Kane has delivered to Chicago

thesportsbuff

Kane is a very good but not great player. I never understood the hype. Chicago must have been pissed. They get the No. 1 over all pick, and a skinny kid from Buffalo was the best player available.

He's an un-concussed Timmy Connolly with a bit more finish.

And a Stanley Cup. I'm sure Chicago is still fuming over the pick.

Kane is a very good but not great player. I never understood the hype. Chicago must have been pissed. They get the No. 1 over all pick, and a skinny kid from Buffalo was the best player available.

He's no Jonathan Toews.

Kane -- last year in playoffs (his first as a pro) -- 14 pts in 16 games

Kane -- this year in playoffs -- 28 pts in 22 games -- #3 in NHL

TC -- this year in playoffs -- 1 pt (0 goals) in 6 games.

Toews is better than Kane, but Kane is a terrific player. I would trade any 2 forwards on the Sabres for him.

Kane -- last year in playoffs (his first as a pro) -- 14 pts in 16 games

Kane -- this year in playoffs -- 28 pts in 22 games -- #3 in NHL

TC -- this year in playoffs -- 1 pt (0 goals) in 6 games.

Toews is better than Kane, but Kane is a terrific player. I would trade any 2 forwards on the Sabres for him.

TC played with a broken foot he could barely skate on, and had substandard talent on the wing. Give Timmy Toews and Bguflin(however you freaking spell it) as linemates and see what he does.

Don't give Kane too much credit. He was a -6 for the SC championship round going into the final game, and came out a -4 for the series. He was a minus 2 over all for the playoffs. Terrific players aren't minus for the playoffs.

######, Timmy was a -2 for the playoffs also!

All that being said, I too would trade any two forwards not named Vanek for Kane also. He is true scoring line talent. We have very little of that. My point is that he is a very good player, and the best player in his draft year, But 2007 had to be one of the worst years for top talent in a long time. If I had the #1 overall pick and he was the best I could do, I would be pissed!

TC played with a broken foot he could barely skate on, and had substandard talent on the wing. Give Timmy Toews and Bguflin(however you freaking spell it) as linemates and see what he does.

Don't give Kane too much credit. He was a -6 for the SC championship round going into the final game, and came out a -4 for the series. He was a minus 2 over all for the playoffs. Terrific players aren't minus for the playoffs.

All that being said, I too would trade any two forwards not named Vanek for Kane also. He is true scoring line talent. We have very little of that. My point is that he is a very good player, and the best player in his draft year, But 2007 had to be one of the worst years for top talent in a long time. If I had the #1 overall pick and he was the best I could do, I would be pissed!

I hear you on TC's broken foot, I acknowledge that Carter and Gagne also were ineffective in the playoffs coming back from the same injury, I half-want TC not to be the guy that gets unloaded from this roster (ie I'd rather it be Roy or Pommer), and I'll even admit to being a TC defender on this board for the last several years. But I really didn't like what I saw from him in the playoffs this year. It seemed worse than a physical limitation. I just didn't see any fire.

Meanwhile, Kane is faster and more dangerous with the puck than TC is -- ie he has the strong parts of TC's game, and he's better at them. He had a great playoffs and a great Olympics -- ie he really delivered in crunch time.

You really wouldn't trade Vanek for Kane? I would in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't hesitate if it were Vanek plus Roy for Kane.

Just for the record, Toews was a -1 for the playoffs.

Whatever it takes...Miller, Vanek and a number 1: pull the trigger!

Why would Chicago trade for Miller and a handful of odds and ends?

Miller hasn't won anything - Niemi is a Stanley Cup winning goalie which is lightyears more than what Millsie has.

I hear you on TC's broken foot, I acknowledge that Carter and Gagne also were ineffective in the playoffs coming back from the same injury, I half-want TC not to be the guy that gets unloaded from this roster (ie I'd rather it be Roy or Pommer), and I'll even admit to being a TC defender on this board for the last several years. But I really didn't like what I saw from him in the playoffs this year. It seemed worse than a physical limitation. I just didn't see any fire. Meanwhile, Kane is faster and more dangerous with the puck than TC is -- ie he has the strong parts of TC's game, and he's better at them. He had a great playoffs and a great Olympics -- ie he really delivered in crunch time.

You really wouldn't trade Vanek for Kane? I would in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't hesitate if it were

Vanek plus Roy for Kane.

This post will look screwed up cuz I'm doing it from my phone and can't scroll, but I have to respond. Kane is everything Timmy c is supposed to be: the slick puck handler who can also dazzle with his shot. That is good, but he also has bad parts of timmy's game. He's a perimeter player. He's soft. I hate the way he plays the game. I wouldn't trade vanek for him. . Kane doesn't make the sabres better without vanek, Kane would make vanek much better. We need to add talent, not take away the only true 1st line talent we have. Throw the rest of them in. Throw them all in. The only one we might regret is roy, because he's the only player on the entire roster resembling a center. Tc is a tease. He has the ability, but not the heart. Not sure if he ever did, or if the injuries or ruff beat it out of him.

There, finally fixed it.

Kane spent between 5 and 6 hours a day last offseason working out. I wonder how much time T.C. spent working out. Kane is hungry and he wants to get better. T.C. would like to stay relevant. I would rather have a player like Kane. Warts and all.

Kane spent between 5 and 6 hours a day last offseason working out. I wonder how much time T.C. spent working out. Kane is hungry and he wants to get better. T.C. would like to stay relevant. I would rather have a player like Kane. Warts and all.

No one is going to disagree with that. I think the debate is over how many buffalo forwards Kane is worth.

No one is going to disagree with that. I think the debate is over how many buffalo forwards Kane is worth.

I appreciate your view on Vanek vs Kane, but I don't agree. Do you think Chicago would trade Kane for Vanek? I don't.

I appreciate your view on Vanek vs Kane, but I don't agree. Do you think Chicago would trade Kane for Vanek? I don't.

I don't either. But I do think Chicago would be a good fit for Vanek. There's "game" in Vanek that I don't think we get to see here.

No I don't, but he, along with toews, is the face of the franchise. Give it a few years, and they might jump at the chance to make that trade. Kane benefits from all the talent around him, much like Vanek did after the lockout. I don't know that Kane has another level to his game, I think he is as good now as he is ever going to be.

I don't either. But I do think Chicago would be a good fit for Vanek. There's "game" in Vanek that I don't think we get to see here.

Agreed. I think he would be a consistent 40 goal scorer there.

Yes. Why are you so concerned about the alcohol consumption of a player from another team. You seem to have an issue.

Go pick on heatley. He got drunk and killed someone!

You're wrong about Heatley. Alcohol was not involved, just speed and stupidity.

You're wrong about Heatley. Alcohol was not involved, just speed and stupidity.

Wikipedia begs to differ. "He admitted to drinking some prior to the incident, but his blood-alcohol content was below the legal limit." Link.

In light of his injuries, who knows how long after the accident they finally got around to testing for alcohol.

Wikipedia begs to differ. "He admitted to drinking some prior to the incident, but his blood-alcohol content was below the legal limit." Link.

In light of his injuries, who knows how long after the accident they finally got around to testing for alcohol.

I don't take Wikipedia's word for anything, but there's a link to an AP story that mentions the alcohol angle. If it's accurate, I stand corrected.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived