WJC Discussion Thread

Eleven

After that opening Russia vs Canada round I am looking forward to seeing USA vs. Finland action.

We need to open our Gold medal defense with a win like Canada did to keep that momentum building too our match with them.

USA! USA! USA!

Thats funny.

I thought about posting it sounded louder than Sabres games too but then there was that short span in first or second where the announcers said it's dead in here and it was. Thought it was those canadian family hockey appreciating crowds.

It did sound loud when there were scoring chances, big hits and of course the goals. I like the horn going off when Canada scored. There was so much red - awesome to see. Good luck to the US tonight against the Fins!

It did sound loud when there were scoring chances, big hits and of course the goals. I like the horn going off when Canada scored. There was so much red - awesome to see. Good luck to the US tonight against the Fins!

What did they do when Russia scored?

This game did seem really loud watching it on TV. The USA v Finland isnt even close to as loud (10 mins in). The Canada vs Russia was awesome to watch, every shift was action packed and the game had a great flow. Kassian and Foligno looked quicker than I expected.... Lets hope USA can win another Gold!

USA didnt know how to crack the Finn system and had problems with their defense, but, Nick Bjugstad is a heck of a player. And Kyle Palmieri has some wheels and moves. Wish he could have finished off on that play late in the 3rd, would of been a heck of a goal, maybe even a SC top 10...

USA didnt know how to crack the Finn system and had problems with their defense, but, Nick Bjugstad is a heck of a player. And Kyle Palmieri has some wheels and moves. Wish he could have finished off on that play late in the 3rd, would of been a heck of a goal, maybe even a SC top 10...

Yeah, that was a hell of a move. Too bad he missed the shot!

Nice to see Zucker, a Las Vegas native score the 2nd goal. Only kid drafted outta Nevada ever. I live in Vegas, so thought I'd share that. Way to go USA on the OT win!

According to reporters via twitter, USA went onto the ice for warm ups to very loud boooing. Seems like many Canadians are sticking around to root against the USA.

V-M, the behavior of most (not all) Canadians at tonight's game was absolutely disgusting. Not just the "let's go Finland" and "Campbell" chants, but openly challenging to fights, etc. I mean, I have always not only respected, but loved, our neighbors over the border, and I was f*cking appalled at what I saw tonight. Maybe too many Boxing Day beers during the 4pm game; I don't know. But Canadians should be ashamed of the contingent they sent to Buffalo today. They were like a bunch of 23-year-old Bills fans after a day of tailgating.

I'm recording the game at home. I will post an honest comparison of the crowd at the game with the crowd on TV. I suspect that TSN and NHL Network have brought their own sound equipment to the arena, though.

It was a half-filled arena, and it was not loud, and so far--through the first--NHL Network is accurately tracking the crowd.

You canucks, please see my remarks in the USA team thread. Control your countrymen; they were complete assh*les tonight. A complete embarrassment to USA-Canada relations. Just drunk jerks.

V-M, the behavior of most (not all) Canadians at tonight's game was absolutely disgusting. Not just the "let's go Finland" and "Campbell" chants, but openly challenging to fights, etc. I mean, I have always not only respected, but loved, our neighbors over the border, and I was f*cking appalled at what I saw tonight. Maybe too many Boxing Day beers during the 4pm game; I don't know. But Canadians should be ashamed of the contingent they sent to Buffalo today. They were like a bunch of 23-year-old Bills fans after a day of tailgating.

Agreed. I understand the desire to cheer for Finland, no big deal to me. It is when you blatantly disrespect the American flag by destroying it, talk trash during our national anthem, and then try and fight someone for wearing American colors that irritates me. And then to be sore losers on top of it when USA won in OT and turn your talk from America sucks to making fun of people, trash-talking the Sabres, and making fun of the city...it just crosses the line from loving the game and supporting your team to unsportsmanlike.

Agreed. I understand the desire to cheer for Finland, no big deal to me. It is when you blatantly disrespect the American flag by destroying it, talk trash during our national anthem, and then try and fight someone for wearing American colors that irritates me. And then to be sore losers on top of it when USA won in OT and turn your talk from America sucks to making fun of people, trash-talking the Sabres, and making fun of the city...it just crosses the line from loving the game and supporting your team to unsportsmanlike.

An American flag was literally destroyed?

An American flag was literally destroyed?

I didn't see it, but I wouldn't doubt it, given what I did see. Flags were handed out for free at the entrance to the Arena, so they certainly were available to destroy, and cost would not have been a deterrent.

I didn't see it, but I wouldn't doubt it, given what I did see. Flags were handed out for free at the entrance to the Arena, so they certainly were available to destroy, and cost would not have been a deterrent.

I would hope someone doing that would immediately be tossed.

I'm not familiar at all with this tournament. Is it supposed to be a home venue for the Americans? Or basically a neutral site? Handing out American flags doesn't seem quite right to me. Are flags of all participating teams handed out for each game?

Someone said the horn blew for each Canadian goal, but no one answered as to whether it blew for Russia's goals.

I perceive this tournament as Olympic in nature.

I'm not familiar at all with this tournament. Is it supposed to be a home venue for the Americans? Or basically a neutral site? Handing out American flags doesn't seem quite right to me. Are flags of all participating teams handed out for each game?

Someone said the horn blew for each Canadian goal, but no one answered as to whether it blew for Russia's goals.

There was a different "horn" that sounded when Russia scored. Paled in comparison and volume to the normal Sabres horn.

The horn did not sound when Finland scored. There was a siren though, very low. Seems like the horn should go off for every goal.

Archived