2006 Trade Deadline Thread

chileanseabass

I wonder if that would open up a deal between the Sabres and Phoenix?

That has been my gut feeling all along, but not for Biron, for Noronen. The return would be either Mara or Morris. I think the fact that Morris has re-signed and will no longer be a UFA after the season makes that especially intriguing

He is a UFA at the end of this year, currently making $1.67 million.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6022501394.html

We could deal Mika for Witt. It's a win win IMO. Kolzig is old, and Mika is still young, and he could get a much better chance with the Capitals. Witt is an UFA, so at the end of the year they would more then likely lose him anyway so they might just bit. Let's hope.

We could deal Mika for Witt. It's a win win IMO. Kolzig is old, and Mika is still young, and he could get a much better chance with the Capitals. Witt is an UFA, so at the end of the year they would more then likely lose him anyway so they might just bit. Let's hope.

Oh absolutely, I would love to have Witt here in Buffalo...I just don't think it will happen. Also, I am not sure Washington will deal him for Noronen alone. I can't remember where I read it but I heard that he said he wouldnt come play for Buffalo...anyone see that??

I thought Witt early in the year. But he is one of the guys that the NHL is going to force out. He maybe more willing to to rough it up then Fitzpatrick but is much slower and not really an upgrade at this point.

Oh absolutely, I would love to have Witt here in Buffalo...I just don't think it will happen. Also, I am not sure Washington will deal him for Noronen alone. I can't remember where I read it but I heard that he said he wouldnt come play for Buffalo...anyone see that??

No way are we giving up a good goalie and another player for a rent a player

Witt won't play in Buffalo? He might have had said that before the season started...

No way are we giving up a good goalie and another player for a rent a player

That's the name of the game. The goalie we would give away is Mika, so it's not a major loss, and who's the "other" player? Washington is out, Witt is 100% useless to them. Fitzpatrick sucks a big one, IMO he isn't even good enough for the AHL. Witt adds better defense then Fitzpatrick.

TSN reports that Ken Klee is out of Toronto, to the Devils. No word on what NJ is giving up yet.

Hey good move for the Devils I think, he is pretty solid. Way to go Toronto, who needs Klee when you have the all-star Luc Richardson :rolleyes:

That last one is interesting. Do both benefit from a change of scenery--Theo getting back to his old self, Aebischer becoming the No.1 that Colorado thought he could be? Or is it a simple swap of mediocrity?

I doubt this one will work out quite so well, but Colorado did alright the last time they picked up a goalie from Montreal.

Archived