Ottawa 1st round plz!!

Hawk

Nothing could be better for me than to play Ottawa in the 1st round. I think the Sabres need a tough opponent right off the bat, to get them on a roll. To beat Alfie and Spitza, and knock them out would make my season!! I dont think I have ever hated a team more than them. Bunch of smug, dirty players.

BRING IT ON BIOTCHES!!! :death: :death:

The problem with all that, is of course, that Buffalo cannot seem to beat Ottawa.

Just in time for the game against the Sens on Friday - the Sens put up back to back 2-0 wins.

So you know the final core needs to be Buffalo 2 - Sens 0 .. That'll nip that warm playoff feeling they have in the spring buds.. Karma is best served cold and with a shutout

Confidence! If they can get past the first round and play well, not have Miller steal four games, they will be going into the series with momentum. The first series will be their first since Drury and Briere left. I think it is also important to take the final two games from Ottawa in the regular season.

I agree with you there. Confidence is such a big factor, and stomping on Ottawa will definitely swell their sacks.

Just in time for the game against the Sens on Friday - the Sens put up back to back 2-0 wins.

I was thinking about this late in the Habs game. Thinking to myself: great, the Sens are winning games 2-0 and now the Sabres are going to lose to the Habs 2-0. Glad that changed quick!

I'm on the "Ottawa in the first round" bandwagon now. Elliot may own the Sabres to date, but doubt will eventually creep into his thinking. With the added pressure of the playoffs, we couldn't ask for better time for that to happen.

I'm on the "Ottawa in the first round" bandwagon now. Elliot may own the Sabres to date, but doubt will eventually creep into his thinking. With the added pressure of the playoffs, we couldn't ask for better time for that to happen.

Elliot doesn't own the Sabres, Alfredsson and Spezza do, and until we learn to at least shut down one of them, we're not going to beat them.

Elliot's just another mediocre goalie profiting from the offensive production of the two big Ottawa guns, and the inability of the Buffalo "big guns".

You want Ottawa? Then you must want to lose in a 0-4 sweep. In fact if I were the Sens, I'd be losing games on purpose to make sure to play the Sabres in the first round.

Our best hope is to get Philly or Boston and someone else does us a favor and dumps the Sens. We also better hope the Thrashers don't get in either.

PTR

You want Ottawa? Then you must want to lose in a 0-4 sweep. In fact if I were the Sens, I'd be losing games on purpose to make sure to play the Sabres in the first round.

Our best hope is to get Philly or Boston and someone else does us a favor and dumps the Sens. We also better hope the Thrashers don't get in either.

PTR

A first round drubbing by the Sens might be the only way to get rid of the 'we like our core' mentality by OSP, Darcy & Ruff and will hopefully pave the way to get some changes made. On the other hand, a first round victory over the Sens might just give the 'core' the confidence to make a run this season. Sabres are sick of hearing about their struggles vs the Sens, but until they win a couple against them, it will be their albatross. Bring 'em on in the first round and let's see what this team is made of.

Go Sabres!

Go Bills!!

Based on last nights game the last thing these guys need is the senators in the first round.Careful what you wish for.The best senario would be for the senators to lose in the first round to another team and lose a couple key players to injury in the process.The sabres just don't match up well against these guys and the sens are definately in their heads,regardless of what the sabres say.Last night the sabres battled hard and I just had that same nagging feeling throughout the game that it was a forgone conclusion.

Seriously, the main reason Buffalo cannot beat these guys is the Ottawa goalie (whoever it is), ALWAYS plays lights out against us. I mean their GAA over these last 20+ games vs. Buf must be 1.5 or something. That's something that has to turn around at some point right?!? I mean it's not like Buffalo doesn't get shots or chances, they just cannot beat their goalie. Meanwhile, Ottawa always gets a fluky goal or two, Miller never plays his very best game and the Sens are seemingly playing with a lead 95% of the time in these games. Must solve their goalie soon. Other teams have

Seriously, the main reason Buffalo cannot beat these guys is the Ottawa goalie (whoever it is), ALWAYS plays lights out against us. I mean their GAA over these last 20+ games vs. Buf must be 1.5 or something. That's something that has to turn around at some point right?!? I mean it's not like Buffalo doesn't get shots or chances, they just cannot beat their goalie. Meanwhile, Ottawa always gets a fluky goal or two, Miller never plays his very best game and the Sens are seemingly playing with a lead 95% of the time in these games. Must solve their goalie soon. Other teams have

Ryan Miller was not the problem last night. Kelly's goal in the first was a fluke, but the rest were legit. Regardless if he is on his game or not, he can always be beaten over the shoulder and everybody knows he tends to commit to the butterfly too early. Regin exploited that with a great shot. The bigger problem is that our forwards are too soft on the walls and cannot sustain offensive zone presence (pick your team, it is usually the same night in and night out). When they do get quality chances it seems like they're playing with golf clubs instead of hockey sticks. There were many missed opportunities last night and it had little to do with the brilliance of Elliot. Take the Regin goal. If you replace Regin with any top six Sabres forward and that shot likely sails wide, or into the stomach of the goaltender. Simply put, Ottawa finishes a higher percentage of chances than Buffalo, game after game.

Until I see something different, I see Ottawa taking a playoff series against Buffalo in 5 games, much like in '06-'07.

Seriously, after that game? I just don't get it. We've lost to them 9 times in a row. Why on Earth does anyone think that this will change in the playoffs? I'm all for "beat your nemesis and it gives you a boost to win the cup", but there are absolutely no signs that point towards us actually being able to win. In essence, wishing to play Ottawa in the first round is the equivalent of wishing to have your heart torn out and stomped on. I don't have it in me any more.

Seriously, after that game? I just don't get it. We've lost to them 9 times in a row. Why on Earth does anyone think that this will change in the playoffs? I'm all for "beat your nemesis and it gives you a boost to win the cup", but there are absolutely no signs that point towards us actually being able to win. In essence, wishing to play Ottawa in the first round is the equivalent of wishing to have your heart torn out and stomped on. I don't have it in me any more.

When was the last time Ottawa really clobbered us? These teams are so close -- it's all in the Sabres' head.

Based on last nights game the last thing these guys need is the senators in the first round.Careful what you wish for.The best senario would be for the senators to lose in the first round to another team and lose a couple key players to injury in the process.The sabres just don't match up well against these guys and the sens are definately in their heads,regardless of what the sabres say.Last night the sabres battled hard and I just had that same nagging feeling throughout the game that it was a forgone conclusion.

So the best scenario is not only for Ottawa to lose in the first round, but to also lose a couple guys to injury? That's just low.

All any team really has to do is scout the games Ottawa has played against the Sabres to see how to beat them. Pressure the forwards... Miller said it last night during his presser.

Why do the Sabres have to wait until the playoffs to beat their nemesis when all they(every player)have to really do is look in the mirror to see who the nemesis is.

Regardless this season is better than what we have had, yes a lot of work needs to be done but it could be worse. Just ask Winnipeg, Quebec, and Hartford...

When was the last time Ottawa really clobbered us? These teams are so close -- it's all in the Sabres' head.

When they play against us they play like they can't lose. So yes, it's in the Sabre's heads. However, it's also in Ottawa's heads, which makes them much better than what they are. They skate like they own us which means we not only need to get them out of our heads, but we also have to make up for their exaggerated confidence by playing even better. Tough hill to climb in October when the game doesn't mean much, let alone in a pressure filled playoff series.

Archived