Worse than I imagined!

Hawerchuk

Terrible defense, way too many penalties, awful PK, lack of a superstar player to put the gdamn puck in the net. I really was fooled by this team after the summers additions/subtractions. I can't believe the outcomes so far~ What the hell is going on with this team? :angry:

I had high hopes for Morrison, Myers and Leo but so far its downright lousy.

Help us Hockey Gods!!

Terrible defense, way too many penalties, awful PK, lack of a superstar player to put the gdamn puck in the net. I really was fooled by this team after the summers additions/subtractions. I can't believe the outcomes so far~ What the hell is going on with this team? :angry:

Help us Hockey Gods!!

When I was younger we used to say Dale Shower######. I thought it was good.

But I am with you. Everthing you have said is true. This is pathetic and if you look back It's amazing it has taken this long to expose us as a fraud. Last year I kept saying as long as we had Miller we had a chance. Seems like this year he is one of us and is simply saying what the ######? And then as usual when the excuse parade comes out and says we really want to do better and will try, sob, sob and then sign Nieds I should not have renewed right then.

I don't know who to be more pissed off at right now. Myself, the Bills or the Sabres since I have season tix for both. Fool me once well, fool me 7 times I guess it's on me now.

Division champs to chumps. It aint supposed to happen this way. Thanks Larry.

Help us Hockey Gods!!

Fixed.

It's worse than I imagined as well,.. but not that much. I still get a chuckle when I think of all the Ennis hype this summer.

Fixed.

It's worse than I imagined as well,.. but not that much. I still get a chuckle when I think of all the Ennis hype this summer.

It's too bad the organization had to hype Ennis to try and cover its tracks on the Kennedy situation.

It's too bad the organization had to hype Ennis to try and cover its tracks on the Kennedy situation.

It wasn't just the organization. There were plenty on this board that were fine with the lack of moves and the release of Kennedy. They probably still are, or at least can find some misguided way to justify it.

It wasn't just the organization. There were plenty on this board that were fine with the lack of moves and the release of Kennedy. They probably still are, or at least can find some misguided way to justify it.

Is the implication this team is missing Kennedy? :unsure:

They can always blame Ruff. The problem lies with Regier. But there were plenty this summer who thought this team had actually made improvements and would be better.

Agreed. The message has been sent. There is no repercussion for playing poorly other than sitting a game or two. You're on the team until your contract runs out, no matter how poorly you play. Regier's fault, not Ruff. Ruff will likely take the axe for it though.

That was one of them, anyway. Hard to argue the opposite.

Why? You weren't one of the "We don't need to get a real star this summer, we have Ennis." crew were you?

Not really. Although anyone arguing that losing a smallish, 3rd line center was the downfall of this team should be wearing a helmet.

Losing him isn't the entire reason for the downfall and you know that's not what I was saying. But that was one of many moves (or non-moves) that were argued to be bettering the team that many of us knew weren't bettering the team but were told to be quiet because we were so negative.

Maybe when a new coach comes in and gets more out of these guys we'll be vindicated for that as well. Guess I'll have to wait another 7 years for that one though.

This sucks.

That's funny....since you pretty much described Briere as much in another thread.

Yeah but Briere has more than enough talent to be on the first two lines. Just lucky for Philly their deep enough to stick him on the third line where he can really uncork it.

Absolutely not. I'm pretty sure Kennedy wouldn't have made a difference here if he were still a Sabre.

I'm just appalled with the entire teams effort and lack of finish. Its astonishing how low this team has sunk in a short time. Yeah, its early, but squandered points in October always bite this team in the ass come April/May. Really disappointing!

I was lamenting this team's lack of action this summer on this site. I criticized Leopold and Morrisonn as being adequate substitutes for Tallinder & Lydman. I questioned the reason for signing Niedermayer, to me he brought nothing we needed. And finally I criticized the Kennedy fiasco.

On all counts there were several who opposed my opinions...our defense wasn't weakened...Niedermayer will bring Stanley Cup experience to the club...we never really needed Kennedy.

