A new Tom Webster contest

tom webster

OK, there have been a ton of trade posts/ firesale posts, and the obligatory Deluca everyone sucks post.

In one post with no rebuttal allowed, list the players you think will be moved and the players you think will be brought in this off season. The closest to correct wins 2 tickets to a future Sabre game. Anyone nails it, I will give them two games and buy them a beer.

I reserve the right to make all the rules and determine a winner but those that have been here will tell you I am fair about these things.

Entries must be in before the first move to be considered. The cutoff period for moves to count will be end of September.

Tickets are in 100 level preferred, penalty box side, near blue line.

If I can be presumptuous, MODS may want to pin this.

I'll go for it.

This is like throwing darts at a dart board, blindfolded after you've been spun around.

Outbound,

Drew Stafford, Torres, Lydman

Inbound

Draft picks, Weber, Ennis, Gerbe

I suppose I should put in my two cents

In; Marleau, Belanger, Hemsky, Gilbert, resign Lydman

Out; Tallinder, Stafford, Sekera, Mair, Connolly and of course Torres

Swinging for the fences, eh? Nice.

Who is Gilbert?

I know a lot of this is wishful thinking(not in terms of money, but in terms of turnover) and the man who loves his team will never be this aggressive, but here goes...

IN(via promotion): Ennis, McCormick & Weber

IN(via FA): Lombardi, Nystrom, Corvo, Wallin & Biron

OUT(via trade): Connolly, Sekera & Stafford(traded for picks and/or prospects)

OUT(via FA): Tallinder, Lydman, Ellis, Mair, Torres & Lalime

Here are your 10-11 Buffalo Sabres...

Top 6 Forwards - Roy, Lombardi, Pominville, Ennis, Vanek & Kennedy(still to soft for my liking, but you can only fix so many things in one offseason)

Bottom 6 Forwards - Hecht, Belanger, Kaleta, Gaustad, Grier, Nystrom & McCormick

Blueline - Myers (RH), Rivet (RH), Montador (RH), Butler (LH), Weber (LH), Corvo (RH) & Wallin (LH)

Goalie - Miller & Biron

Defenseman from Edmonton. If they can get past their differences, I see Connolly, Stafford and a 1st for Hemsky and Gilbert.

I know it was a complicated multi-team deal, but they saw past their differences enough for Kotalik to wind up in Edmonton last year.

I know it was a complicated multi-team deal, but they saw past their differences enough for Kotalik to wind up in Edmonton last year.

Forgive me if you were joking on this, but if not, the Sabres had nothing to do with Kotalik ending up in Edmonton. The Rangers quickly realized that Al's limitations were not to their liking and unloaded him on the Oilers.

Forgive me if you were joking on this, but if not, the Sabres had nothing to do with Kotalik ending up in Edmonton. The Rangers quickly realized that Al's limitations were not to their liking and unloaded him on the Oilers.

You're mixing up Edmonton with Calgary.

Archived