Kane has delivered to Chicago

thesportsbuff

Like I said in the other thread if we had a G.M. with some balls that was'nt afraid to make the big deal we could have made a move for him on draft day. Imagine a hometown superstar playing in Buffalo. The marketing and merchandise potential of that would be huge never mind a run at the cup which seems farther and farther away every year we have Darcy calling the shots. I want a G.M. who will go after it not sit on his hands.

Let's just get Marleau and Volchenkov and call it a day. Darcy should be figuring out every possible scenario to land one if not both of these guys. Draft picks, Ennis,Kennedy, Gerbe, Roy, Connolly - you can't tell me that between those options something can't get figured out......

Let's just get Marleau and Volchenkov and call it a day. Darcy should be figuring out every possible scenario to land one if not both of these guys. Draft picks, Ennis,Kennedy, Gerbe, Roy, Connolly - you can't tell me that between those options something can't get figured out......

Since they are both free agents, you don't have to give up anything except maybe to shed salary.

He'll start on that right after he signs Tallinder and Lydman. :wallbash:

Since they are both free agents, you don't have to give up anything except maybe to shed salary.

True, which is why I have them as a priority. Just got a little carried away with player departures. I guess that takes Kennedy, Ennis & Gerbe out of it since salary is not huge. Sooooo who wants Connolly and Roy?

I can't believe what a waste of time these threads calling for trades like this are. Chicago isn't trading Kane and Pittsburgh isn't trading Malkin. Move on.

Screw that. I say why stop there. In addition to Kane, they should also bring in Toews, Byfuglien, and the entire roster of the 1980s Oilers. Yeah, they're all pushing 50 now, but the youth of those other guys should balance that out.

Screw that. I say why stop there. In addition to Kane, they should also bring in Toews, Byfuglien, and the entire roster of the 1980s Oilers. Yeah, they're all pushing 50 now, but the youth of those other guys should balance that out.

I hear Stan Mikita's coming out of retirement. We should nab him NOW.

Always heard that Mikita and Hull started having their sticks made with a curve after hearing of Andy Bathgate purposely breaking his blades to make them curve. Not sure if there is a difinitive source on that though.

As the story goes... Mikita got his stick blade stuck in a crack in the wall coming from the dressing room, causing it to break slightly. He shot a puck with it in disgust because he would have to walk back to the room to get a new stick. It sounded different to him and decided to go shot a few pucks. While he only was able to shot 2 or 3 that day before the stick broke, after the game he started using heat to bend the stick. Bathgate waited 40 years to b!tch about himself not getting credit, that's my answer.

Like I said in the other thread if we had a G.M. with some balls that was'nt afraid to make the big deal we could have made a move for him on draft day. Imagine a hometown superstar playing in Buffalo. The marketing and merchandise potential of that would be huge never mind a run at the cup which seems farther and farther away every year we have Darcy calling the shots. I want a G.M. who will go after it not sit on his hands.

I don't remember where I read it so I have no link, but I remember hearing around the time of that draft that Darcy wanted to move up for him. Supposedly he offered Vanek, Roy and a 1st. Could it have been done if he'd offered more? Maybe...maybe not. Guys like Kane don't come around that often and if you're a team in a position to get one would you give that up?

Here's my headline that you've all been dyin' to see:

Kane is Able

On another note I can see Kane coming to Bflo at some point in his career but not at 21. My wish list includes Byfuglien and Hartnell.

You've got to remember that he was'nt thought of as a Crosby type game breaker pre draft,just a very good prospect so giving up Vanek,Roy and a first may have been steep at that time.Of course in hindesight that offer may seem about right depending where your first pick sits.I would definately contemplate that deal long and hard now but pre draft with no cup win or N.H.L. success behind him I'm not sure what he's worth.

You've got to remember that he was'nt thought of as a Crosby type game breaker pre draft,just a very good prospect so giving up Vanek,Roy and a first may have been steep at that time.Of course in hindesight that offer may seem about right depending where your first pick sits.I would definately contemplate that deal long and hard now but pre draft with no cup win or N.H.L. success behind him I'm not sure what he's worth.

He wasn't even a lock to go #1. He was the most NHL ready of that Kane-JVR-Turris group, but many thought that Turris was the best long term prospect. That could still be right if Turris ever bulks up and matures like he needs to.

He wasn't even a lock to go #1. He was the most NHL ready of that Kane-JVR-Turris group, but many thought that Turris was the best long term prospect. That could still be right if Turris ever bulks up and matures like he needs to.

Kane is a very good but not great player. I never understood the hype. Chicago must have been pissed. They get the No. 1 over all pick, and a skinny kid from Buffalo was the best player available.

He's an un-concussed Timmy Connolly with a bit more finish.

Archived