don't love this team and I want to make the playoffs but I doubt we do alot of damage. We have no centers at all. We have a group of Rookies basically playing defense, and Miller is playing like a normal gt so pray that July 1 brings actual change because last year we got eliminated in the first round and then we did what to improve the team? NOTHING!

And as one call in to the radio said if this is the 1 against 8 playoff matchup this team is in trouble.

And as one call in to the radio said if this is the 1 against 8 playoff matchup this team is in trouble.

Yup, I am sorry but I would rather finish in 9th and draft about 5 teams higher than play 5 playoff games and get owned by philly. Thats not me being negative thats me being realistic an looking towards the future where we could win a cup.

With the way the Devils and Leafs have played lately? It's got nothing to do with attitude, it's got everything to do with reality. How can you watch this team and think about the playoffs?

Really??? Have you been watching this team? 3 points out with 3 games in hand. Why do so many "fans" turn on the Sabres so quickly? Are your lives that miserable?

Really??? Have you been watching this team? 3 points out with 3 games in hand. Why do so many "fans" turn on the Sabres so quickly? Are your lives that miserable?

Not happening... Have you seen the Devils and Leafs play lately and without Roy or a similarly talented center it ain't happening. Our young D is getting worn out doing both tasks.

Archived