2006 Trade Deadline Thread

chileanseabass

What happened to that trade ticker that TSN used to have, like 4 or 5 years ago. Me and my friend would be in class (high school) and we'd ask to get excused to the bathroom or when we had a free period, stay in the comp lab and just watch that thing get updated. It was crazy because there were continuous trades. This right now is very unexciting and I have to go to class at 1 until 3:45 which will probably be the only exciting part of this whole trade deadline! Who cares about Finance and Creative Writing? I certainly do not right now... <_<

I don't know if his season is over yet in Europe, but what about bringing back James Patrick for depth as a 7th defenseman? He is certainly better than Fitzpatrick in addition to any blueliners in Rochester. I don't care that he is 40 something, the guy can still play.

OTT was smart for getting MIKE MORRISON from EDM to back up EMERY. He was decent for the Oil.

Does this mean DOMINATOR will rest until playoff time?????? Will he pull the groin stunt somewhere down the line. I know he's hurting, but I think OTT is saying he will return to #1 form. He's done this before... :ph34r:

The Phoenix Coyotes have dealt defenceman Denis Gauthier to the Philadelphia Flyers for winger Josh Gratton and two second-round picks.

per TSN

That is good for PHILLY. Gauthier is good, went with CGY to the CUP Finals in '03-04. Dammit!! I hate you FLYERS!!! :angry:

ugh if noronen has been delt does this mean that were finished... i hope not... i like the idea of keeping biron though... a one two bunch like the now non-existant wild one two punch is going to be awsome in the playoffs if we need it...

I heard Dom will be back soon less than 2 weeks depending on how he feels. Why they picked up another goalie I have no idea.

Now I feel like the sabres are done. I hope Darcy knows what he is doing not going to get another D man.

Best of luck to Mika I always liked him and if he got a shot more than 3-4 games I thought he would do well.

I heard Dom will be back soon less than 2 weeks depending on how he feels. Why they picked up another goalie I have no idea.

Now I feel like the sabres are done. I hope Darcy knows what he is doing not going to get another D man.

Maybe for the future? Dom is probably going to retire soon (for real). It shouldn't be a problem for them to carry 3 goalies with the expanded roster. Morrision looked very good at times earlier this year. I dunno, just speculating.

Interesting...an hour and a half to go and still no fire sales. I figured Pittsburgh would start dumping players by now.

Recchi to Carolina for TBA from TSN.

Jokinen resigned with Florida 4 years $21 Million.

http://www.tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=157824&hubName=main

carolina should watch out lest they become the superstar filled team that the rangers once were... however i think this move is probably to replace eric cole... as thats a huge gap on there lineup.

If I remember correctly from past years, Darcy has always made most of his moves very close to the deadline. We could still very easily see something happen.

Shrader, I think you're right. Honestly, if there is not a deal out there to improve the team, stand pat. No deals for the sake of making deals!

carolina should watch out lest they become the superstar filled team that the rangers once were... however i think this move is probably to replace eric cole... as thats a huge gap on there lineup.

It looks like it's a short term move as Recchi wants to be in Pittsburgh and is a UFA after the season. Carolina is just trying to come close to replacing Cole who's absence creates a huge hole.

If I remember correctly from past years, Darcy has always made most of his moves very close to the deadline. We could still very easily see something happen.

I will have to agree here, he does seem to pull off one right at 3 and more than one a season if the price is right.

Sorry didn't see the other response saying just about what I just said.

Archived