Game Discussion Thread

deluca67

The possible good news is that if this goes on for much longer changes will be made. They can't put up with this $#^#%$# for an entire season, can they?

14 games.

That's the longest losing streak I can remember the team going through, with absolutely no changes made.

We're nowhwere close to that yet, and I imagine I would take at least 20-25 losses straight for Darcy to bring back Bob Corkum.

The possible good news is that if this goes on for much longer changes will be made. They can't put up with this $#^#%$# for an entire season, can they?

This is really why I'm so comfortable with the situation. It's just like the Bills. As long as they keep being terrible then maybe something will actually change to the point where they might still be bad, but at least they'll be entertainingly bad.

I also want to say that I'm tired of people subtly supporting this "oh they're just towing the company line" thing. I don't think there is any excuse for someone to do that. When your team is bad you admit it and you make an effort to fix it. Denial is no way to gain anyone's trust whether it be the fans, owners, players, or the front offices of other teams. I think if I was looking to trade with Buffalo, I'd certainly want to speak with someone who was willing to say things like they are instead of feign ignorance. Company line my a**. They're just liars.

I see a lot of posters saying this team has quit on Ruff, but to me it's come becoming apparent that Ruff's probably quit on Regier as well.

Who knows, maybe Regier quit on Quinn years ago, hence the lack of moves to improve the team, and moronic contracts to average players?

At any rate, I think the identity that this team is so desperately searching for is already firmly in place - Quitters. Top to bottom.

The problem is that changes are never made, what's LINDY gonna do, bench ENNIS ? This is a team that can not even make the playoffs 3 years in a row, I think that changes have to be behind the bench. LINDY couldn't look less interested than he has recently behind the bench.

I see a lot of posters saying this team has quit on Ruff, but to me it's come becoming apparent that Ruff's probably quit on Regier as well.

Who knows, maybe Regier quit on Quinn years ago, hence the lack of moves to improve the team, and moronic contracts to average players?

At any rate, I think the identity that this team is so desperately searching for is already firmly in place - Quitters. Top to bottom.

And when was the last time Regier brought in anyone of substance? Drury, 2003. I think Regier thought that was good enough to define his career and he hasn't done anything since.

Wasn't Drury Golisano's big splash?

Golisano was announced as the new owner on March 19, 2003 and Drury was traded to Buffalo that offseason a few months later on July 3, 2003. Quinn was there with Golisano from the beginning of course but I have no idea if they had any specific input on the Drury trade aside from approving it.

Golisano was announced as the new owner on March 19, 2003 and Drury was traded to Buffalo that offseason a few months later on July 3, 2003. Quinn was there with Golisano from the beginning of course but I have no idea if they had any specific input on the Drury trade aside from approving it.

I'm not sure LQ was there at the beginning. Wasn't he a replacement for another investor?

Anyway, Darcy unfettered is better than Darcy with LQ; that's the point. FIre him, fire Ruff, fire the Zamboni driver. No real change until LQ is out of the decision-making picture.

I'm not sure LQ was there at the beginning. Wasn't he a replacement for another investor?

Anyway, Darcy unfettered is better than Darcy with LQ; that's the point. FIre him, fire Ruff, fire the Zamboni driver. No real change until LQ is out of the decision-making picture.

Last year's media guide said LQ was entering his seventh year as managing partner.