[OT] NCAA Div I Hockey Tournament

Hirly5

My alama mater made the tourney. Northern Michigan. I picked them in the first round upset over St Cloud. Don't think they'll get out of the second round though because they might face Wisconsin. GO CATS!!

Beating St Cloud in the NCAA tourney is never an upset.

Holy Crap...

1-0 RIT over Denver in the 1st!

BU was the only 1 seed to make it out of the first round last year, so a 1-0 first period lead isn't really all that shocking.

BU was the only 1 seed to make it out of the first round last year, so a 1-0 first period lead isn't really all that shocking.

True...but I'm watching the game, and I'm a little surprised at how lackadaisical Denver is in this game...I mean, they're the #2 team in the country. Good for RIT though...still 1-0 after 2.

True...but I'm watching the game, and I'm a little surprised at how lackadaisical Denver is in this game...I mean, they're the #2 team in the country. Good for RIT though...still 1-0 after 2.

Remember the Holy Cross-Minnesota game from a few years back. That was a good time and the college hockey world has never been the same since.

Remember the Holy Cross-Minnesota game from a few years back. That was a good time and the college hockey world has never been the same since.

...and they pulled it off. 2-1 victory. They were clearly hanging on at the end, icing the puck and trying to win faceoffs...but they did it. Man, Albany's gonna be rocking if it's Cornell-RIT in the regional final!

So does the Puck Daddy label apply to everyone there? That writer isn't the guy I've seen referred to as Puck Daddy on this board.

I think so, i'm aware Wyshynski didn't write the article but to me Puck Daddy is just the name of the blog, which has multiple writers. Wyshynski is the main guy tho.... maybe i was wrong, if so, my bad.

Way to go Tigers!!!! Great win for the program.

They were def holding on at the end. Denver was very laid back in the 1st but then ratcheted up the pressure through out the rest of the game. You could def tell that Denver had the more talented team but DeMichiel was great. I was on the edge of my seat the whole 3rd period.

Ride that hot goalie.

If this were facebook i'd push the "like" button.

I'm sure darkSabre would too but he, guessing it's a he, is probaby in Albany checking out game 2.

Also guessing he's an RIT guy like myself. I would like nothing more than RIT vs Cornell. Would make an interesting night for the wife and I. She went to Ithaca so Cornell is her team.

I'm sure darkSabre would too but he, guessing it's a he, is probaby in Albany checking out game 2.

Also guessing he's an RIT guy like myself. I would like nothing more than RIT vs Cornell. Would make an interesting night for the wife and I. She went to Ithaca so Cornell is her team.

haha yeah i'm sure the guy is in Albany. He attends RIT and he's in the corner crew i'm pretty sure reading a while ago. Must be a big thrill for the team and the fans right now in Albany.

Cornell and RIT would be a good battle. I'm assuming the arena would be rocking for that.

haha yeah i'm sure the guy is in Albany. He attends RIT and he's in the corner crew i'm pretty sure reading a while ago. Must be a big thrill for the team and the fans right now in Albany.

Cornell and RIT would be a good battle. I'm assuming the arena would be rocking for that.

Yea, I watched the two of them play a year or two ago and RIT smoked them 5-1. It was pre-season non-conference play but I think they have a good team this year. Cornell's goalie is going to be the only problem.

Yea, I watched the two of them play a year or two ago and RIT smoked them 5-1. It was pre-season non-conference play but I think they have a good team this year. Cornell's goalie is going to be the only problem.

Really? I heard NHL scouts were high on Ben Scrivens? I havn't watched much college hockey this year but i thought Scrivens was a major advantage for Cornell.

Really? I heard NHL scouts were high on Ben Scrivens? I havn't watched much college hockey this year but i thought Scrivens was a major advantage for Cornell.

Hahaha no, I meant it the other way. RIT's only problem is going to be Cornell's goalie.

EDIT: That and they play a harder checking game too.

I think so, i'm aware Wyshynski didn't write the article but to me Puck Daddy is just the name of the blog, which has multiple writers. Wyshynski is the main guy tho.... maybe i was wrong, if so, my bad.

I'm just curious because I noticed the name and I know the guy who wrote that. I had no idea he wrote for any of those blogs.

Take this for what it's worth, but I sat next to a guy scouting undrafted players at a game earlier this year. I tried to sneak a peak at his notes and he had Scrivens labeled as "big and slow". I thought that was pretty funny.

Each year Cornell has statistically one of the best goalies in the nation and they never amount to anything. It's all about the system they play. He looks no different than any of the recent ones I've seen there, McKee and LeNeveu.

Archived