Time to blow it up and start over.

deluca67

Careful. The last time two people agreed with me in the same thread the server crashed.

Bring it.

Server crashed? ######, I'm more worried about how the space/time continuum is going to react, I got a feeling this might just be what Doc Brown warned Marty about.

Not to worry I have a spare flux capacitor and we can always go back and re-do.

Wait that's already happening with Regier and Ruff every year, like ground hog day, I hear Sonny and Cher right now singing I got you babe!

They need 5 top six forwards and 5 defensemen. Yep, they are right on the cusp of greatness.

I take it you stopped watching the playoffs. There is no way anyone still watching the playoffs could think the Sabres are capable of playing at the level the teams still alive are.

FLYERS TOP 6

Gagne, Briere, Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Leino.

No way the Sabres compete with that.

Edit - And I forgot budding Superstar Giroux.

But don't you see? This is clearly a rudderless ship headed in the wrong direction. We must rant endlessly because that's what we do around here.

I know, right? Buncha communists. Why can't you just take what they give you and like it, you know?

FLYERS TOP 6

Gagne, Briere, Richards, Carter, Hartnell, Leino.

No way the Sabres compete with that.

Edit - And I forgot budding Superstar Giroux.

Hartnell and Leino are exactly the point. They are top 6 forwards because Philly has true top 2 forwards. Roy, Pominville and Hecht are a very good 2nd line if your first line is Vanek, Marleau and Enis, assuming Enis is the real deal and Vanek or him can adjust to playing right wing (also not a given). How about this forward line up?

Vanek - Marleau - Hemsky

Hecht - Roy - Pominville

Ennis - Kennedy - Grier

Gerbe/Kassian/??- Gaustad- Kaletta

I hate fantasy trades so I am not saying that they will get these guys but the point is 2 additions make them a formidable forward group and to suggest that they need to blow it up is as I said before ridiculous.

Hartnell and Leino are exactly the point. They are top 6 forwards because Philly has true top 2 forwards. Roy, Pominville and Hecht are a very good 2nd line if your first line is Vanek, Marleau and Enis, assuming Enis is the real deal and Vanek or him can adjust to playing right wing (also not a given). How about this forward line up?

Vanek - Marleau - Hemsky

Hecht - Roy - Pominville

Ennis - Kennedy - Grier

Gerbe/Kassian/??- Gaustad- Kaletta

I hate fantasy trades so I am not saying that they will get these guys but the point is 2 additions make them a formidable forward group and to suggest that they need to blow it up is as I said before ridiculous.

When the hysterical masses are at the gates, frothing at the mouth with the "blow the team up" hysteria, it's good to know there are still a few resolute grownups left to hold the fort.

Regarding Marleau: he's the guy they need. 6'2, 220, not too old at 30, and a true #1 center who plays 21 minutes per game and has scored about 32-48-80 every year since the lockout. There haven't been many guys who have become available, either in trade or free agency, who are that good and that well-suited to what the Sabres need. He's one of them. He'll probably cost something like $7MM per year x 5 years. If the Sabres can dump TC or Pommer, they will be most of the way towards freeing up that amount of cash. Let's see if they get into the mix.

Don't think they really need to blow it up...Find a way to get Marleau or another Center and add another Dman to the mix (a-b level guy). I'm not a GM so that is their job to figure it out....does not sound too difficult with some pieces to give away

assuming Ennis is the real deal and Vanek or him can adjust to playing right wing (also not a given). How about this forward line up?

Wasn't Vanek playing on the right wing with Kennedy on the left at the end of the season? I seem to remember Lindy saying something about how it was nice that he could still play well on the other side.

Wasn't Vanek playing on the right wing with Kennedy on the left at the end of the season? I seem to remember Lindy saying something about how it was nice that he could still play well on the other side.

Yes he was but I still won't assume he would want to switch full time.

Yes he was but I still won't assume he would want to switch full time.

5 goals* in 2 games with Gerbe (vs. Ottawa) and Kennedy (vs. NJ) might be enough for him to give it a shot. :thumbsup:

* OK, one was with Mair and Ellis, while another was a penalty shot.

If Regier wants to make a impact this off-season (I highly doubt he does) he can do so and still stick to the mantra of building through the draft. Boston said they are willing to give up the #2 pick. When not make a play for it? Pre Draft Trade?

Did you have a source where they say that they are willing to give up the #2 pick? That article said that they are willing to trade other picks and prospects to get another top 10 pick. At the end, it says that he has received offers for the #2 pick, but not that he is considering them. Our #23 is worth nothing compared to their #2 pick, so I can't imagine what we have that would pry it loose from them.

Did you have a source where they say that they are willing to give up the #2 pick? That article said that they are willing to trade other picks and prospects to get another top 10 pick. At the end, it says that he has received offers for the #2 pick, but not that he is considering them. Our #23 is worth nothing compared to their #2 pick, so I can't imagine what we have that would pry it loose from them.

I was taking liberty with the article in regards the #2 pick, my apologies. I don;t know waht the Bruins would want form the Sabres, I wish Darcey would call and find out.

During the hotstove segment after period 2 on cbc they said just that .Apparently Boston is willing to move that pick.They have 4 picks in the first and second round.They said something about swinging a deal with edmonton to get the player they want so it may be something as simple as switching picks with Edmonton or an exchange of players as well.We'll see how it shakes out?

Archived