[OT] Arena Vendor Health Inspection Reports and Rezlimey's Name Change

Eleven

Saw this on Outside The Lines yesterday. Some pretty gross stuff, but you'd be a fool to think otherwise I guess.

There was one "recollection" of a guy who cut his finger real bad over some soup, and figured it would be ok to just scoop the blood off the top, leaving the rest to be served. Yum.

That's why I try and stick to the beer and maybe some popcorn/nachos. Anything cooked and you're gambling.

I think Long Islanders and folks in Chicago know how to bribe health officials. Or is it that health officials in those areas are prone to bribes?

Well, at least with respect to Chicago, the methodology was flawed: all inspections were conducted while the stadiums were closed, when there were no workers present, much less preparing food.

I'm not sure the same disgusting results wouldn't be found in most mall food courts or fairgrounds or streetvendors or fast food restaraunts or dare I say it,sports bars that serve food. Statistics show that about 60% of people don't even wash their hands after using the bathroom and that includes the food workers.

Nassau Coliseum got perfect marks.

Nassau Coliseum is also not inside NYC jurisdiction. Not sure if Nassau County has uber-stringent regulations or not, but it sure is interesting that they received perfect marks over their counterparts some 40-50 miles away.

The one thing that has crossed my mind is this: just how safe is our food in someone else's hands? It doesn't matter if it's being served at an arena or in a restaurant, because there are some sit-down restaurants that barely get by in their food safety inspections. Not to mention how many times the back door where deliveries are made are opened and closed dozens of times a day, making it the perfect opportunity for vermin and other critters to get inside. Just ask Remy from Ratatouille.

I'm not sure the same disgusting results wouldn't be found in most mall food courts or fairgrounds or streetvendors or fast food restaraunts or dare I say it,sports bars that serve food. Statistics show that about 60% of people don't even wash their hands after using the bathroom and that includes the food workers.

This is so appropriate to the situation at hand: http://www.ajokes.com/jokes/4370.html

The one thing that has crossed my mind is this: just how safe is our food in someone else's hands? It doesn't matter if it's being served at an arena or in a restaurant, because there are some sit-down restaurants that barely get by in their food safety inspections.

And yet, people are not dying or even getting sick on any sort of widespread basis. My philosophy is to just let it go and whatever doesn't kill me makes my immune system stronger. It's a lot easier that way.

And yet, people are not dying or even getting sick on any sort of widespread basis. My philosophy is to just let it go and whatever doesn't kill me makes my immune system stronger. It's a lot easier that way.

You would probably be doing this guy proud, but that's getting off-topic and I'll let it go at that.

I don't buy stadium food.

Same here. There are enough options near the arena; I eat beforehand and maybe after. Same with Bills games (when I actually go); my friends' grills are usually a ###### of a lot better than whatever is served inside. Actually, I don't think I ever have eaten inside The Ralph. Don't think I ever will, not that the name of the stadium has anything to do with it.

Same here. There are enough options near the arena; I eat beforehand and maybe after. Same with Bills games (when I actually go); my friends' grills are usually a ###### of a lot better than whatever is served inside. Actually, I don't think I ever have eaten inside The Ralph. Don't think I ever will, not that the name of the stadium has anything to do with it.

geez, SDS, does h e l l really have to be a banned word? I know I've asked about that one before, but I mean, it's a little on the Leave It to Beaver side of things, dontcha think?

geez, SDS, does h e l l really have to be a banned word? I know I've asked about that one before, but I mean, it's a little on the Leave It to Beaver side of things, dontcha think?

Agreed (and that's coming from someone who was ordered point-blank by the HMFIC to take down a Confederate Battle Flag as an avatar).

Punch's literary agent can't be happy, either.

fixed... sorry about that.

I'm a sucker for those big ###### soft pretzels. Otherwise, I try to eat a big meal beforehand; usually a big thing of wings and some beers.

I don't hav time living an hour away. I don't care how ###### the food is, or how unhygenic the prep area is, I can usually find something tastey enough to throw down my throat.

Archived