WJC Discussion Thread

Eleven

Yeah, what about Tom Golisano, Larry Quinn, Darcy Regier or Lindy Ruff. Tick tick tick ...............Eleven's head explodes :lol:

Seriously! Didn't the Sabres draft Vanek right after he played in Buffalo at the Frozen Four? The Sabres may be poised for a top five pick again this year. Is there a name we should all be listening for? Are all the junior players in this tournament already drafted?

IIRC the kid centering Kassian and Folgno will be in this years' draft but I don't think he'll fall to Buffalo unless they end up down with NYI and Edmonton.

Yeah, what about Tom Golisano, Larry Quinn, Darcy Regier or Lindy Ruff. Tick tick tick ...............Eleven's head explodes :lol:

Seriously! Didn't the Sabres draft Vanek right after he played in Buffalo at the Frozen Four? The Sabres may be poised for a top five pick again this year. Is there a name we should all be listening for? Are all the junior players in this tournament already drafted?

There aren't too many available.

What a reminder of what entertaining hockey looks like. Wow. Great stuff.

Is it me or does Canada's goaltending look a little suspect in this game?

It sure doesn't look like Russia's goaltending. And Russia's forwards sure don't look as good as the Canadian forwards.

What a reminder of what entertaining hockey looks like. Wow. Great stuff.

Is it me or does Canada's goaltending look a little suspect in this game?

Yes sir, QFT.

Although I think it's a bit easier for me anyways to enjoy the hockey when I do not care about the teams per say.

So is the Canada crowd just louder, or did they install some new crowd mics for the WJC? Where's PA when you need him? :doh:

I have to admit at least hearing it on t.v. that I don't remember it being this loud this year. Listen to that crowd on the 6th goal.Tonight when the U.S. plays Finland it'll be easier to judge if the sabres crowds are just bored with the style of hockey at least compared to this style of hockey.

No way that arena has been anywhere near that loud at anytime during a Sabres game this year.

If Canada can make Russia look like a "B" pool team then I don't think USA has the horses to beat them. Hopefully Canada's weaker goaltending can be exploited.

How funny if NJ ended up with him.

lol Yeah. I don't see the Isles losing the 1st pick though. They may be the worst team ever.

Other guys who should be top 10 picks in this tournament...

-Gabriel Landeskog, RW (Sweden) plays in OHL... scouts compare him to a Brandon Morrow.

-Adam Larsson, D (Sweden) plays in Sweden... struggling this year in Sweden elite league, was considered a lock #1 until struggles. Compared to Lidstrom.

-Joel Armia, RW (Finland) plays in Finland... great speed, good size, compared to a Corey Perry. A Euro with great talent who loves to also hit a bit.

-Sven Bartschi, LW (Switzerland) plays in WHL... great hands, great speed, compared to a Phil Kessel. Swiss Nino was picked 5th last yr, and this kid could be a better prospect. This is his first year in Canada after playing pro in Swiss league, and he has 47pt in 36 games!

-Seth Ambroz, RW (USA) Big strong kid, with big scoring ability. As of now, outside of top 10 on most radars but as Evander Kane learned, when he was a end of 1st pick, a big WJC can jump you way up and and he reminds many of a Evander Kane.

No way that arena has been anywhere near that loud at anytime during a Sabres game this year.

If Canada can make Russia look like a "B" pool team then I don't think USA has the horses to beat them. Hopefully Canada's weaker goaltending can be exploited.

From what I've seen the U.S. does have a superior goaltender and they're defending the title on home ice so it should be good if they both go that far.

I have to admit at least hearing it on t.v. that I don't remember it being this loud this year. Listen to that crowd on the 6th goal.Tonight when the U.S. plays Finland it'll be easier to judge if the sabres crowds are just bored with the style of hockey at least compared to this style of hockey.

I'm recording the game at home. I will post an honest comparison of the crowd at the game with the crowd on TV. I suspect that TSN and NHL Network have brought their own sound equipment to the arena, though.

I'm recording the game at home. I will post an honest comparison of the crowd at the game with the crowd on TV. I suspect that TSN and NHL Network have brought their own sound equipment to the arena, though.

Thats funny.

I thought about posting it sounded louder than Sabres games too but then there was that short span in first or second where the announcers said it's dead in here and it was. Thought it was those canadian family hockey appreciating crowds.

Archived