Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Well, we pretty much knew they would either blow Friday or Sunday so if they can win today, they cut it to 6 points with 2 in hand. For the first time this year, I FULLY blame Ruff for Fridays loss as Miller should have never started. Has there ever been a game so obvious to start Lalime or Enroth. If they end up losing today, it could be looked at as a season killer due to the coaching over the weekend. I don't think anyone can argue that if they don't make the playoffs, these 3 Islander games will be the direct result of it.

If you're blaming Miller for either of those two goals, you're sadly mistaken.

Agreed, and to be quite honest -- although I don't necessarily believe it changed the outcome -- I don't really agree with Lindy's decision to pull Miller after just two goals. I guess he was hoping to give the team a spark, unfortunately the only spark to be found was Gerbe, who played well all night but started to find the scoresheet a tad too late.

Well, we pretty much knew they would either blow Friday or Sunday so if they can win today, they cut it to 6 points with 2 in hand. For the first time this year, I FULLY blame Ruff for Fridays loss as Miller should have never started. Has there ever been a game so obvious to start Lalime or Enroth. If they end up losing today, it could be looked at as a season killer due to the coaching over the weekend. I don't think anyone can argue that if they don't make the playoffs, these 3 Islander games will be the direct result of it.

It will be about only one of a hundred reasons. Ranging from another inept off-season to Roy's injury to the disappointing play of the so called veteran leaders.

Hope the Isles don't get the hat trick on us today. What an epic fail against this terrible team.

An epic fail from a slightly less terrible team. With the young talent the isles have, unless the Sabres are overhauled, the NYI will be surpassing the Sabres eventually.

An epic fail from a slightly less terrible team. With the young talent the isles have, unless the Sabres are overhauled, the NYI will be surpassing the Sabres eventually.

What about our young talent? Ennis, Myers, Gerbe, Sekera, Foligno, Kassian, Ethron, Weber, Adam...I actually think the future looks ok

What about our young talent? Ennis, Myers, Gerbe, Sekera, Foligno, Kassian, Ethron, Weber, Adam...I actually think the future looks ok

Tavares, Comeau, Parenteau, Grabner, Neilson, Moulson, Okposo and Neiderreiter (sp?) compare quite favorably. Not to mention they are all forwards, what I would give to have that kind of potential in Buffalo at the forward ranks.

Tavares, Comeau, Parenteau, Grabner, Neilson, Moulson, Okposo and Neiderreiter (sp?) compare quite favorably. Not to mention they are all forwards, what I would give to have that kind of potential in Buffalo at the forward ranks.

All I am saying is that the glass is totally half full here in Buffalo as regards the future, imo

Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the Islanders have been playing a 2-1-2 system from start to finish of every game.

They have two forecheckers down low before you can blink; consequently, our guys have to make a quick first pass.

It is painful to watch our guys over handle the puck in their end.

It seems like Islanders are taking advantage of Buffalos indecisiveness.

With all the speed the Islanders gain through the neutral zone maybe it is time to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Archived