[OT] Arena Vendor Health Inspection Reports and Rezlimey's Name Change

Eleven

Did you change your name as well?

Briefly. I used Big Bobby Clobber for a while, then I went back to Crosschecking, and now it's rezlimey. That last one has actually stuck with me since my days at RIT.

I don't have time living an hour away. I don't care how ###### the food is, or how unhygienic the prep area is, I can usually find something tasty enough to throw down my throat.

I have the same hour drive and sometimes we just eat at the stadium, too. However, since most of us have unusual schedules (police, fire, academic), we can often head up early for mid-week games. We usually go to Pearl Street (50 pack of wings and one of those tall beer tubes), but we've tried a few other places recently.

I have the same hour drive and sometimes we just eat at the stadium, too. However, since most of us have unusual schedules (police, fire, academic), we can often head up early for mid-week games. We usually go to Pearl Street (50 pack of wings and one of those tall beer tubes), but we've tried a few other places recently.

On the occasion I have the time, weekends and such, I always hit up Pearl St. Great beer, good wings, and a little scenery.

I don't hav time living an hour away. I don't care how ###### the food is, or how unhygenic the prep area is, I can usually find something tastey enough to throw down my throat.

If Teds had a shop in the HSBC I'd get me a Dog and Loganberry.

If Teds had a shop in the HSBC I'd get me a Dog and Loganberry.

No kidding. Even if it weren't under the Ted's brand (I don't think they sell out like Just Pizza did, and the kiosks labeled as such are NOT selling pizzas from that company), could we at least get some grilled Sahlen's? Could we at least get loganberry? This is Buffalo, FFS!

The name or the cup.

The name was something that I got when a close friend of mine called me up one morning back around '95. I answered, and he said, "Good morning, you resident limey." So, the shortened form, which you see now, is what I've known all this time. I'm not from the UK, but that's my extraction.

Useless trivia it is, but it may have explained things behind the username. In hindsight, I wish I'd used it all this time.

What's with all the bizarre name changing?

There are posters that make a jackass out of themselves on an hourly basis yet keep their readily identifiable handles.

I wasn't comfortable with Crosschecking anymore. It really wasn't me. Please don't ask me to explain it. It's complicated.

I wasn't comfortable with Crosschecking anymore. It really wasn't me. Please don't ask me to explain it. It's complicated.

Are you in college? I hear most college kids go through that "phase" and experiment. It doesn't make you less of a person. :rolleyes:

Are you in college? I hear most college kids go through that "phase" and experiment. It doesn't make you less of a person. :rolleyes:

I'm actually going after a master's degree, but it's not something I want to talk about. Let's just say I learned a few things that made me very cynical about life in general, and we'll leave it at that.

Lest I forget, I do appreciate the compliment. True, it does not make me less of a person. My frequent changing of avatars is probably an example of that. I have a very creative mind, and some people could say that those avatars bear testimony to that.

As it is, this thread has taken a life of it's own and we do need to get back to talking about the topic of these arena food safety inspection reports.

Has anyone seen the show "Restaurants from Hell?"

I'm actually going after a master's degree, but it's not something I want to talk about. Let's just say I learned a few things that made me very cynical about life in general, and we'll leave it at that.

Lest I forget, I do appreciate the compliment. True, it does not make me less of a person. My frequent changing of avatars is probably an example of that. I have a very creative mind, and some people could say that those avatars bear testimony to that.

As it is, this thread has taken a life of it's own and we do need to get back to talking about the topic of these arena food safety inspection reports.

Has anyone seen the show "Restaurants from Hell?"

You could just change the thread topic name.

Not to mention the savings....

You know, that raises an interesting question: where are the cheap eats near the arena? I mean, there are enough restaurants within walking distance, but I don't consider City Grill or Pearl Street or Morrissey's to be money-saving ventures.

I know there is usually a hot dog cart outside the arena, but well, since the arena scored as well as it did health-wise, I'm choosing it over the street meat.

To me, the best value inside is the roast beef or roast turkey sandwich near Pour Man's Aud Club. It's real food, pretty healthy (very healthy compared to everything else in the arena) and it's about $7.

You know, that raises an interesting question: where are the cheap eats near the arena? I mean, there are enough restaurants within walking distance, but I don't consider City Grill or Pearl Street or Morrissey's to be money-saving ventures.

I know there is usually a hot dog cart outside the arena, but well, since the arena scored as well as it did health-wise, I'm choosing it over the street meat.

To me, the best value inside is the roast beef or roast turkey sandwich near Pour Man's Aud Club. It's real food, pretty healthy (very healthy compared to everything else in the arena) and it's about $7.

I usually stop in at the Bijou Grill on Main street before the game. An appetizer and beer for $15 no need to eat at the game (appetizer is huge enough)

Right on the Metro train, hop off, eat, hop back on.

I usually stop in at the Bijou Grill on Main street before the game. An appetizer and beer for $15 no need to eat at the game (appetizer is huge enough)

Right on the Metro train, hop off, eat, hop back on.

Are they pretty quick? Price isn't that different from City Grill or Pearl Street, but speed might make all the difference.

Archived