2006 Trade Deadline Thread

chileanseabass

WOW ... Dwayne Roloson for a first round pick plus a conditional pick!

Wow, lets all thank Edmonton for driving up Biron's price.

I think that's way too much for a rental player, especially Roloson, unless their sure he'll resign. You're right... this definetly does drive up Marty's value though.

I think that's way too much for a rental player, especially Roloson, unless their sure he'll resign. You're right... this definetly does drive up Marty's value though.

I think Rollie is comparable to Marty and if that is all that is out there I wouldn't have traded him either. Draft picks suck, we need a dman now.

HAHAH what a dumb move for Edmonton. Well, at least its dumb how much they gave up....a 1st rounder for a 36-year-old! As someone else said, thanks for driving up the price for one of our goalies

Does it drive the price up because Rollie is now worth a 1st (and 3rd if he re-signs) and the market has been set high or does it drive the price down because there is now 1 less buyer? My guess is that it drives the price down, but we'll find out in the next 26 or so hours.

Does it drive the price up because Rollie is now worth a 1st (and 3rd if he re-signs) and the market has been set high or does it drive the price down because there is now 1 less buyer? My guess is that it drives the price down, but we'll find out in the next 26 or so hours.

Am I the only one who thinks a draft pick isn't all that great of a pick up for a starting Goalie? I want a person in return.

Am I the only one who thinks a draft pick isn't all that great of a pick up for a starting Goalie? I want a person in return.

It depends on the team. Minnesota is basically done, so the pick has more value to them. The Sabres need to get a player that can play now in return for Marty since we're contending.

It depends on the team. Minnesota is basically done, so the pick has more value to them. The Sabres need to get a player that can play now in return for Marty since we're contending.

thats true it does depend entierly on the team... to add to what you've said though the wild have Fernandez and probably a decent backup in the minors so they can afford to not get anything in return for the G position... i don't think there too worried... that draft pick should serve them well.

Dwayne will be 37 when next season begins and has not played particularily well in the new NHL. He only had 2 starts since the end of January, he wasn't Minny's starting goalie. I think that was a good trade for Minnesota.

Darcy most likely agrees with you and that is probably why Marty still has a shatanic goat on his sweater instead of an oil drop.

the wild have Fernandez and probably a decent backup in the minors so they can afford to not get anything in return for the G position.

I don't know who they've got in the system, but two backups were placed on waviers today: Phil Sauve of Phoenix and Mike Morrison of Edmonton.

as mentioned in another thread, if we're in the running for Bertuzzi, I think that we'll make another trade to go with it where we give off a forward for either a pick or a defensman.. Trading for another forward is just.. too many forwards..

Especially when Connolly comes back.

Archived