Doug Allen hears some boos?!

PASabreFan

I'm happy to hear I am apparently mishearing. But go back to the first post in this thread, from last March, and you will see that John Vogl was hearing boos too.

It's "Dooooog." No one has any ill feelings towards the guy. Why would one?

Doooooog? Like Doogie Howser?

If you google this, you'll get some hits. http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2007/10/sabres-in-game-.html

There was a mention of it in ArtVoice too.

Did you read the comments? Vogl simply was incorrect. No one freaking boos the guy, for crying out loud.

And on edit, yes, like Doogie Howser.

Henry was horrible. Ingrid lead us to the Stanley Cup Finals in 99. My favorite was this black girl Keisha Adamczyk. She sang it a few times here and there when i had season tickets in the early 2000's. I thought she was real good.

I'll trade any anthem singer for this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk&feature=fvw

How about the guy singing in the background at the 1:00 mark. Hilarious.

i love doug. love him. i feel strongly about him singing at any playoff game.

that said, what i heard in the arena yesterday did sound a bit like a smattering of boos. could it be that they're calling "dooog"? possibly. but it sounds like some boo's (i would estimate from more than 20, fewer than 100 fans).

to a point that PA makes regularly, we are talking about something like .005% (what is that? it's half of a tenth of a percent, or 5 hundredeths thereof -- so, what, a twentieth of a single percentage point? (GUH! math HARD!)) of the assembled crowd. that is easily within the number of complete mouth-breathing a-holes that you will find in any random slice of any population.

Dudes not gay, he's got kids. Not too many people have seen this interview with him:

http://www.skunkpost....sp?newsId=1944

No one boo's Doug. We all scream "DOUGIE" when he gets introduced. Everyone worries when he doesn't sing. He takes Wed and Sunday's off usually for church commitments.

That one guy definitely boos him. 300 level in the corner.

My therapist says I have to let this go.

that gives rise to a presumption, but a rebuttable one. (i know several gay guys who've had kids through marriage to women.)

cool clip - thanks for sharing.

i will take this on faith from you -- if you're among those who're saying something that sounds like "dooog", that's enough for me.

thanks for the clarification.

Was that intentional?

Dudes not gay, he's got kids. Not too many people have seen this interview with him:

http://www.skunkpost....sp?newsId=1944

No one boo's Doug. We all scream "DOUGIE" when he gets introduced. Everyone worries when he doesn't sing. He takes Wed and Sunday's off usually for church commitments.

I know Doug personally ... he's definitely not gay. He is a great man, great dad, great husband, very committed Christian man (in a solid moral sense, not fundamentalist sense). He probably has more 'manliness' in his left pinky than most guys do in their entire being.

I know Doug personally.

*sigh*

at this point, i regret bringing it up. like i said, it's a complete non-issue to me, but i was trying to divine why some tiny fraction of fans would boo him. turns out that's almost certainly a misperception, given chz's confirmation that what i'm hearing are "dooooog's."

doug, if you're out there, i'm sorry that this junk ever escaped my keyboard.

i'll be deleting my posts at this point.

Who does he point to anyways?

He's pointing to "the people" in the seats - he always does that when he sings "LAND OF THE FREE, AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE..." implying with his gesture that we (the people in the seats) are the "free" and the "brave".

You need a man with a pompadour, not some whiny girl or baldy.

that is an absolute treasure. so much to love, that i can't even begin to comment.

i will allow myself this one thing: he was out in his loafers on a fresh sheet of ice without the benefit of a roll-away carpet.

Archived