Worse than I imagined!

Hawerchuk

Ennis or kennedy is the real comparison.

we did win the division last year but we also got smoked in the first round with him on the roster. Isnt the symbolic play of last season Kennedy getting smoked off the puck by recchi and giving up a goal?

i dont think hes a terrible player, but if you want to talk honesty ..... the guy isnt even in the NHL anymore so can u really argue he was that integral??

For the record, we got smoked with Ennis on the roster as well.

Oh you're witty.

I still find it disgusting that this is even a topic. I shall further refer to him as CHA to avoid saying his name.

I didn't start this thread to talk about TK.

The team on the ice has no heart or finish so far thru Oct.

I will call a liar to his or her face any poster who comes out and says he or she didn't think, after last season, that Kennedy had a place on this roster.

I suspect -- but none of us knows for sure -- the whole situation played poorly in the lockerroom. It was one more piece of evidence that the ownership of this team is not really interested in winning a championship. The players surely saw the move for exactly what it was.

P.S. I do believe the Sabres would be a better team with Kennedy on it now. Do you really think Kennedy would be as disinterested as some of the guys on this team?

How will you do this to a poster's face? Will you meet them at the kwik-e-mart...oh, never mind.

As for the rest of this, I wouldn't be surprised if it did play poorly in the locker room, but I also think these guys know that the business can be tough at times. I expect the group was more distressed by the lack of action by DR to bring in a good forward, even though plenty of them changed hands this summer, and a number of their conference rivals snagged one.

Kennedy vs. Niedermayer is a fair question. I'd probably rather have Kennedy at this point, but it's still early.

The team on the ice has no heart or finish so far thru Oct.

+1. The lack of heart is the most distressing thing to me. They just don't have it in them to overcome the sub-par play of Miller and Myers. They get discouraged and they act like they know they're going to lose.

What does Rob Niedermayer have to do with "size and strength?"

6 ft 2, 204.

5 ft 9, 173.

Now, from those numbers, we can't tell strength. But we can tell size. (And I'll bet on strength, even given the age diff.)

People wanted size and strength. And now the same people want Kennedy instead of Rob Niedermayer.

FFS. Be consistent.

Give us some empathy, Justice SotomaYOR. We're hurting. We're not quite to the edge of the cliff, but we're getting closer and it looks deep and dark down there and nobody knows whether we're gonna get to the other side.

The "fire Lindy" group knows deep down that a new coach isn't going to come in and turn chicken s--- into chicken salad. The "fire Darcy" group knows deep down that a new GM isn't going to get here until next summer at the earliest and even then, how effective can he be with Quinn as a boss? And what if Myers and Miller don't pull out of their funks?

Does anyone think the Sabres are going to win their next game?

6 ft 2, 204.

5 ft 9, 173.

Now, from those numbers, we can't tell strength. But we can tell size. (And I'll bet on strength, even given the age diff.)

Gaustad is like 6'5" and plays like he is 5' 6". You simply can't judge by the tale of the tape.

People weren't clamoring for "size and strength" they were demanding size, toughness and grit. We all know the difference. Hell, Mike Wilson and Adam Creighton had size. More importantly posters were demanding that the size and toughness be added to what is referred to as their "top six." Not another fourth liner.

Give us some empathy, Justice SotomaYOR. We're hurting. We're not quite to the edge of the cliff, but we're getting closer and it looks deep and dark down there and nobody knows whether we're gonna get to the other side.

The "fire Lindy" group knows deep down that a new coach isn't going to come in and turn chicken s--- into chicken salad. The "fire Darcy" group knows deep down that a new GM isn't going to get here until next summer at the earliest and even then, how effective can he be with Quinn as a boss? And what if Myers and Miller don't pull out of their funks?

I think Boston will crush the Sabs.

And I'm not in the "fire Ruff" or "fire Regier" crowds, but I am in the "you can't fire Quinn, but you can remove him from decision-making" crowd.

A coaching change may make the locker room feel a little less safe and content.

Their next game? Against a Bruins team off to a nice start with a hot goalie? I'm not sure they can even get a single point against the Bruins and Habs. That is followed by a Games in Toronto. I would not be surprised if their next point didn't come until the Devils game on the 10th.

