Your feelings about the Sabres over the last 3 years in a few sentences

LabattBlue

This is what I came up with...

The "so called" skilled forwards are not skilled enough, the "so called" physical players are not physical enough and the GM and coaching staff couldn't get fired even if they tried to. Two years of missing the playoffs, followed by a team that won the division and got smoked in the first round has me wondering if this team can be any more vanilla and boring. There is no excitement factor outside of Miller, Myers and Kaleta.

Blue, isn't this topic covered basically in every active thread on the board? Let's make it interesting: a haiku, or a sonnet, or something.

There once was a man from Syracuse

For whose play, there was no excuse

We suffered all year

And shed many a tear

Come on, Darcy, please cut him loose!

Can't get much worse. Not good enough to go far; too good to get top players in the draft (though, with a nod to Myers' and Ennis' potential.) The definition of mediocrity.

If mediocrity were the Cup the Sabres would have multiple banners hanging from the rafters

This is what I came up with...

The "so called" skilled forwards are not skilled enough, the "so called" physical players are not physical enough and the GM and coaching staff couldn't get fired even if they tried to. Two years of missing the playoffs, followed by a team that won the division and got smoked in the first round has me wondering if this team can be any more vanilla and boring. There is no excitement factor outside of Miller, Myers and Kaleta.

With all due respect, then why do you follow them? Would you continue to eat at a restaurant that has bad food and service? I understand the cathartic nature of complaining about our favorite teams but it seems a little nihilistic to make the same argument on a daily basis (gm sucks,coach sucks, players suck), especially when you are convinced that things will never change. It doesn't make any sense.

- Mis-evaluation of talent on roster in all 3 years

- Excellent 2008 draft and solid "grow-from-within" system in place

- Terrible personnel decision-making in general throughout the period (who to sign, who to let go)

- Fans passion is generally back from what it was, but since Drury/Briere fiasco, skepticism reigns

With all due respect, then why do you follow them? Would you continue to eat at a restaurant that has bad food and service? I understand the cathartic nature of complaining about our favorite teams but it seems a little nihilistic to make the same argument on a daily basis (gm sucks,coach sucks, players suck), especially when you are convinced that things will never change. It doesn't make any sense.

I have split season tickets for 10 years and have followed the Sabres since 1970. It's called being frustrated. For your benefit, let me put on my rose colored glasses and wax poetically about how impressive and exciting the last 3 years have been. <_<

PS Last time I looked I wasn't started this same thread on a "daily basis", but just feel free to make up ###### in an attempt to make yourself feel more knowledgeable.

I have split season tickets for 10 years and have followed the Sabres since 1970. It's called being frustrated. For your benefit, let me put on my rose colored glasses and wax poetically about how impressive and exciting the last 3 years have been. <_<

PS Last time I looked I wasn't started this same thread on a "daily basis", but just feel free to make up ###### in an attempt to make yourself feel more knowledgeable.

It doesn't matter what the title of the thread is, it usually boils down to the same sentiments. Which is why I raised the question in the first place.

It doesn't matter what the title of the thread is, it usually boils down to the same sentiments. Which is why I raised the question in the first place.

If my opinions are that troubling to you, feel free to ignore my posts, which in turn, would free up some of your time to conduct daily circle jerks at 1 SHK Plaza.

Plays the most boring, slow-paced style of hockey I saw in a long time, and that includes watching the Devils play.

No power play.

Defense consists of 5 guys down low running around, unable to clear the puck when they come up with it.

"The Core" refusing to go to the boards, or into traffic.

Miller standing on his head, carrying the team.

Ruff being clueless on how to motivate his players, and anything that involves offense.

Same players saying the same things all season long.

You make it sound like having a favorite team is just something you can turn on and off. It isn't.

Frustration is talking for a lot of people these days because we get to see the same people make the same mistakes over and over again.

You're right though, being a sports fan in general makes no sense at all. Which is what makes it interesting.

Don't post much here but here's my take:

a.)Entertaining and competitive (offer more hope than the Bills) but still paying the sins of Darcy not signing Briere for lesser money when he had the chance. How things would be different over these three yeas.

b.)Also: I'm starting to think having those four first round draft picks now and letting Vanek run off to Edmonton and there'd be a whole lot more optimism right now. The investment (one playoff appearance and a loss in the first round) hasn't been worth it.

Lack of timely goals

Forwards cupping Miller's balls

Can't get the puck out.

Excellent.

---

Tingling in the groin

Roy's makin' Johnsonville brats!

Make mine extra dark

---

Am I going to a bad place when I die?

Archived