[OT] NCAA Div I Hockey Tournament

Hirly5

I'm too lazy to look up what future Sabres are playing in this tourney. Can anyone provide some names? Thanks in advance.

Notre Dakota (plays Yale Sat 5pm): Corey Fienhage (D), Bradley Eidsness (G)

Vermont (plays Wisconsin tonight 9pm): Drew MacKenzie (D)

Miami of Ohio (plays Alabama of Huntsville Sat 4pm): Connor Knapp (G)

I still can't believe what I saw today. I've never seen so many grown men with tears in their eyes. This was HUGE for RIT.

RIT provided free busses to the game today so I took one of those. Probably going to drive tomorrow though.

I can't describe the emotion that I felt during this game. I am physically exhausted from watching it.

Amazing.

Well, hopefully another good game against UNH tomorrow, even if we lose.

Let's Go Tigers!

Vermont (plays Wisconsin tonight 9pm): Drew MacKenzie (D)

Miami of Ohio (plays Alabama of Huntsville Sat 4pm): Connor Knapp (G)

I don't follow college hockey closely, but I was surprised to see that Michigan St. was not in the tourney. Could thing I didn't say you forgot Tropp without checking. :)

The UND-Yale game is on MASN right now for those who get MASN (Mid-Atlantic Sports Network)

Yale is up 1-0 midway through the 1st.

Don't forget about RIT @ 6:30 on ESPNU today. Hopefully RIT is not gassed from yesterdays game or has a let down after a huge win. If they come out and play the same way that they did yesterday (maybe with some more offense) I dont see why they cannot beat UNH. Stand on your head DeMichiel.

I still can't believe what I saw today. I've never seen so many grown men with tears in their eyes. This was HUGE for RIT.

RIT provided free busses to the game today so I took one of those. Probably going to drive tomorrow though.

I can't describe the emotion that I felt during this game. I am physically exhausted from watching it.

Amazing.

Well, hopefully another good game against UNH tomorrow, even if we lose.

Let's Go Tigers!

The Corner Crew was in full effect. Bucci and The Mullet mentioned many times the pro RIT crowd. They should be just as loud today.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping to see Sabres G prospect Connor Knapp play for Miami. :(

Reichard played in the national championship last year and he's been their #1 all year. There was no reason to expect anyone but him in net.

RIT should have a good chance in that game. UNH loves to choke at this time of the year.

WOW! 3 goals in 1:34. RIT is taking it to UNH. 4-1 after two. RIT is playing with confindence and dominating play. The fat lady has not sang yet but she is warming up. They are playing well on defense and countering off of UNH mistakes.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW!!! Words can't explain how amazing this is for our school. Good job guys. You deserve it. :worthy: :thumbsup:

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To go to the Frozen Four or not to go? That is the question.

That was a great game. Well played by RIT. They are on a roll. I believe the college hockey communinity is learning what RIT stands for now. I am just beside myself. How awesome is this?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To go to the Frozen Four or not to go? That is the question.

That was a great game. Well played by RIT. They are on a roll. I believe the college hockey communinity is learning what RIT stands for now. I am just beside myself. How awesome is this?

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very cheap tickets. I say go for it.

Oh, and I texted a UNH fan asking for a score update. It must have been right after those quick goals because the response I got was ugly.

Very cheap tickets. I say go for it.

Oh, and I texted a UNH fan asking for a score update. It must have been right after those quick goals because the response I got was ugly.

The day of the championship game is my birthday so it would be a nice b-day present to myself to go to it. I might have to sleep on this. I am alittle worried that it is at Ford Field though. I would imagine the tickets for alumini wouldn't be the best. I could get a seat in the risers on the floor for all the sessions at a decent price though. I have $200 Delta dollars I need to use by the 4th of July.

I was at the Ice Bowl and this would be a nice event to add to the list. I think I am talking myself into this.

The day of the championship game is my birthday so it would be a nice b-day present to myself to go to it. I might have to sleep on this. I am alittle worried that it is at Ford Field though. I would imagine the tickets for alumini wouldn't be the best. I could get a seat in the risers on the floor for all the sessions at a decent price though. I have $200 Delta dollars I need to use by the 4th of July.

I was at the Ice Bowl and this would be a nice event to add to the list. I think I am talking myself into this.

I'm scalping tickets. They'll be giving those things away in Detroit. You just have to dodge bullets while you're buying.

I live in NH but I'm not a big UNH hockey fan. They just never get the job done. I'm amazed Dick Umile is still head coach.

PTR

Finish 1st in Hockey East every year then crash in burn in the post season. Most teams would be happy with that first place finish, but he must be on a short leash up there at this point.

I already know the crowd in Detroit is going to have a lot of black and orange. Get ready for us rock city, we are coming with a purpose and nothing to lose.

There's actually a decent number of RIT jerseys there each year... even before they made the jump. You've got a core group of guys that go every year.

Semi: Badgers vs. RIT, right?

(OK. I'll be the bad guy.)

Any other Wisconsin (future) grads on the board?

I'll be hanging out with a couple Wisconsin people in Detroit. If they win the whole thing, the free drinks will be flowing. Does that count?

edit: And another interesting thing (to me anyway) that I'll be watching. Buffalo-born goalie Brett Bennett was kicked off the BU team before last season, so he missed out on that national title. Now he could win with Wisconsin, where he's now the backup.

Archived