Well I think the Emperor's new clothes are visible to everyone. Last year's loss to the Bruins wasn't some fluke and Miller is NOT a savior who can compensate for this team's weaknesses. What was a fluke perhaps, was our winning the division. Don't worry - that won't happen this year.

In fact I even suggested trading Miller for Pavelski and Boyle - two players who could bring a lot to our team, while signing Turco as an ersatz goalie until our AHL counterpart was ready. I was almost tarred and feathered for that one.

I'm not trying to say "I told you so", but on the other hand I'm not at all surprised by the result so far.

Not really. Although anyone arguing that losing a smallish, 3rd line center was the downfall of this team should be wearing a helmet.

You've set up a nice straw man there.

I never made Kennedy out to be the cornerstone of this team or a superstar in the making -- maybe not even a very good NHL player. What he was, was a very good young prospect the Sabres had invested time and money in, and he finally appeared to be reaching the point where we could find out what he was going to be. I will call a liar to his or her face any poster who comes out and says he or she didn't think, after last season, that Kennedy had a place on this roster.

I suspect -- but none of us knows for sure -- the whole situation played poorly in the lockerroom. It was one more piece of evidence that the ownership of this team is not really interested in winning a championship. The players surely saw the move for exactly what it was.

P.S. I do believe the Sabres would be a better team with Kennedy on it now. Do you really think Kennedy would be as disinterested as some of the guys on this team?

It's not about the player it's about how it was handled. The Sabres came off looking really small time.

I never made Kennedy out to be the cornerstone of this team or a superstar in the making -- maybe not even a very good NHL player. What he was, was a very good young prospect the Sabres had invested time and money in, and he finally appeared to be reaching the point where we could find out what he was going to be. I will call a liar to his or her face any poster who comes out and says he or she didn't think, after last season, that Kennedy had a place on this roster.

I suspect -- but none of us knows for sure -- the whole situation played poorly in the lockerroom. It was one more piece of evidence that the ownership of this team is not really interested in winning a championship. The players surely saw the move for exactly what it was.

P.S. I do believe the Sabres would be a better team with Kennedy on it now. Do you really think Kennedy would be as disinterested as some of the guys on this team?

Yes the little I posted over the summer was a result of when they flamed out against boston and promised to make changes and then none really occurred and the Kennedy sentiment above. I agreed then and still do now. Makes them look like a petty organization. Could have had Tallinder if they offered one more year as well although that will sound like hindsight wisdom.

I just wish I was a stronger man and truer to my word like Labatt who really stuck to his guns not bothering to watch and/or post about this mess DR has created when they didn't do the shakeup they said they saw was needed.

i dont know why you always bring up kennedy. He isnt even in the league anymore. He has played ZERO nhl games this year. Apparently no one else thinks he has a roster spot. Darcy didnt want to play a player like that $1 million bucks. get over it.

Room had to be made for Ennis who has shown far more promise in a handful of games than kennedy did at any point.

Kennedy has nothing to do with where the sabres are at right now.

i dont know why you always bring up kennedy. He isnt even in the league anymore. He has played ZERO nhl games this year. Apparently no one else thinks he has a roster spot. Darcy didnt want to play a player like that $1 million bucks. get over it.

Room had to be made for Ennis who has shown far more promise in a handful of games than kennedy did at any point.

Kennedy has nothing to do with where the sabres are at right now.

I didn't bring him up.

Here's a real easy way to look at it. Please be honest. Tim Kennedy or Rob Niedermayer?

I didn't bring him up.

Here's a real easy way to look at it. Please be honest. Tim Kennedy or Rob Niedermayer?

Here's another way to look at it (using their own argument against them), we won the Division last year with him on the team. How bad could he be?

Ennis or kennedy is the real comparison.

we did win the division last year but we also got smoked in the first round with him on the roster. Isnt the symbolic play of last season Kennedy getting smoked off the puck by recchi and giving up a goal?

i dont think hes a terrible player, but if you want to talk honesty ..... the guy isnt even in the NHL anymore so can u really argue he was that integral??

Archived