GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

ThePebble19

What a great memory that was - 'hardest' working team in hockey. feels like a different life that it was a sabre team that carried that mantra....

this losing to ATL thing is really eating at me...i don't understand why most other teams come in to this arena and smoke them.

i don't get that goose beat down in heretonight.....what else do you guys expectF>? at least he gives an honest effort, along with patty k and a few other guys...right about now, that is the only thing i am even look for anymore with these guys...

4, 3 games in hand

Interesting. I had them at 76 points in 70 games after adding a win tonight, so when I saw nhl.com had the same, I assumed it was right. However, I caught the end of that game and they were talking about how it was the first six-game win streak for them since '06. Checking again, nhl.com still says "WON 5" under their streak, so it hasn't been updated. I must have missed a win along the way.

Interesting. I had them at 76 points in 70 games after adding a win tonight, so when I saw nhl.com had the same, I assumed it was right. However, I caught the end of that game and they were talking about how it was the first six-game win streak for them since '06. Checking again, nhl.com still says "WON 5" under their streak, so it hasn't been updated. I must have missed a win along the way.

tonight...they just beat the Rangers

tonight...they just beat the Rangers

The fact that we are even TALKING about the Canadiens illustrates the absolutely pathetic depths to which the Sabres have sunk. This is a joke. The Northeast Division is a joke. Honestly, playoffs of any sort are in serious danger for a team that can't beat anyone in the NHL, at this point in time, unless Miller stands on his head. And considering how painfully obvious it is that the Sabres have no chance of any playoff run whatsoever in them, I think it would be a GOOD thing if this team completely collapses, as they are now, and doesn't even make the playoffs. Maybe THEN there might be some accountability within HSBC Arena... if Golisano gets as upset as most of us already are.

The fact that we are even TALKING about the Canadiens illustrates the absolutely pathetic depths to which the Sabres have sunk. This is a joke. The Northeast Division is a joke. Honestly, playoffs of any sort are in serious danger for a team that can't beat anyone in the NHL, at this point in time, unless Miller stands on his head. And considering how painfully obvious it is that the Sabres have no chance of any playoff run whatsoever in them, I think it would be a GOOD thing if this team completely collapses, as they are now, and doesn't even make the playoffs. Maybe THEN there might be some accountability within HSBC Arena... if Golisano gets as upset as most of us already are.

Darcy needs to go, no doubt, but it's definitely time to give Ruff the boot too.

I mean what's with this crap? How hard can it be to get your guys ready to a point where they're able to skate the first 4 minutes of a game without giving up two goals?

The only reason we sit where we do is due to Ryan being red hot most of the season and some solid contributions from an 18 year old rookie.

Nobody is ever getting fired here though.

Darcy needs to go, no doubt, but it's definitely time to give Ruff the boot too.

I mean what's with this crap? How hard can it be to get your guys ready to a point where they're able to skate the first 4 minutes of a game without giving up two goals?

The only reason we sit where we do is due to Ryan being red hot most of the season and some solid contributions from an 18 year old rookie.

It's up to the players to get ready. Where is the self motivation and pride to play hard with the playoffs coming up?

I think Lindy has been "the problem" for a long time, although the players are psychologically fragile. It's a bad mix of players and a stale coach. I'm not sure what's wrong with these guys but I think a new coach at this point of the year might be a breath of fresh air. There's no more excuses...there are too many things that have been going wrong...total breakdowns, just enough to lose. This team isn't motivated to win in 60 minutes...they always back in for wins in OT or SO...why not change the coach now? It's not getting any better.

It's up to the players to get ready. Where is the self motivation and pride to play hard with the playoffs coming up?

To a certain extent, I agree it's up the players.

But at some point you need to point the finger at the coaching staff as well, and wonder how it is year after year, the same bad habits just seem to carry over from season to season?

Tallinder's been good, Connolly's been healthy, Miller's been playing lights out and there's a new kid on the block called Tyler this year.

Yet nothing has really changed. The team still has the same bad habits, and it's up to the coaching staff to make sure they get rid of those habits.

Ruff has been unable to accomplish this, which is why he at this point has to be considered part of the problem, rather than part of the solution.

To a certain extent, I agree it's up the players.

But at some point you need to point the finger at the coaching staff as well, and wonder how it is year after year, the same bad habits just seem to carry over from season to season?

Tallinder's been good, Connolly's been healthy, Miller's been playing lights out and there's a new kid on the block called Tyler this year.

Yet nothing has really changed. The team still has the same bad habits, and it's up to the coaching staff to make sure they get rid of those habits.

Ruff has been unable to accomplish this, which is why he at this point has to be considered part of the problem, rather than part of the solution.

Agree also, both are responsible. If this team continues it slow fade and has a poor playoff, Ruff should be let go.

I love the cutaways to the Buffalo bench. Ruff and Patrick and usually yucking it up. Ruff is so comfortable and so full of himself after the Olympic experience, it's not even funny. "I'll get 'em there." Any day, month, season, decade, millennium now, coach.

I love the cutaways to the Buffalo bench. Ruff and Patrick and usually yucking it up. Ruff is so comfortable and so full of himself after the Olympic experience, it's not even funny. "I'll get 'em there." Any day, month, season, decade, millennium now, coach.

And considering how most people seem in awe of how great a coach he is, and how unlucky he is to be stuck coaching this bunch of losers, why wouldn't he be?

I think Lindy has been "the problem" for a long time, although the players are psychologically fragile. It's a bad mix of players and a stale coach. I'm not sure what's wrong with these guys but I think a new coach at this point of the year might be a breath of fresh air. There's no more excuses...there are too many things that have been going wrong...total breakdowns, just enough to lose. This team isn't motivated to win in 60 minutes...they always back in for wins in OT or SO...why not change the coach now? It's not getting any better.

I am almost died when I saw Mair out there with less than 2 minutes to play and down a goal...Then, he commits the dumb penalty...Lindy, you need to ask yourself, why???

I am almost died when I saw Mair out there with less than 2 minutes to play and down a goal...Then, he commits the dumb penalty...Lindy, you need to ask yourself, why???

I have a feeling Mike Schopp is going to be all over this. And I'll be listening. That's how bad my world has gotten. Mike Schopp is my go-to hockey guy. He's one of the few in the Buffalo media who actually has a grown a set re: Ruff.

Archived