Ottawa 1st round plz!!

Hawk

Nothing could be better for me than to play Ottawa in the 1st round. I think the Sabres need a tough opponent right off the bat, to get them on a roll. To beat Alfie and Spitza, and knock them out would make my season!! I dont think I have ever hated a team more than them. Bunch of smug, dirty players.

BRING IT ON BIOTCHES!!! :death: :death:

Nothing could be better for me than to play Ottawa in the 1st round. I think the Sabres need a tough opponent right off the bat, to get them on a roll. To beat Alfie and Spitza, and knock them out would make my season!! I dont think I have ever hated a team more than them. Bunch of smug, dirty players.

BRING IT ON BIOTCHES!!! :death: :death:

I agree with you. When there's something you fear, the best thing to do is look it straight in the face and destroy it.

Beating Philly, Montreal, Boston in the first round won't mean very much. We should win those series. But beating Ottawa...that would convince me that the team can make a serious run.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

NO THANK YOU!!!!!

I'll pass on Ottawa, your cutting off your nose to spite yourself.

The Sabres have not been successful against Ottawa, I see no reason why this changes.

Bring on Montreal/Philly/Rangers/(insert any choice but Ottawa here).

Yeah, I think there's something to be said for this. I feared no Ottawa in 06 and I fear no Ottawa now. I did fear them in 07.

Although I think beating Philly would have almost as much meaning for the fans as beating Ottawa. And I wouldn't say the Sabres "should" beat anyone in the playoffs.

NO THANK YOU!!!!!

I'll pass on Ottawa, your cutting off your nose to spite yourself.

The Sabres have not been successful against Ottawa, I see no reason why this changes.

Bring on Montreal/Philly/Rangers/(insert any choice but Ottawa here).

Why be afraid? We have lost only one time to Ottawa in playoffs.

Yeah, I think there's something to be said for this. I feared no Ottawa in 06 and I fear no Ottawa now. I did fear them in 07.

Although I think beating Philly would have almost as much meaning for the fans as beating Ottawa. And I wouldn't say the Sabres "should" beat anyone in the playoffs.

I can't help it - Beating Philly in a playoff series always leaves a big ol' smile on my face for MONTHS.

That classless franchise with their equally classless POS fans simply CANNOT be allowed to beat the Sabres in a playoff series.

I'll take Ottawa if that is how it seeds out, but I'd rather play anyone else. As someone else said, no time to start ducking folks.

Ottawa is in a free fall. Spezza scores a hat trick and they lose. That has to be demoralizing. They're in Montreal tonight and then Buffalo. They are a good home team, but a terrible road team. Time to break that curse and beat them in Buffalo.

Philly and Ottawa are both in danger of falling out of the playoffs.

I'll take Ottawa if that is how it seeds out, but I'd rather play anyone else. As someone else said, no time to start ducking folks.

Ottawa is in a free fall. Spezza scores a hat trick and they lose. That has to be demoralizing. They're in Montreal tonight and then Buffalo. They are a good home team, but a terrible road team. Time to break that curse and beat them in Buffalo.

Actually they play the Habs Monday. You stand corrected :thumbsup:

I think Miller playing at the top of his game in a seven game series I'd like our chances against any of these teams as long as Ruff has these guys outworking the other guys.Let up on any of these teams and they can all make you look bad.

Being optimistic (hard for me, I know), is there any scenario for the Sabres to avoid a very tough second-round opponent? The 7-8 neighborhood in the East looks so weak, it's hard to envision Washington or Pittsburgh/NJ getting knocked off.

Why be afraid? We have lost only one time to Ottawa in playoffs.

Why be afraid? Ottawa is not a good match-up for the Sabres. They are certainly in the minds of the Sabres. I don't think a team as mentally and physically weak as the Sabres would be ready for that type of challenge early in the playoffs. The Sabres would be better served to make it through a round first before facing the challenge the Sens will bring. It would also help if they won the two remaining match-ups with the Sens as well.

Being optimistic (hard for me, I know), is there any scenario for the Sabres to avoid a very tough second-round opponent? The 7-8 neighborhood in the East looks so weak, it's hard to envision Washington or Pittsburgh/NJ getting knocked off.

The Sabres play the Devils in the final regular season game. I would start Lalime if it guaranteed avoiding a Sens match-up in round one.

Why be afraid? Ottawa is not a good match-up for the Sabres. They are certainly in the minds of the Sabres. I don't think a team as mentally and physically weak as the Sabres would be ready for that type of challenge early in the playoffs. The Sabres would be better served to make it through a round first before facing the challenge the Sens will bring. It would also help if they won the two remaining match-ups with the Sens as well.

So you think playing the Sens with them coming off a first round win would be better? And how would a 1st round win for the "mentally and physically weak" sabres improve their chances? Please elaborate!

So you think playing the Sens with them coming off a first round win would be better? And how would a 1st round win for the "mentally and physically weak" sabres improve their chances? Please elaborate!

Confidence! If they can get past the first round and play well, not have Miller steal four games, they will be going into the series with momentum. The first series will be their first since Drury and Briere left. I think it is also important to take the final two games from Ottawa in the regular season.

Ottawa in the first round? Where do i sign?

I would love to them play in the playoffs, especially in the first round. This team could use a momentum booster. Beating Ottawa will set the stage for the rest of the playoffs. If they can't do it, it's not that we got unlucky and lost to a team that has "our number" it will be because of lack of scoring, or lackluster goal-tending, aka, a choke job. But, i don't fear them. When we play at our peak, i don't fear anyone. I would love nothing more then play them in the first round.

Flyers play Atlanta in 2nd of back to back. They have serious goaltending problems again. Rangers big loss to Bruins today.

Flyers play Atlanta in 2nd of back to back. They have serious goaltending problems again. Rangers big loss to Bruins today.

Atlanta has been on a tear as of late, I would love to see them knock the Sens right out of playoff contention. :thumbsup:

More like 8 or 10 teams, counting playing us twice, right?

Obviously the ninth seeded Atlanta thrashers is the key to knocking the Sens out, right?

No. Philly, Montreal and Boston all have to pass them too. If you want Ottawa to miss the playoffs, it's all or none.

Archived