Lindy Ruff Hockey...

SDS

Sounds about right...

First you suck for a while...

Then you blow....

Then after it stinks for too long, your change your system and do it all again.

PS

I know where you live.....

Well, we just base it on the premises that a good rip can be "Ruff like Lindy" :thumbsup: But your theory works alright too! :lol:

Can I describe it in a number?

30.7%.

(That's his percentage of getting to the final four on a budget.)

This is a half truth.

the 98 and 99 teams were brought to the finals almost single handedly by Hasek, so you can cut that number in half.

Out of the remaining 15.35% or, the other 2 final 4 appearances, that was a direct result of chemistry combined with the injection of leadership, aka Drury, Grier and the like.

Now, I don't have a problem with the way Lindy coaches, it is geared to a more defensive game and does affect the offensive talent pool. Not that I mind, I don't care if they win the Cup with a 70 goal scorer or a 28 goal scorer, but, the emphasis lay in the fact that Lindy Ruff has NEVER coached a team to a Stanley Cup Victory.

As I have stated in the past, there are no trophies for second place, and this isn't college hockey, its the top of professional hockey, just not good enough I'm afraid. And I repeat, I don't entirely blame Lindy, but, as the coach, if the talent given to him is all he is going to get from Darcy, then its his job to coach it to a championship, that falls on his shoulders and his alone as head coach.

This is a half truth.

the 98 and 99 teams were brought to the finals almost single handedly by Hasek, so you can cut that number in half.

Actually, it's a full truth. You might have an explanation that folks might agree or disagree with, but it's a truth: 30.7%.

Archived