Enroth

spndnchz

38 members have voted

1. 1. Backup or Portland

• Backup
    • Portland
    • Keep all three, Ryan, Patty and Jhonas
    • Pull Enroth up just to play

With Enroth playing so well and Ryan coming back Saturday....

Do you send Enroth back down so he plays more?

Do you send LaLime down, keep him here, or just sit him? he's only making $600,000 not a big hit. But you have to pay Enroth his NHL salary.

If it was me, I'd play Miller, keep LaLime as backup, but pull Enroth up to play his games.

Simply put, if the Sabres are interested in making the playoffs, Enroth backs up Miller. No brainer. The Sabres can't afford to give away points every time Lalime plays. The future is now. Hell, if Lindy wants to reward good play, let Enroth competing for the top spot now. Put a little pressure on Miller.

Simply put, if the Sabres are interested in making the playoffs, Enroth backs up Miller. No brainer. The Sabres can't afford to give away points every time Lalime plays. The future is now. Hell, if Lindy wants to reward good play, let Enroth competing for the top spot now. Put a little pressure on Miller.

I agree with this . Lalime brings nothing to the team anymore but feel good friendship points for Miller which don't count in the standings.

They weren't getting points with Miller in net either, so I'm not so sure what that means for Lalime's playing time. Then again, you basically hinted at that with your last two sentences.

Am I the only one who thinks enroth has looked pretty shaky? I haven't seen an upgrade over anything that Lalime does.

He's a work in progress to be sure. Shaky at times, the numbers are ugly, but he's getting better and more comfortable, as I see it. And he's 2-1-1. Compare to Lalime.

P.S. And it's fun. It's fresh meat. It's not the status quo. What's wrong with that? I am certain Enroth will go back to Portland and we'll go merrily along the way it's always been done. Darcy is Darcy.

He's a work in progress to be sure. Shaky at times, the numbers are ugly, but he's getting better and more comfortable, as I see it. And he's 2-1-1. Compare to Lalime.

P.S. And it's fun. It's fresh meat. It's not the status quo. What's wrong with that? I am certain Enroth will go back to Portland and we'll go merrily along the way it's always been done. Darcy is Darcy.

This whole goalie thing isn't the issue at all. Enroth's win-loss may be better, but statistically, he's worse than Lalime. The only reason he has the better record is that the team has scored more in front of him. I have a hard time blaming that on Lalime.

And as for it being new meat, yeah, it's new meat once every 10 or so games once Miller is back. That's not the shake up this team needs.

the team in front of Enroth plays just as badly as when Lalime is back there. Enroth does seem to handle himself better in the crowd, unlike Lalime who tends to flap around all over the place.

Enroth's mechanics and positioning on shots will get better the more NHL-level experience he gets.

Lalime is where he is and is not about to get any better.

If they keep Enroth up, then he needs to at least start one game in each of the back-to-backs. That would at least five starts in the next 20 games and I might give him one during the week that we don't have a back-to-back. After the new year, the back-to-backs thin out a bit. If he's playing well, then keep him up and give him one start per week, anyway. If not, back to Portland he goes. Of course, roster limitation when everyone is healthy may necessitate someone going down. Could be Enroth, Lalime (assuming he clears waivers) or even Gerbe.

This whole goalie thing isn't the issue at all. Enroth's win-loss may be better, but statistically, he's worse than Lalime. The only reason he has the better record is that the team has scored more in front of him. I have a hard time blaming that on Lalime.

And as for it being new meat, yeah, it's new meat once every 10 or so games once Miller is back. That's not the shake up this team needs.

I wasn't suggesting Enroth is the answer to everything that ails the Sabres. Just that Lindy should do whatever gives his team the best shot at points.

If the Sabres play better in front of Enroth than in front of Lalime, what does that tell you? Some guys just win, despite the stats. They said that about Miller early in his career.

If they keep Enroth up, then he needs to at least start one game in each of the back-to-backs. That would at least five starts in the next 20 games and I might give him one during the week that we don't have a back-to-back. After the new year, the back-to-backs thin out a bit. If he's playing well, then keep him up and give him one start per week, anyway.

It's fun proposing things that aren't going to happen, isn't it?

By season's end, Miller is going to look like that legless zombie in the first episode of The Walking Dead.

I wasn't suggesting Enroth is the answer to everything that ails the Sabres. Just that Lindy should do whatever gives his team the best shot at points.

If the Sabres play better in front of Enroth than in front of Lalime, what does that tell you? Some guys just win, despite the stats. They said that about Miller early in his career.

I agree on most of this. Enroth is improving, he's better than Lalime is right now and the team plays better in front of Enroth (just like teams used to do for Dom) -- probably because they have more confidence in him.

It's fair to note, though, that team defense has improved over the last few games. The new defensemen seem to be getting acclimated (Leopold certainly more than Morrisonn), and Myers-Sekera seems to be working pretty well.

I also think that in light of the Sabres' fairly dire situation, it's reasonably possible that Enroth stays up. They need every last GD point they can get.

Maybe the Sabres have played better in front of Enroth because those games came againts the Rangers, Devils, and Leafs, while Lalime's were against Montreal, Dallas, and Chicago. I'll throw that Boston game away immediately (where they both played) because that was one sick joke. You're so quick to jump to Kovalchuk's aid with the "it's still early" defense, yet you're pushing Enroth after only 4 games (he's 2-2, by the way, with 2 fake wins). Why is that?

Maybe the Sabres have played better in front of Enroth because those games came againts the Rangers, Devils, and Leafs, while Lalime's were against Montreal, Dallas, and Chicago. I'll throw that Boston game away immediately (where they both played) because that was one sick joke. You're so quick to jump to Kovalchuk's aid with the "it's still early" defense, yet you're pushing Enroth after only 4 games (he's 2-2, by the way, with 2 fake wins). Why is that?

Kovalchuk is a known commodity as an elite offensive talent, so it's too early to say he's going to be a bust in New Jersey.

LalIme is a known commodity as a mediocre backup in Buffalo, so it's not too early to say he's going to put up similar numbers the rest of the season.

It's also not too early to say the Sabres' playoff hopes are in serious jeopardy.

I'm pushing Enroth because it's worth a shot to find out if he can play 12 more games and go 6-3-3, instead of Lalime's 3-8-1 or something. I also like the idea of lighting a fire under Miller by taking away his teddy bear.

Kovalchuk is a known commodity as an elite offensive talent, so it's too early to say he's going to be a bust in New Jersey.

LalIme is a known commodity as a mediocre backup in Buffalo, so it's not too early to say he's going to put up similar numbers the rest of the season.

It's also not too early to say the Sabres' playoff hopes are in serious jeopardy.

I'm pushing Enroth because it's worth a shot to find out if he can play 12 more games and go 6-3-3, instead of Lalime's 3-8-1 or something. I also like the idea of lighting a fire under Miller by taking away his teddy bear.

It couldn't hurt (ok, it could), but this is such a minor fix. If things are going to be shaken up a bit, it needs to be someone playing every single night.

Archived