Party in the Plaza...

LabattBlue

Just drove by the arena on my lunch hour. They have a huge(maybe 40 x 150??) tent w/sides, setup running parallel to the overhead walkway from the ramp to the arena. Don't know if the band will be setup under there or screens for watching the game? Probably be good if the weather is crappy, but might ruin the "openness" of the parties from the last playoff season. I'll know more tomorrow when I head to the game.

Just drove by the arena on my lunch hour. They have a huge(maybe 40 x 150??) tent w/sides, setup running parallel to the overhead walkway from the ramp to the arena. Don't know if the band will be setup under there or screens for watching the game? Probably be good if the weather is crappy, but might ruin the "openness" of the parties from the last playoff season. I'll know more tomorrow when I head to the game.

Dang! Hey, we're in the playoffs! Any Party in the Plaza is a good one!

with nothing but sun in the forecast and 70 degrees, that thing better be down for tomorrow.....

From what I can see it looks like it will be up until the playoffs are over for the Sabres. It isn't your garden variety pole tent with a couple of poles in the middle and staked around the perimeter that can be easily taken up and down. They have been working on it for at least a couple of days now.

From what I can see it looks like it will be up until the playoffs are over for the Sabres. It isn't your garden variety pole tent with a couple of poles in the middle and staked around the perimeter that can be easily taken up and down. They have been working on it for at least a couple of days now.

Strictly Hip playing, they ROCK!!!

i haven't heard an estimate as to numbers.

what i did hear from several who attended: (1) while the tent can help out with bad weather (like tomorrow), the open-air feel was sorely missed and there was a lot of crowding/pushing to get in under the big top. (2) it took twice as long to take a leak as it did to buy a beer (which i guess means that the sabres need to look at the ratio of port-a-potties to beer taps).

i haven't heard an estimate as to numbers.

what i did hear from several who attended: (1) while the tent can help out with bad weather (like tomorrow), the open-air feel was sorely missed and there was a lot of crowding/pushing to get in under the big top. (2) it took twice as long to take a leak as it did to buy a beer (which i guess means that the sabres need to look at the ratio of port-a-potties to beer taps).

I'm sure it is all about the almighty $$$ and the tent helps keep the money rolling in, but I would have left it "open" and in bad weather(rain) just cancel it or maybe just have the pre-game concert.

One side note...as I left the game last night(stairwell exits right into the plaza area), it felt like I was walking into a teen dance and teens aren't the ones who spend money. Maybe someone who stayed outside for the whole game can comment more on the typical crowd age, but that is how it looked to me.

I tried to tell them the tent was a bad idea. ;)

http://www.buffalone...za-cut-off.html

Organizations win. They're putting up a tent, they're taking it down. They're selling beer, they're not selling beer, they're setting a limit, they're not setting a limit. Pretty shoddy. Sometimes the fans deserve better, on and off the ice.

Organizations win. They're putting up a tent, they're taking it down. They're selling beer, they're not selling beer, they're setting a limit, they're not setting a limit. Pretty shoddy. Sometimes the fans deserve better, on and off the ice.

I'll agree that their handling of this whole situation has been embarassing.

Archived