[OT] Can U do this?

spndnchz

Sabres could use him.... someone who knows how to put the puck in the net! Though he is a golfer... not sure it says that much about him except that he has a good follow through.

If he's that good at golf maybe he would be a better fit with the Leafs. :doh:

Are you sure that was a real Islanders fan? There looked to be WAY too many people in the seats for that to be an Islanders game.

Islanders fan wins brand new car! In related news, the plans for a new arena for the Islanders in Nassau County have been pushed back 10 years due to financial reasons.

Years ago, I saw this happen at a college hockey game at RPI. They used to have the exact same contest during the intermission. One night, an RPI student got randomly selected and not only got it in the net (same size hole), but did it from behind the far blue line. He drove out of the arena with a brand new Acura.

Years ago, I saw this happen at a college hockey game at RPI. They used to have the exact same contest during the intermission. One night, an RPI student got randomly selected and not only got it in the net (same size hole), but did it from behind the far blue line. He drove out of the arena with a brand new Acura.

I won a frozen turkey one year at the Amerks game shooting the puck into the net from center ice. :unsure:

That lady from the auto group seemed pi$$ed.

They're insured for these kinds of contests. They should be happy that the insurance premium was actually worth it for once.

I won a frozen turkey one year at the Amerks game shooting the puck into the net from center ice. :unsure:

If I ever had to take one of those shots, for the ###### of it I'd try to bank it in off the side boards. Too bad I've only done that from the length of the ice and not from center ice. I have no idea where the right bank point would be.

They're insured for these kinds of contests. They should be happy that the insurance premium was actually worth it for once.

If I ever had to take one of those shots, for the ###### of it I'd try to bank it in off the side boards. Too bad I've only done that from the length of the ice and not from center ice. I have no idea where the right bank point would be.

I doubt the puck would go in at that angle. That hole isn't that bog.

Do you remember when this was? I was a season ticket holder during my years there as a student (02-05) and no one ever got close. They had Rensselaer Honda as the lead sponsor and the offers seemed to taper off with time (in '02 they were offering a loaded Accord, then they started offering stripped down Civics).

Archived