Gaustad is like 6'5" and plays like he is 5' 6". You simply can't judge by the tale of the tape.

People weren't clamoring for "size and strength" they were demanding size, toughness and grit. We all know the difference. Hell, Mike Wilson and Adam Creighton had size. More importantly posters were demanding that the size and toughness be added to what is referred to as their "top six." Not another fourth liner.

(1) Agreed on Gaustad.

(2) Do you really think that Kennedy has the toughness and grit, more than Nieds, to make this team a winner? Come on. I know you're stubborn, but come on.

(3) We all want a giant second-line center, and the second coming of Perreault/Lafontaine/whomever as a first-liner. It isn't happening. Want to know why? There are about three guys in the LEAGUE that fit that (EDIT: first-line) description. The team was better when it rolled four, and you can't keep that going forever, unless you have Detroit's scouts. We don't. We have some videographer or something.

(1) Agreed on Gaustad.

(2) Do you really think that Kennedy has the toughness and grit, more than Nieds, to make this team a winner? Come on. I know you're stubborn, but come on.

(3) We all want a giant second-line center, and the second coming of Perreault/Lafontaine/whomever as a first-liner. It isn't happening. Want to know why? There are about three guys in the LEAGUE that fit that (EDIT: first-line) description. The team was better when it rolled four, and you can't keep that going forever, unless you have Detroit's scouts. We don't. We have some videographer or something.

I don't want my position to misinterpreted. I'm not pro-Kennedy. I'm anti how it was handled.

I'm not going to be unfair to "Neids." It has nothing to do with him. My anger is at all the players that wee available that are not wearing a Sabres uniform. There is no reasons Nathan Horton or Anton Volchenkov are not Buffalo Sabres. At least no intelligent hockey reasons.

I don't want my position to misinterpreted. I'm not pro-Kennedy. I'm anti how it was handled.

I'm not going to be unfair to "Neids." It has nothing to do with him. My anger is at all the players that wee available that are not wearing a Sabres uniform. There is no reasons Nathan Horton or Anton Volchenkov are not Buffalo Sabres. At least no intelligent hockey reasons.

Fair enough. I'm not loving the way the Kennedy situation was handled; maybe they should have walked away right after arb. But I'm good with the result.

I wouldn't mind Volchenkov or Horton. For what Boston traded, Horton should be here. Agreed. But LQ. Since 2003, LQ.

I pray to God that Regier can be let go before next summer and that the new G.M. that comes in has the balls to tell Quinn that he will not be interfered with on hockey related decisions ( as it should be ) . I also think that the Kassian signing today conveniently takes the heat off Regier temporarily ( by design ) and that it also puts the heat on some of the deadweight currently on this roster. Who would want someone as hungry as Kassian breathing down their necks? The kids on fire. I also don't think they win against Boston and wouldn't be surprised if Lindy ( as much as I like him ) gets canned before he gets his thousandth game.

I'm not sure the relevant comparison is Kennedy versus Niedermayer. You could make a pretty good argument that Niedermayer replaced Mair on the 4th line and that Gerbe replaced Kennedy on the 3rd line. Last year Gerbe wasn't good enough to beat out Kennedy for that roster spot. Niedermayer is smaller, older, and less physical than Mair and of course, Gerbe is smaller than Kennedy. I think on both accounts we may have been better off with what we had last year. Not to mention dropping our #2 and #3 defensemen certainly hasn't worked out very well thus far. In short, Darcy's moves (or lack thereof) have no doubt left the team worse off. But "we have a very good group of guys here." :D

We're currently in the bottom third in the league in offense, defense, PK, and power play... it's going to take a lot of alcohol to get through the winter!

I wouldn't mind Volchenkov or Horton. For what Boston traded, Horton should be here. Agreed. But LQ. Since 2003, LQ.

Horton is the one that is bothering me the most right now. Volchenkov has been hurt (and plays the kind of game that results in injuries), and even if healthy is overpaid. I also think Morrisson and Leopold will prove to be good pickups. But the Sabres were dying for some new blood in the top 6, and good forwards were available last summer. They should've made GD sure they got Horton or someone comparable.

Archived