Ottawa 1st round plz!!

Hawk

I don't care who they play as long as they beat them.

+1

All of this "we need to play team x or team y" talk is nonsense. The players don't give a crap. What's important is pushing for the #2 overall seed, so the Sabres have home ice guaranteed for the first two rounds.

+1

All of this "we need to play team x or team y" talk is nonsense. The players don't give a crap. What's important is pushing for the #2 overall seed, so the Sabres have home ice guaranteed for the first two rounds.

Agreed! I'd love to see that #2 overall seeding.

That being said, beating the Sens would be the biggest morale booster for the team. If they have to sweat blood to beat them then so be it, it'll only prepare them for the travels ahead in the further rounds.

Beating the Flyers on the way there, always a bonus :thumbsup:

I'd prefer Philly or the Habs in the first.

(Assuming we remain the 3 seed) Predictions follow.

Philly's goaltending is a huge question mark, not to mention their team d is very weak. We match up very well against them. Sabres in 5.

Montreal's offense isn't build for the playoffs. They dont get enough traffic in front of the net. Their blueline is questionable. We usually play them very well, and they might be a better matchup than Philly. Sabres in 5.

I'd feel pretty good if we play either team in the first round.

As far as other teams go.

Boston :

Could go either way with me. If they got their act together, then their a very tough opponent. If they dont, then its a cakewalk. However they do play pretty psychical hockey, which is build for the pst season. Sabres in 6.

Jersey :

If they slip that far, which is unlikly, then i'll be pretty worried. Their D is always solid, and i fear Kovalchuk. I doubt our ability to keep him contained. Not to mention Brodeur is dangerous in the post. Devils in 7.

Atlanta :

I wouldn't count them out the race yet. Their next five games are aganist pretty weak teams. But the last five are against some of the best in the conference. It might be the case of get as many as possible, and play .500 toward the end. This isn't the same team without Kovy, but i think they do have enough to sneak past the Bruins. Either way, their not that great. The team D is pretty questionable. Sabres in 4?

I wouldn't call winning only 4 of their last 10 being on a tear.

4 out of the last 5 and beating us, the Sens and Philly twice probably sounds a little better, oh, and they almost beat the yotes but lost in OT or they would be 5 out of the last 5.

No. Philly, Montreal and Boston all have to pass them too. If you want Ottawa to miss the playoffs, it's all or none.

Which I counted, but whatever floats your boat buddy, you want to rip me for practically nothing go for it. I'm a big boy, I can handle it.

Phi

Buf

Fla

Was

Car

NYI

TB

Mon

Bos

Atlanta

I count ten teams and Atlanta is still the key.

I have no idea what you're talking about here. What is that, someone's remaining schedule?

Anyway, here's my point. If Ottawa is going to miss the playoffs it will take more than just Atlanta passing them. Ottawa's currently in 5th, so any combination of 4 teams need to pass them in the standings. No one team is more key than any of the others.

I have no idea what you're talking about here. What is that, someone's remaining schedule?

Anyway, here's my point. If Ottawa is going to miss the playoffs it will take more than just Atlanta passing them. Ottawa's currently in 5th, so any combination of 4 teams need to pass them in the standings. No one team is more key than any of the others.

You said 3 other teams had to play a role for said scenario and technically its ten.

Naturally the ninth seeded Thrashers would be key for the scenario to even take place,

comprende?

Why be afraid? Ottawa is not a good match-up for the Sabres. They are certainly in the minds of the Sabres. I don't think a team as mentally and physically weak as the Sabres would be ready for that type of challenge early in the playoffs. The Sabres would be better served to make it through a round first before facing the challenge the Sens will bring. It would also help if they won the two remaining match-ups with the Sens as well.

+1, although I would love to beat them in the playoffs. That would be slaying the demons.

I'd be pretty happy with beating Philly too.

+1, although I would love to beat them in the playoffs. That would be slaying the demons.

I'd be pretty happy with beating Philly too.

Didn't we slay them in '06? Those are some badass demons, coming back to life n sh*t.

At first i was hoping not to face the sens in the playoffs but after reading what you guys said i now think it would be best for the sabres to face ottawa. I wish they could crush the sens just to see other people faces cause i'm in ottawa. It would be so sweet

Before we do face Ottawa we need to petition the hockey faithful to be aware of the deference Ottawa gets from the officiating regimen. I've seen it too many times against the Sabres and they do the same against other teams which I have seen all too often!.

And tonight with 4 minutes remaining a goal that was clearly across the goal line was disqualified by Toronto after an unusually long review! Toronto! Your transparency is lacking - to say the least!

Ottawa capital of Canada - the birthplace of hockey! UNDUE INFLUENCE?

Before we do face Ottawa we need to petition the hockey faithful to be aware of the deference Ottawa gets from the officiating regimen. I've seen it too many times against the Sabres and they do the same against other teams which I have seen all too often!.

And tonight with 4 minutes remaining a goal that was clearly across the goal line was disqualified by Toronto after an unusually long review! Toronto! Your transparency is lacking - to say the least!

Ottawa capital of Canada - the birthplace of hockey! UNDUE INFLUENCE?

As one of your defenders on this board, I must request that you give the officiating conspiracy theories a rest. They are just silly.

As one of your defenders on this board, I must request that you give the officiating conspiracy theories a rest. They are just silly.

Actually, people use the word conspiracy when it pains them (as in cognitive dissonance) to rationalize the fact it is complicity. The two words although similar mean different things.

They are NOT officiating conspiracies. They are a lack of officiating quality control - consistently! I'm NOT the first with that observation and definitely NOT the last! CHILL OUT!

Actually, people use the word conspiracy when it pains them (as in cognitive dissonance) to rationalize the fact it is complicity. The two words although similar mean different things.

They are NOT officiating conspiracies. They are a lack of officiating quality control - consistently! I'm NOT the first with that observation and definitely NOT the last! CHILL OUT!

Sigh.

Archived