[OT] NCAA Div I Hockey Tournament

Hirly5

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To go to the Frozen Four or not to go? That is the question.

That was a great game. Well played by RIT. They are on a roll. I believe the college hockey communinity is learning what RIT stands for now. I am just beside myself. How awesome is this?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rochester Institute of Technology?

Very happy for you folks who are alums of that school. Good luck in the Frozen Four.

I really wish UB would get off its ###### and pull together a hockey program.

Very happy for you folks who are alums of that school. Good luck in the Frozen Four.

When I went there, the swim team was decent, the lacrosse team was decent, the basketball team was a joke, and the hockey program was, errrr, entertaining. Glad to see they have put the land of red bricks on the map.

RIT, where the song lyrics, "All in all, you're just another brick in the wall" had soooo much meaning...

1996 grad. I only wish I could witness history in the making this time.

So much for Reichard being the clear cut #1 and Knapp seeing no action. :oops:

Digging into it a little bit, it looks like they handed the reigns to Reichard in the postseason and he faltered a bit, so they fell back on the rotation. It also helps that Reichard got lit up by Michigan just last week.

Digging into it a little bit, it looks like they handed the reigns to Reichard in the postseason and he faltered a bit, so they fell back on the rotation. It also helps that Reichard got lit up by Michigan just last week.

Great game. Michigan dominated the 1st OT and as happens very often, Miami comes out for the 2nd OT and BAM, pucks in the net and they go to the frozen four.

Great game. Michigan dominated the 1st OT and as happens very often, Miami comes out for the 2nd OT and BAM, pucks in the net and they go to the frozen four.

That was a bit of a softie. But then again, Miami knows what it's like to be beaten by a slow shot in overtime. Miami fans have to be absolutely sick of playing Boston teams in the tourney though. BC ended their season in 2006, 2007, and 2008, then BU ended it last year. Now they get BC again. I would not be the least bit surprised if that streak continues.

edit: One good thing though, at least I don't have to listen to that horrible Michigan fight song 265 times during the semis.

I was there from 2000-2003 so we were there at the same time. I ushered section 8 at Walter Brown for a while, so if you were at those games you might actually have a good idea of who I am. I miss that place and being paid to watch hockey.

I started off in grad school at BU in '06.. still mucking through it.. only really started getting into college hockey then, considering UB has no hockey program whatsoever.. shame..

Last season was such a great time to be indoctrinated in BU hockey.. made it sweeter watching the victory parade having been to a couple of games.. I do like the Agganis.. what was Walter Brown like? Same as HSBC vs. Aud?

The Michigan fight song is the best one going today!

Maybe if they didn't play it each time an offside call is made. The mock version is pretty good though.

Last season was such a great time to be indoctrinated in BU hockey.. made it sweeter watching the victory parade having been to a couple of games.. I do like the Agganis.. what was Walter Brown like? Same as HSBC vs. Aud?

The smaller capacity brought in a more dedicated crowd, less of the "well, it's something to do" crowd. Mix that in with a low ceiling and it made for a lot of noise. So yeah, just like the NHL, the atmosphere suffers a bit with a new arena. It's a necessary evil though.

RIoT RIT aka Colonypalooza

http://ritriot.tripod.com/

:pirate:

Awesome, didn't know you guys had it in yah.

I imagine the place is buzzing with the Frozen Four Berth. The only thing I saw even close to that when I went there was the 1980 Mens Olympic Gold Medal. For one magical day, the place literally came unglued... It was nice to see. Alas, one time in four years...

Awesome, didn't know you guys had it in yah.

I imagine the place is buzzing with the Frozen Four Berth. The only thing I saw even close to that when I went there was the 1980 Mens Olympic Gold Medal. For one magical day, the place literally came unglued... It was nice to see. Alas, one time in four years...

It was pretty busy Sunday morning at 2:30am, that's for sure. I haven't been to campus yet besides to the gym today, but I'd imagine there's a lot of talk. I got told all day at work that my coworkers saw me on the lunchtime and morning news here at the victory celebration smoking a cigar on camera. Apparently being the loud guy with ridiculous mutton chops gets you a lot of attention. Players on the team recognize me in passing before I recognize them lately. :oops:

post-1361-12699009097018_thumb.jpg

It was pretty busy Sunday morning at 2:30am, that's for sure. I haven't been to campus yet besides to the gym today, but I'd imagine there's a lot of talk. I got told all day at work that my coworkers saw me on the lunchtime and morning news here at the victory celebration smoking a cigar on camera. Apparently being the loud guy with ridiculous mutton chops gets you a lot of attention. Players on the team recognize me in passing before I recognize them lately. :oops:

post-1361-12699009097018_thumb.jpg

Oh ###### yeah! Being a man of thick facial hair myself, I can always appreciate some good sideburns. Hope everyone back in Rochester is enjoying the ride so far! Haven't been able to make an RIT game in years since moving away.

Will the RIOT game be televised and if so when and where?

How come RIT is not refered to as RIOT?

Seems like a good marketing pitch.

Go Tigers. Win something!

I gotta root for my alma mater as well. :w00t:

Archived