GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

ThePebble19

Can the puck hit a glove and then go into the net? What are the rules. Looks like it hit his glove, but could've then hit the Thrashers leg.... Just curious what the rule is?

Rule 67.6 Disallowed Goal - A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck with his hand into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck and it is deflected into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official. When the puck enters the net on a clear deflection off a glove, the goal shall be allowed.

Rule 67.6 Disallowed Goal - A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck with his hand into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck and it is deflected into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official. When the puck enters the net on a clear deflection off a glove, the goal shall be allowed.

Thanks... Oh well.... Sabres just can't seem to score enough when needed.... I thought the team played better with Goose out and what's his name up from Portland. I don't think either skates great, but Mancari has better hands around the net.... Sit Goose or Torres and and bring up Mancari.

Thanks... Oh well.... Sabres just can't seem to score enough when needed.... I thought the team played better with Goose out and what's his name up from Portland. I don't think either skates great, but Mancari has better hands around the net.... Sit Goose or Torres and and bring up Mancari.

Sabres rely on Miller too much. Gaustad needs to watch tapes of Holmstrom to learn how to use his size. I'd like to see Tyler Ennis or Nathan Gerbe get a shot up here to generate some offense, but they give up ALOT of size.

Game thoughts...

- Horrible start to the game. Bad defense & horrible communication between Miller and Tallinder.

- While Lalime did not square up to the shooter on the GWG, Slater beat Myers to the net. Thumbs down to both players.

- Mair's effectiveness in the offensive zone all night was negated by a ###### ridiculous penalty at a time that couldn't have been worse.

- Nice job by Lindy of getting Gaustad in the dot with 3 seconds to go. He does one thing well and when the game is on the line, where is he?<_<

- Vanek is a lost soul 5 on 5. The one good chance he had, he fired it wide.

- I thought Hecht was the best forward for the Sabres.

- Roy continues to provide evidence for my case that he needs to be shown the door in the offseason.

Can the puck hit a glove and then go into the net? What are the rules. Looks like it hit his glove, but could've then hit the Thrashers leg.... Just curious what the rule is?

Is that you Harry? :)

It can go off the glove, it just can't be batted or gloved or directed into the net.

And yet Darcy thought this team was good enough to be a Cup Contender by just adding Torres

Actually, I'm pretty sure that he did not say anything like that. His stance was (1) we're in good shape for the next few years because or "top six" are locked up; and (2) deadlines are times to tweak your roster. Not that I'm saying that's any better, but ...

Watched the replay a few time and it went off of his glove. If I could tell that from a DVR recording, Toronto needs some new equipment.

See rule quoted above.

There was some entertainment value in this one. Timeout called late. Harry says Buffalo called it, if not Atlanta. Then, during the timeout, he said he didn't know how much time was left, since the clock was still running. Rick had to tell him that was the timeout clock.

Torres has no hockey sense.

Archived